1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caesar Guerini Trap ( Magnus Combo )

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Newfoundlander, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Newfoundlander

Newfoundlander Member

New Caesar Guerini Magnus Combo set will be here in a week , and I can't wait to smoke some clays...

I searched through the TS.com data source posted by members who own a CG gun , and made my choice of 32" O/U and 34" Top Single combo set...

Any other Members on here who has experiences with CG guns who may be able to help me with the do's and don't in POI tuning and general care of this new gun would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance for your help..

Robert Appleby

( Newfoundlander )

2. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

Good Luck you made a great choice I have a ceasar and love it... Wes , John and all at ceasar are great to work with ...Let us know..

3. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

I have had Summit unsingle 2.5 years did need a hammer spring toward the end of last year(No Charge) talked me through install on the phone,sent a new hat for my inconveniance.

Combo I have had about two years, that one didnot cock correctly every time they worked on it at the Grand no charge.Wes told us then if they didn't get it right while we were there he'd send us home with a new gun if need be to fix the problem. Great group of people and very willing to help. They got it right so still have they old gun. Jeff

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Love mine,

My only advise is watch the finish on the stock, From all the people that ask to fondle it!

Pull the tubes after every shoot, clean and lube, at first the black steel tube can rust a little and cause a tight or stuck tube, after time this improves.

5. guerini

guerini TS Member

I have the unsingle, great gun, I also believe the magnus is the nicest looking, considering its the middle grade....

Good shooting...

6. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

When you lube the choke tubes be sure and lube the whole surface not just the threads.

Lubing the complete surface keeps the area between the barrel and the tube closed and thus keeps the combustion pressure, hydraulically, from pushing between the barrel and choke tube.

Failure to do this and oxidation and combustion debris will get between the barrel and tube and seize up the tube in a short period of time.

Michael Stephenson
    Caesar Guerinin Magnus Combo 34/32

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I have been using CMD grease on my tubes for years and it does a wonderful job and really seals the gasses. I lube the threads and up the side of the tube and twist it while istalling and it smears the grease on the sides of the tube as it goes in, absolutely never any problems, I like it much better than the thinner greases out there, I used to used White Lithium Grease. Now only CMD.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

8. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

i put a lil breakfree on my CG chokes every 500 rounds or so and have never had a problem

9. Newfoundlander

Newfoundlander Member

Any previous CG owners able to tell me what POI their guns shot from the factory...

I intend to punch some paper , but just wondering if yours shot well right out of the Box or if they had to be tuned in much...

Also how much do the POI change for each stroke on the Rib adjustment wheel..

Thanks gain for the advice,

Robert ( Newfoundlander )

10. soup

soup Member

NEWFIS ,

Great folks & a nice Island to visit. I shot a 500 pound bear on NewFoundland in 2002 . I guess they were among the most hospitable and hard working people I've hunted with!!

BILL

11. Newfoundlander

Newfoundlander Member

Hi Bill,

Great to see that you had a nice hunt here in NFL'D...

I has a friend in the Buchans ( Central NFL'D Area ) who has several hunting lodges , and offers a 100% success rate with Moose , Caribou and Bear...

Now that the Coyote has entered Newfoundland , our Caribou are on a down turn...

Next time you are here , contact me and I can arrange some trapshooting...

I live near the Range which is only minuets from the Airport at Deer Lake...

Robert ( Newfoundlander )

12. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Robert, Read and heed the lubing of choke tubes advice here or you will have problems. Bill

13. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

My Maxum Combo out of the box shot about 120% high. Brought it down

to 90/10 and it smokes targets. On both barrels I have 6 notches showing

with the rib sitting on the seventh. The O/U barrels shoot to the same POI

on the pattern board.

Mike Cunningham

Groveland, CA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
caesar guerini magnus trap combo