Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesar Guerini Trap Guns

4K views 38 replies 25 participants last post by  mike c 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever handled a “Caesar Guerini” trap gun?

Take a look at their web site where they show three versions of trap guns both unsingle and O/U combo. http://www.gueriniusa.com They put just about every bell and whistle a trap shooter could want in a trap gun. They are a fairly new company located in Italy and have my attention. If the prices are correct on their web site they are really pricing their guns where many of us can afford to buy a good quality trap gun under $10,000.

I’m interested in hearing from you and please me tell what you think.

Rob-C

#3 ·
i just bought one from bob shultz and im loving every bit of it. IT DOES NOT KICK!!! thats the wonderful thing about it. i broke a 96 with it the first time i shot it, so im very thrilled with it. i dont have 1 complaint about the whole gun. i highly recomind one.

#4 ·
I shot one belonging to a friend. Relatively light gun with surprisingly light recoil and nice balance, lifetime warranty, chrome lined bbls, adjustable trigger, adjustable comb and rib from 60 to 120% P.O.I. For me personally, the only down sides are that it comes only with choke tubes, no drop-out trigger and no release, yet.

Buz

P.S. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Guerini has manufactured guns for several hundred years, but are just now entering the American Target Shotgun arena.

#5 ·
alfermann...according to the website, release triggers are available. I was looking at them last night. They also have nice accessory packages. I would assume if a buyer is getting a release and a pull trigger they would have to make it to drop out. Perhaps its either or when ordering.

According to Ken Rucker, Speedbump stockworks, he has installed a number of recoil reducers in them and has nothing but good to say about the guns.

#6 ·
The triggers are not drop outs, the stock is really simple to remove, it be able to get to the trigger, my son shot one at the Grand,and he loved the Summit model,he ran 25 with very few chips, dust dust dust. he really would like to have one,would of but we bought a MX 10 at state earlier in the yr.
My only ? would be service, other then that I would have one, then again I still might
Chuck

#7 ·
I have inquired about this Target Gun at Jaquas Fine Gun . The manager said
these are Beretta knockoffs actually . Very close to Beretta . Quality wise
Same gun . If I want Italian Gun it would be Perrazzi Which I have had many . Wait and see if the prices start rising then you know its a winner . Had a Mach One used one actually
5 of us from this area had them . No one kept them . Passing fad looking for magic gun . I have K 80 thats Killer gun and Silver Sietz Thats on the mend
of being a Killer Gun . I wish you could buy and have proper stock and shooting measurements in a Gun when you Buy them .

Pat Kelley

#8 ·
Jake & Paul,
To what attribute of the gun do you ascribe the reduction in apparent recoil to?

Buz,
Guerini is a new company, the founder of Guerini is from the Rizzini family. The Guerini guns I’ve seen have certainly been more attractively finished than Rizzini’s of a similar price – more importantly - better machined as well.

Pat,
The Guerini guns I’ve seen have had action designs nothing like the Beretta O/U’s – I wonder if the manager at Jaquas was thinking of Rizzini?

Regards

Russell

#10 ·
I shot the O/U at the PA State Shoot, and I thought it kicked a little bit too much. It's not that it hurt me, I just thought it slowed me down on the recovery for doubles a bit. Just goes to show you, though, there's nothing magic about this gun, like any other. Some models feel great to some people, while other people disagree. Interestingly, my friend shot the unsingle at the same time, and he thought it kicked, too. Try it for yourself.

#11 ·
I just bought the Magnus Trap Combo. I purchased it from Barts Sportsworld in Maryland. ( Very nice people to deal with) It really is a beautiful gun. The fit and finish are outstanding. I only have a couple of hundred rounds through it but I am VERY happy so far. I think you would have a hard time getting this much gun for the price.

#12 ·
Purchased a Summit at the Grand from Gamamiel. Broke 25 srait with the try gun and really like the feel. I was working deal whie we opened the box and when I saw the beautiful wood I was sold. My first new Trap gun ever. I hope that it and I can live up to my expectations.

Bill Sheward

#13 ·
Thx for the info Russell.

KelleyPLK, you've been knocking on the wrong door, "I wish you could buy and have proper stock and shooting measurements in a Gun when you Buy them". Alfermann and Kolar both offer stock fitting on new guns.

Setterman, "Regarding service. I added a 410 barrel to my 28 gauge Summit. Took 10 days. Sent my 12 gauge in for annual service. Took 10 days. Try that with any other gun". I sent my 90T to Kolar for overhaul and mod. Back in 7 days.

Buz

#18 ·
was not aware that was canadian dollars. I am not familiar with the conversion so yes that may be a good deal then.

So I asked this earlier in this thread, are the only differences between models the upgraded wood and engraving or are there some mechanical differences as well?

#20 ·
I shot one at the Ohio state shoot and I thought the recoil was a little too much. After taking the stock off and inspecting the trigger and other parts I decided that this was not a very good purchase. It just didn't look it was designed to handle a lot of shooting, I could be wrong. Just my opinion.

#21 ·
Once there are a couple of hundred guns that have gone 200,000+ rounds there will be a history that we can draw upon.

The CG will earn its reputation over time. Krieghoff had to do the same against the Perazzi.

What the club shooter thinks is immaterial.

The opinions printed by the "gun writers" is not worth wiping your butt with.

The opinions of the top shotgun smiths will make or break this guns future.

Don

#22 ·
Well I guess whatever I say might be immaterial as I am a club shooter and in ATA I'm a AA shooter and accepted a reduction to 26 yds. So maybe this year I will pound a few targets with this one and see if I can get back up to 27 yds and try to increase from AA to AAA and then maybe my opinion might matter some what.

So I guess we can bring this discussion up after I create some history with this gun.

Regards,
Sam

#23 ·
Hi Richard,

I'm not aware of any changes to the ribs. I also see the difference and it may be that the 30" barrels vent rib may be different from the 32" barrel vent rib. I do not have any 30" barrels here to check to see if that is the case. I do know that the pics on line are from the guns that were at the Shot Show last January.

When I flew down to the Shot Show I did not notice different ribs on the guns there and then I would have to have been very noticeable for me to see the difference. You are very observant that is something that I would not have noticed.

Best regards,
Sam

#25 ·
Any one else have an actual photo of a Magnus model?

I am considering a Caesar Guerini combo and had discarded the Summit until I saw the photo that Sam posted.

In looking at the web site photo of the Magnus, I do not think I like the multi color side plates.

Now I don't know which one to consider.

I have not found a dealer in the Northeast that has any of these guns in stock to even look at.

Thanks in advance

Dr. Honk

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.