Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesar Guerini Trap guns - Your opinions please

6K views 30 replies 23 participants last post by  Mohave60 
#1 ·
Would appreciate any opinions from owners of any of the Trap model Caesar Guerini's - Summit / Magnus /Maxum. Even opinions from non-owners who have an opinion also.

Thanks!
Barry

#17 ·
Very different guns, but both have very good triggers and good bbls. When new, big difference in cost...combo vs single bbl gun. I have a top single CG combo and a Ljutic with the fixed Pro rib. CG service is probably slightly better, but what's to go wrong with a Ljutic that you can't fix yourself? Both are excellent, but different. Personal choice. Will the CG last as long as the Ljutic? Nothing will last as long as a Ljutic, but for me, I'll be dead and gone before that ever becomes an issue. Love'm both.

WNCRob

#18 ·
With the Caesar Guerini you get a gun with all the bells and whistles, long forcing cones, Dynamic Tuning System, your choice of 3 grades, adjustability next to none, Service, Warranty, all at a Favorable Price.

They are the fastest selling Trap Gun on the market at this time.

They do what they were built to do, BREAK TARGETS and a factory Release.

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

#25 ·
I bought a Magnus 34" US / 32" OU in 2008. I have registered 20,200 targets and shot approximately the same amount in non-registered.

The length of pull (LOP) was too long 14 3/4" and the down pitch was too great about 3 1/2" at the muzzle when the rib was placed against the wall ertically. It did have some 'kick' to it because of the down pitch. (Caesar Guerini leaves the stocks long at 14 3/4" LOP so they can be fitted.)

I have been shooting a long time and know what works for me. I took out almost all of the pitch to where it is now about 1/2" at the muzzle when placed against the wall, installed a 1 1/8" Kick-eez recoil pad, and shortened the LOP to 14 1/4". No recoil reducers and no recoil devices. Now the gun recoils but it doesn't 'kick'. My personal opinion is that a Gra-coil or any other recoil device is not needed if the gun is setup correctly for you.

I shot Ljutic's for years along with Remington 3200's for doubles but I must say the Caesar Guerini Magnus combo is the best trap gun I have ever owned. I never liked combo's at the time because it seemed that shooters always had to adjust something when going from the single barrel to the over and under barrel. That is not the case with the Caesar Guerini. When you switch barrels you have exactly the same sight picture. I have all three barrels set to shoot 15" high (center of pattern) at 30 yards.

Make no mistake the gun moves very fast and may take some change in your shooting style to master. I would suggest you get the 34" US with the 32" O/U instead of the 34/30" because of the speed of the gun when swinging. The barrels are much lighter today than they were years ago. The high rib makes seeing the target quicker much easier. Just make sure you don't move the gun until the bird has risen above your rib.

I agree with the posts above. The Caesar Guerini Magnus is the best looking, best shooting trap gun I have ever owned. If and when I wear this one out I would certainly purchase another one.

Michael Stephenson

AA-26-AA

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.