1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caesar Guerini Trap Combo Opinions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 1moreround, Oct 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

I am considering a new Magnus combo, in 32/34. After test firing a Summit Unsingle that a visiting shooter had at our club, I thought it kicked like a mid-sized mule on steroids, but am not sure if it was just improper set up or not, but I did notice that he had a Gra-coil installed on it. My questions to you all are... #1: How do you feel they compare in recoil to other high end guns. #2: What are your overall opinions on these trap guns. #3: What are the main differences between the Summit and the Magnus...Much appreciated....Ernie

2. Danny56

Danny56 TS Member

Does this meen I can have your TMX?

3. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

LOL: Let me guess, you want the TMX, you must be looking for a pay raise?? No, and No...;-)

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Take this for what it's worth. A guy I shoot with recently got a Guerini combo.
    Today he sold his Krieghoff KX-5 for $2700. He said he likes the Guerini better.

Eric

5. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

Ernie

I bought a Magnus 34" US / 32" OU in February of this year. The length of pull (LOP) was too long 14 3/4" and the down pitch was too great about 3 1/2" at the muzzle when the rib was placed against the wall vertically. It did have some 'kick' to it because of the down pitch.

I have been shooting a long time and know what works for me. I took out almost all of the pitch to where it is now about 1/2" at the muzzle when placed against the wall, installed a 1 1/8" Kick-eez recoil pad, and shortened the LOP to 14 1/4". No recoil reducers and no recoil devices. Now the gun recoils but it doesn't 'kick'. My personal opinion is that a Gra-coil or any other recoil device is not needed if the gun is setup correctly for you.

I shot Ljutic's for years along with Remington 3200's for doubles but I must say the Caesar Guerini Magnus combo is the best trap gun I have ever owned. Make no mistake the gun moves very fast and may take some change in your shooting style to master. However the high rib makes seeing the target quicker much easier. Just make sure you don't move the gun until the bird has risen above your rib.

The difference between the Summit and the Magnus is the Magnus is prettier because I like the case-hardened finish and the gold birds.

My 2 cents worth.

Michael Stephenson

AA-26.5-A

6. Jim Graham

Jim Graham TS Member

Ernie,

I bought a Summit unsingle in January of this year. I shot it for about 1 week just like it came from the factory. It didn't "kick" at all for me. Todd Nelson (The Country Gentleman) came to town in February & fitted the gun to me. I now have about 8,000 shots thru the gun & it is absolutely all the gun I'll ever need. I absolutely love this gun & have complete confidence in it. I plan to add the o/u barrels soon. I believe it is the most gun for the money.

Michael was correct when he said the gun moves very fast. It took me a few times out to get used to how quick the gun gets to the target. My Bt-100 now fells like a 2 x 4 in comparison.

Jim Graham

7. ink ball

ink ball Member

My CG trap combo is a soft shooter for me, but it has everything to do with gun fit. I had a Beretta 682 Unsingle combo previously, and it kicked the crap out of me, while others find this gun to be a soft shooter. If the CG kicks you hard, it may not be the gun for you, unless you are prepared to have a custom stock made for it if you can't adjust it to fit.

8. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have a GC Trap combo and I have to say it one of the softest shooting gun I have shoot. I also have a Beretta 687 JE combo that my wife shoots. I would have to say for recoil they are very close. soft recoil. It my be the wat they fit.

9. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

I have shoot the GC for about a year, I let other people shoot it an they remark how little recoil it has. I can't really tell the differnce from a browing XT and the GC. I have notice my double scores going up, offen a size of less recoil for the second shot! aa,25.5,a

10. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

Thanks you all for the replies, and I hope it is a soft shooter, because I had the store lay a Summit Trap combo away for a few weeks until I can get there to pick it up. I really wanted the Magnus, but the next order from the distributor will not be filled until next March, and my money up front. I therefore decided on the 32/34 Matte barreled Summit. I noticed that the Trap combo stock has a thicker recoil pad than installed on their sporting models. I hope it isn't a sign of a heavy thumping gun. I have to agree with Inkball regarding the Beretta, as I too owned a 682X Trap and it just plain beat me up. Others that shot my gun said the same thing, took my loses and sold it at 3 months old...I'll pray (until I am able to shoot it)that the new Caesar will be the gun I have hoped for all along, but just could not afford to have one until now...Yours in shooting......Ernie

11. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Ernie ... you know you really want a Kolar ... just bite the bullet and buy one (HeeeHeeeHeee). Bill Malcolm

12. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

LOL, yea thanks Bill, just gotta keep reminding me of that pretty gun of yours don't cha!! You're right though, I would love the Kolar. Why did you ever let me shoot it? You're a bad man, maybe someday, as I keep moving up to the level of those Oxford gun club shooters, I just may be able to have one too!? Maybe a road trip to Shooters Choice then down to Waterford on Thursday eh Dannyboy??

13. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I will be on Pelee Island shooting pheasants on this Thursday. Next Thursday, November 6th, I plan to spend the afternoon at Waterford ... you can shoot the Kolar again, if you wish. Bill Malcolm

14. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

Good luck and have fun on Pelee Bill. Next week we will be chasing deer up near Wingham, but the Thursday after that, and being you're such a good fellow, I'll let cha try my Guerini out, thats if you like!!?? Ernie

15. Danny56

Danny56 TS Member

I suppose it's me (the little fat guy) That has to chase those Deer again...

16. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I have a 32/30 Summit Combo that would like a new home. PM me for details. A very nice gun, one year old and annual done at the Grand this year. Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.