1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caesar Guerini Top Single

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JD Jake, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JD Jake

JD Jake Member

I'm considering buying a CG Summit top single.

Anyone have one? How do you like it?

Is there anything you don't like about it?

How is the trigger?

Thanks,

JD

2. jasper01

jasper01 TS Member

I have had mine for about two months and really like the quality and handling of the gun.

3. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

I have a summit O/U, love it. 13K+ rounds, zero problems,

4. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

I had a Guerini O/U that I used for doubles. When the top single came out I ordered it. I found it to be a bit harder kicking than the O/U. My singles gun was a 10lb Kolar...very soft shooting. I had a RAD #2 installed, and now I love it. It points beautifully, and is now my primary singles gun. Some do not notice an increase in recoil at all. Overall I think it is a really great gun, and the company can't be beat for service. ALL VERY GOOD!

WNCRob

5. JD Jake

JD Jake Member

Jasper01 and WNCRob (and rhymeswithorange, thank you for your responses.

A few questions if you don't mind. Does the top single have any problem with the less expensive shells with steel bases? From pictures I've noticed a ridge that runs along the bottom of the barrel and the same thing along the top of the barrel, under the rib. I assume this is to add weight? How do you like that?

WNCRob, I take it you like your CG top single better than your Kolar for singles? How come? Do you know how much the CG top single weighs?

Thanks for your help.

JD

6. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

JD,

The Guerini handles steel-based shells flawlessly. No problem there. I shoot Gun Clubs all the time. NEVER had an extraction issue.

The rib under the barrel is, I presume, for weight and balance, to approximate that of the O/U barrel. For me, it is a non-issue.

With the RAD, I think it is just about 9.5 lbs.(PS, I've had a PFS on another gun, and, by comparison, I really like the performance, simplicity and quality of the RAD#2...also, super for doubles...takes just enough off the recoil without noticeable compression movement)

I loved the Kolar T/S, but I love the Guerini more...it points better for me, probably a weight and balance issue. Make no mistake, the Kolar is a premium gun and a great company. Personal preference.

WNCRob

7. chipking

chipking TS Member

I'm very pleased with mine. In conversations with Wes Lang when I first got a look at the topsingle and the unique counter weight system he said that the reason that they used the balance weight ribs top and bottom was so that the barrel response on firing was the same as the O/U. I have had zero ammo issues with any of my Guerini barrels. I have a little over 5 thousand rounds on my Top single barrel and a little 0ver 20 k on the entire combo with zero issues. Adjustments and rib height match exactly my o/u barrels so I only need one comb height no matter which set of barrels I use on the gun. That is a small thing but if you have ever shot a terrible round and then noticed that you forgot to add the 3 spacers to the comb when going from doubles (O/U) to singles you appreciate the 1 less thing to think about.

--- Chip King ---

8. JD Jake

JD Jake Member

WNCRob and Chip King,

Thank you for your responses. I appreciate it.

JD

9. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

Chipking I have the same system .. no kick in it now its a great gun with great service behind it ... no regrets and now my husband has one ... pretty neat his and hers... I'm also had them put in a release trigger again I can't say enough about the service Wes and John are the best!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

caesar guerini bottom barrel not firing

caesar guerini single for sale

caesar guirini summit trap top single

caesar top single

does ceasar guerini make a top barrel single shotgun

jd mar shooting

shooting top barrel first on a caesar guerini

used caesar guerini summit trap top single