1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caesar Guerini thoughts

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gordy h, Jul 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gordy h

gordy h Member

I'm thinging along the lines of a used Summit unsingle 34 " Are all there stocks off set? how do they hold up? any known problems? Whats the average
    price? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Butch H

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Butch: Jaquas has a good price on 2 used ones. 419-422-0912 give them a call.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

3. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

I, have Three Guerini's two combo's and one 34" unsingle. I really like the way they point and the quality and the value. I will sell the 34" single which pretty much as new for $3,400 which seems to be the fair street price. I also have several Perazzi's to compare my Guerini's against, I like the Guerini's dynamics best.

Surfer

4. citadel

citadel Active Member

Excellent guns. I have two and I find that they shoot exactly where I point them. If they miss it is operator error, not the gun. Excellent finish and overall quality. I also hVe an mx10 but I preferr the CG for handling.
    Doug

5. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have a Summit combo witha 34 unsingle. Nice gun. Point well. Well balance and no trouble att all. If I miss the target it not the gun it me.

6. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I have a NIB 32" unsingle,open warrenty,that I am considering selling. $3800. Have had to slow way down shooting. Age has buried me. Pics available if you are really serious. Tom. 406 821-3215

7. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

To answer your question, all their Trap stocks have cast. Right hand stocks have about 1/4" cast off and left hand stocks have about 1/4" cast on.

I think this is what you were asking when you said "offset". Offset is a different stock measurement where just the comb is moved one way or another. Cast is where the stock is actually not in line with the bore.

All the CG Trap stocks come with an adjustable comb and you can adjust it for offset.

8. gordy h

gordy h Member

Thanks , you are right I did mean cast. Thanks to all, sounds like everyone likes them. Butch H

9. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

At my club about 10 months ago, I was only one with a Guerini trap unsingle. Now there are about 12, and six of them were acquired about a month ago.

Make sure you shoot one before you buy. While they fit many out of the box, I have heard that it's not a fit for some.

10. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

Very good gun, the stocks are not neutral, they are set up for either left or right depending on what you specify. I bought the top single, have had it for just under 3 months now and have 1 class win and 1 overall handicap win. took me a little while to get it adjusted to where I look and now that it is set up it smokes targets.

Found the gun handles quick, had to move forearm hand further out to slow it down, recoils soft, pull trigger is very nice, smooth, crisp and light. Choke tubes pattern very well, a little tighter than marked, found myself using mod from the 16 with 1 1/8 loads and imp mod from handicap. clean and lube the tubes regularly, they are known to stick, if buying used make sure gun does not have stuck tube. Keeping them clean and lubed I have had no problem.

Only problem I have had in 3000 rounds is fore end screw loosening, dab blue locktite fixed that, in fairness to Guerini I have had to do that to every shotgun I have owned.

Very happy with the gun and I think I made the right decision when I got the gun.

[​IMG]

11. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

21K rounds thru mine since last April, zero problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.