1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caesar Guerini Summit Trap Combo questions??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bill Roberts, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

Thinking about buying one, I'm LH so that will have to addressed also
    I shoot a release trigger.
    I'm currently a Bt 100 guy. I have three of them.

Please hit me with all the pro's and con's

Thx Bill

2. chipking

chipking TS Member

Available in Left Hand, Factory triggers and release triggers are excellent (I shoot double release), handles smoothly, reliable, exceptional customer service and I could go on and on. The only con I found with both my CG Summit and Maxum trap combos was that the tru-oil finish wore thin on the combs from my face rubbing them after many thousand rounds. I had over 35 thousand trouble free rounds through my Summit when I sold it to a friend who is still using it with no problems at all. I have close to 40 thousand on the Maxum and it is still tight and smooth. I had one issue where the cap on the hammer spring guide backed off preventing the gun from cocking. I fixed it myself since I was in the middle of a multi-day shoot. During my last pit stop at CG I mentioned it to the gunsmith and he replaced both hammer spring assemblies and gave me the old ones for spares. COST $0.00 for the pitstop, hammer spring assemblies and one sear that the gunsmith did not like the wear pattern on. Would I buy CG again ABSOLUTELY in fact I have a Velocity XLR5 semi auto made by CG/Fabarms on it's way right now.

--- Chip King ---

3. Bill Roberts

4. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

I have had three Guerini's all left hand pull trigger Summit's, a sporting clays combo 20/28 ga, a 34" unsingle and 30/32 trap combo. I sold the 34" and shoot the combo for program shoots and the small ga.for clays. The trap combo has somewhere around 50,000 through it without missing a beat, in fact I'm sending the gun in for a pit stop and barrel selector install.

I also own Perazzi's and they are my baseline for other guns. In my opinion Guerini's are on par with Perazzi's in terms of shooting dynamics, fit and finish and overall quality. I'm right in line with Chip and also have a Fabarms XLR5 coming my way, Guerini are great products and a great company.

From my view I see no downside to Guerini, at this moment they're leading the parade and everyone else is following.

Surfer

5. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

Bill, I own 3 Guerini's and have been very happy with them, Summit trap has over 30k rounds thru it with no issues,other 2 less rounds with no issues. Also just bought a Velocity based on previous positive experience with Guerini.

Being a lefty is no problem Guerini left hand stocks are cast for a lefty. I don't shoot a release but there have been very few issues reported with their factory release triggers.

I like having the ribs adjustable on both sets of barrels, easy to set both barrels up exactly the same or different if you prefer. Also the trap models have the same rib height no matter what trap barrel you have on it, very consistent look down the rib no matter what barrel.

See if you can shoot one first, Guerini's web site lists several test centers and they are usually at the major shoots offering test firing and service, their web site has a calendar of shoots they will be at. If you try one I think you will like it.

JohnR

6. Bill Roberts

Thx guys good info.

Bill

7. Eric XT

Eric XT TS Member

I have a L/H Caesar Guerini Summit Trap combo and I'm very happy so far. The only thing I don't like is the finish on the wood. The finish on my comb is starting to ware and I only shot about 2,000 rounds. I will have it refinished this winter.

8. Daddy Cornbucks

Daddy Cornbucks TS Member

Bill,
    I have for sale a C. Guerini Challenger Grade 32-34 trap combo. This gun has only been test fired on pattern board. It has dbl. release triggers and a Wenig left hand American Trap stock (right hand factory stock is incuded). If you're interested give me a call at 270-831-3695.

9. Rodney1966

Rodney1966 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have the 34-32 Caesar Guerini Magnus Combo, love the gun and the best customer service I have ever had with any company. I read up top that the finish on the stock was wearing thin after thousands of rounds; I fixed this by buying the $35 finish kit that CG sells, and includes everything to keep it looking new. I have gotten more compliments on this gun than with any gun I have ever owned, and can shoot longer without feeling like I get beaten up, and I shoot some pretty heavy rounds. Soft shooter! For the money spent there is not a better gun on the market. I just bought the CG Magnus sporting to add to the collection for my skeet, and sporting clays moments, and can’t wait to get it this week.

Rodney Erkson

10. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

If you can handle a very fast release trigger you will be ok ... but if not have someone else do your trigger ... I have a Summit Combo the gun is great ... except I asked them to tune my Double Release that they installed ... I wanted it slowed down ... contacted them and ask it they could do the work ... told me yes ... so I sent the gun in ... came back totally screwed up ... sent it back ... came back the same ... to make a long story short ... found out they don't have a clue about tuning triggers ... they can install the parts but that's it ... had to send it to another gunsmith to do it right ... finally got the work done correctly ... after a lot of time and grief

11. lboh

lboh Member

Had my first 50 straight with mine on it's outing.

It's a target crushing beast and will be really really good when I get it fine tuned to me. Still learning the gun and impressed so far.

12. chrisg

chrisg Member

I have a CG Summit unsingle that I recently purchased. Gun is like brand new but it has a right hand stock and I shoot left handed. If anyone has an as new left hand stock with adj. comb they are willing to trade for my right hander let me know.
    thanks,
    Chris G. nuthinbutdust*at*yahoo.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cg summit barrel selector