1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caesar Guerini Summit Sporting Sub-Gauge

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeeljc, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Does anyone own a Caesar Guerini Summit Sporting in 20, 28 or .410 gauge?

I am considering one in .410 gauge with a 32" barrel for Skeet and Sporting Clays.

If you have one I am very interested in your opinion of the gun.

Jim Skeel

2. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I had a 20/28/410 gauge set with 32" barrels in the Maxum grade and they were OK. Guerini stocks just don't fit me, not enough drop.... Should have kept the K-20 set up or the MX8-20/28 set. Gave up and went back to shooting Briley tubes in my 12 ga.

3. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

I have a 20/28 X 32" Summit grade. I had the stocks switched form a flat to a round knob as I like the looks of a round knob. The stock was to low and I had an adjustable comb installed. I love the gun, it's a great pointer, well made and a kick to shoot. I also have two Summit grade trap guns which have proved to be very good buys. They are quality and offer a lot of value when comapared to others in the market-place.

Surfer

4. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

claybrdr: I am shooting a Browning 425 with Briley tubes now. I had to have the stock bent for more drop. I was hoping the Guerini would have more drop than the Brownings.

Does anyone know if the 20, 28 and .410 barrels will interchange?

Jim Skeel

5. rustygun

rustygun Member

Jim,
    I have a 20 gun and a 28/410 combo, all 32" the barrels will interchange, but unless bought as a combo may need some fitting. the 28/410 will work on the 20 frame but the 20 doesn't work quite right on the combo frame. Love the guns 28 is pretty fun with doves.

6. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I bought the 32" 410 barrels after buying the 20/28 combo. At the time, 32" 410 barrels were not available. Had to send receiver back to Guerini to have them fitted.

The Browning 425s that I have handled had more drop from the factory than my Guerini.

7. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

I have the 32" 20/28 gauge gun - Summit Limited.

It is the best pointing/handling shotgun I own when wearing the 28 gauge barrels. Everyone who picks it up thinks so as well.

I have turned in some of my best sporting clays scores with it, and it serves me well when I shoot skeet too. Loaned it to a skeet shooting friend and he shot his first 100 straight with it from the first pull of the trigger (had to fight with him to get the gun back...).

8. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Jim, There was a guy at our club that had all of the CG'S. He only came out on Saturdays in the winter to shoot skeet, but you did not want to shoot against him. He had no problems and loved those guns. Bill

9. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Jim, I have a 20 gauge frame with 20, 28, and .410 barrels. All the barrels are 32". It is a great combo.
    I shoot sub gauge sporting and doves with mine. For the money, hard to beat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

c g sub gauge combos

caesar guerini briley tubes

caesar guerini drop in tube sets

caesar guerini sub gauge combos

caesar guerini sub gauge reviews

caesar guerini summit sporting video

cesar guerini sub gauge combo for sale

guerini summit sporting 20