Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesar Guerini Summit or Blaser F3 Supertrap???

15K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  smsnyder 
#1 ·
Any ideas on what to choose? Besides the 3000 price difference, what are the pros and cons to each one?

#6 ·
I have been in the market for one of these guns for over a year.. I have shouldered ever gun I could get my hands on.. my daughter shoots a Perazzi mx8 its a nice gun..but.. honestly I have never heard anything but good stuff about a caesar guerini... for the money they cant be beat.. I bought a new Summit last week, shot a 23 right out of the box on the first try.. it fits like a glove, and has more adjustment than you can imagine! the guerini is about the only gun I havent shouldered since my quest began... there are just none around here...

#7 ·
I owned a CG Magnus combo and thought it was a great gun for the money and you will not find better factory support period. I sold mine and purchased a Kolar Max T/A and of coarse the Blaser or the CG are not in the same game. I have only shouldered one Blaser and the rib on the Unsingle was mounted crooked from the factory so that did not set well with me. I am sure they are a good gun. If it were me in your spot I would buy the CG summit combo and have a gun that will do everything you will ever need and will have a lifetime warranty. I know several people that shoot the CG and like the heck out of them, not to mention they also shoot them good.
With all this said, the gun needs to fit you and not all us forum members.
Good luck with your choice and keep us posted.

#8 ·
I just went thru this recently and after looking and trying several guns in my price range decided on a Summit top single. I have had it since the end of April and would guess I have put 3k to 5k rounds thru it. At this point I am very happy with my purchase. I have shot 3 ATA shoots since I got the gun and have won my class or yardage group every shoot with 1 caps win and 1 tie this past weekend that I lost the shoot off which was my first shoot off.

As far as likes and dislikes, gun has very good balance, handles smoothly and fast, had to slow it down by moving my fore end hand further out, pull trigger is very good, also adjustable, comb hardware is excellent, rib easy to adjust and stays locked down, supplied chokes pattern very well,a little on the tight side. Overall fit and finish is excellent with gun still tight,has a very precise feel to it.

Dislikes, none really. You do have to maintain the chokes, take them out after shooting and clean and lube or you may end up with a stuck choke,I have had no problem. I did have 1 fore end screw loosen, put a dab of locktite and no more problem, have had to do that with other guns also.

This is my second Guerini, my first is a sporting gun that I also shoot very well and has had no issues, I like these guns so much that I am considering trading in my Beretta Etchen combo for a Summit Impact to use as a sporting and doubles gun.

Don't think you can go wrong with either gun, the new Blaser is getting some very good reviews. For me the Guerini was the right choice.

Johnr

Book Novel Label Fiction Publication

#9 ·
I would take the CG and put the $3000 towards a bunch of ammo to enjoy the CG with. In fact I would buy the Caesar Guerini even if the guns were the same price.

I have not seen any of the many CG's that I shoot with and against have a breakdown period. I can't say the same for the 1 F3 that I have personal knowledge of. In a years use for doubles only it has 1.locked shut when fired with factory ammo 2. lost a screw 3. had the triggers fail to function 4 had 2 stocks crack.

Maybe I know the guy who owns the only screwed up F3 made and all the CG owners I know bought the only good CG's made but I kinda doubt it.

--- Chip King ---

#15 ·
Big difference between Ceasar Guerini and Blaser Super Trap. Guerini rib is 1/4 inch taller and the rib 1/8 inch smaller in weigth than the Blaser. The Guerini has hammers not firing pins like the Blaser. Straight inline firing pins are faster. The Guerini has a skinney grip vs a medium grip on he Blaser. The Blaser has a palm swell different type of stock design. Blaser also has a weight system for both barrels and stock that is second to none. Since Blaser is a German made quality it will hold its value better than a guerini. Nothing wrong with a Guerini. I owned one and liked it. Just had to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.