1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caesar Guerini service

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by emm2, Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emm2

emm2 Member

I have to ask this question. Are Caesar Guerini shotguns the biggest POS in the world? All the owners of them speak of is how great the service is. I shoot Beretta and have no idea what the service is like, I have not needed it. Same with Perazzi and Krieghoff. I just think it's funny when someone asks about their quality everyone talks service not quality. And yes I did own a Summit sporting for 3 months until the tinaloy finish started falling off and Yes Guerini service took care of it and I then traded it off.

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

We've got at least 6 guys at our club that shoot CG's every week and none of them has had any problems. Are they equal to a K or P gun? Don't know. It will take a few more years for the CG's durability to be proven.

3. dimapower

dimapower Member

Would be curious to know the percentage of guns out there that have had issues requiring service - and compare with other companies. It's possibe that the CG people speak up mainly because they received exceptional service, so we hear about them more frequently.

With that said, I had a Magnus combo for a short time - had to send it in for ejector timing issues. Service was great; however, I'm not shooting the gun now. I like my MX2000 better.

4. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

My brother has a Magnus and service has been terrible. Tried to repair a cracked stock. Three weeks to convince them to put new wood on a gun that only had 1000 rounds through it. when gun came back workmanship was sub-par at best. Gun is going back, but the inconvience isn't worth it. We live two hours from the factory and went down to pick out my brothers wood. When the new wood came back all I could think was that someone was missing a fencepost. Very dissapointed in the service and feel bad for my brother who's been without his gun for three weeks and has to be without it longer. Hope that John Skinner makes good on his promise to make good on it or else my brothers posts will be more frequent and a lot nastier.

5. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

Service in CG's case can mean sending it in for a fee tune up three times, not cause something is wrong with it.

6. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

And you better hope your Beretta doesn't need anything, I've never heard much positive about Accokeek.

7. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

When Guerini owners talk of service they are not talking about problems with the guns. In most cases they are talking about having a company there when you want updates such as a release trigger or getting your stock cut to fit you or another barrel added or the free check up service they offer. They are also talking about just being able to get a question answered, when you call Guerini you get a person on the phone and if they don't know the answer they will find some one that does.

My own experience comes from driving down and having them check out a used Maxum for me, while I was waiting the owner of the company,Wes Lang came out and introduced himself, they seemed genuinely pleased to have a new customer even if I did buy the gun used. By the way Guerini's lifetime warranty transfers with the gun, what other manufacturer does that for a used gun purchaser.

I like the Maxum Sporting so much I am saving the bucks to give a Guerini top single a try.

John R

8. Newfoundlander

Newfoundlander Member

In less than a week I expect to receive my new Magnus Combo...

I can not comment on the quality of the wood or the workings of the set , but it shouldn't take too long for the love affair to take place...

I call it as I see it and will let everyone here know what I think once I use it a while...

We don't have much here in Newfoundland to choose from when it comes to the big guns..

I havn't seen a K gun yet , and only has seen 2 P guns in my lifetime...

One Kolar is located here which I think is a nice item...

Majority of guns used here is Brown.-Rem.-Beretta and the such..

I know of only one other CG gun owner here and the guy who owns it is doing well with it and just loves the performace..

Give me a couple weeks and I will be able to give a full report card to what I think of Ceasar guns with no holes barred...

Robert Appleby
    ( Newfoundlander )

9. guerini

guerini TS Member

I've had mine for just over 2 years now and 50,000 rds., never had the first problem with this gun, CG magnus unsingle combo, it's been to service 3 times, first time to add the O/U, second time was their yearly free service, third was another yearly service.

I will also add Jon, at CG USA is great to deal with, he always had my gun back to me in time to make it to the next shoot....

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

They must be doing something right. They can't make the Impacts fast enough. Been looking for 2 months and can't find one to save my a$$.

11. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Got a Maxum Combo coming as soon as I pay it off.............I can't wait !!!!!!! D.P.Reynolds

12. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

I just had service at CG. Replaced recoil pad, installed recoil reducer, put more offset on comb, added release trigger. Outstanding work.

13. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Free servise also means you send it in once a year for a free "pit stop" cleaning, springs, whatever.

I have about 15,ooo trouble free rounds, Not for sale.

14. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Setterman, I have saved your a$$ here is a brand spanking new one..
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=162348875

15. 257 ackley

257 ackley Member

I've had my summit trap for 15 month and it has over 16,000 rounds thru it...No issues... I just had a Top-Single barrel fitted and the first Pit-Stop, which they turned it around in 4 working day (gone 10 including shipping)....That Service....

I shot a DT 10 Beretta Comb for 2 years before my CG. I ordered it and when I received it, it didn't have front beads or mid beads (This was both barrels).....The hole weren't even drill. How did this get out of the factory? I sent it in to get repaired, it took 7 weeks to get it back. I missed 3 shots...

I have 2 friends that shot K-guns....Both of them have been sent back for new firing pins and 1 had the bluing come off his barrel....

I'll keep my CG....

Shawn

16. Mohave60

Mohave60 Member

I like my CG Summit Trap Double. Mine was the 2nd CG at our club Lake Havasu Sportsman Club. Now there are 5..... No complaints here.

17. MAL-53

MAL-53 Member

Just bought a "previously enjoyed" Summit Trap Unsingle,had it sent to CG for a release, took `bout 10 days down & back not bad.
    Shot it last nite for the first time,under the lites. got a lot of compliments on the looks and the rib, just have to finish dialing it in, so far so good will keep you posted.(man, its a blaster with the lite full tube,@ 16yds. gonna try the IM tube next.can`t wait. will keep you all posted
    Breakemall ML.

18. emm2

emm2 Member

See guys this is what I'm talking about, you Guerini owners are so defensive of your guns that you start dogging Perazzis and Krieghoffs. Guerini will NEVER be the quality of a Krieghoff but you think it is. You make fun of 682's and Beretta service but you have no idea yet if your Guerini will hold up like a 682 let alone a DT10. Maybe Beretta service sucks I don't know I haven't needed it but Coles is good and reasonable for tune ups. Of all the guns I own the only one that ever had warranty work was a Guerini so yup I know what the service is like but I'm not impressed with the summit finish.

19. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

Who dogged Kreighoffs and Perazzis on this thread? Who said CG was better than one of them?

20. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Emm2,

You seem like you have a real axe to grind with CG? I shot a 682 for a few years and had nothing but trouble. The barrels on the OU shot so different from top to bottom I could not shoot good scores in the doubles event.

The CG handles and points much better, better trigger, fully adjustable rib and comb, the high rib works very well for me. all three barrels shoot the same poi. Recoil is much softer.

You seem to get a kick out of bashing a company that's worked hard to provide a gun with all the options at a more affordable price.

Is it a K-gun? maybe not...but I sure beat a fair amount of them in shootoffs last year.
    The K-gun[Trap specail} cost $18,000 I could have bought {3} Summit combos for the same price.{ I hope I can afford to wear (1] out with todays shell prices}.

{I think deep down you really want one.}

Don't send your B-gun to the factory if you want it back in the same season. {all guns can break }.

I am not being defensive about CG I'm just sharing my pleasure of finding a gun that works, handles, looks good and most of all shoots great.

Shannon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

my cesar guerrini is double firing bothbarrels