1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caesar guerini release trigger?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by goosecall, Jun 19, 2013.

1. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

My caesar guerini release trigger settings are bottom 4 1/4 lbs (68 oz)set, 32 oz release. Top barrel 4 1/2 lbs (72 oz )set, 34 oz release.
    When shooting seems a little to fast, or should I learn to use these settings? Have not called factory. If I call factory what gunsmith should I ask for. 10tenner

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I went to a very fast release and it improved my shooting. Now I can't shoot
    a gun with a slower release. I'd try it for a while and get used to it. I think
    you're lucky to have it.

3. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

Brian Palmer is the man...... At CG...

4. scdoug

scdoug Member

The service people at CG can put in the parts to change your gun to a Release Trigger ... but they know nothing about tuning a Release Trigger ... I went through a nightmare with them after they told me they could do the work ... they had my gun messed up to the point where I couldn't shoot it ... I finally sent it to Gary Roman ... he fixed their screw up and tuned the Trigger the way I wanted ... I have two CG guns and I like them both ... but it if you want custom work deal with people who know what they are doing

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I just had a release installed today at Caesar Guerini by Caleb and he does not know how to set, the set and release ppoints mine is 56oz set and 16Oz release on top Bbl and 56 oz set and 16oz release on the bottom Bbl the proper readings is Release is 50% of the set, in other words 56oz and 28oz release.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

My CG release comes in at 64 set, 32 release. Very, very smooth.
    Mike C.

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

releases are for sissies....shoot a pull trigger..3dram Super Handicaps and a 5lb gun ;) ..that'll put some hair on your chests....I'll be awaiting my hate mail..hehehe

8. Dr.Longshot

When I called CG in Md they told me Brian Palmer would be there all week, I was there first thing Tuesday Morning and there is nobody there, Well I called CG in Md and she told me they had the dates wrong, and shop there was busy and Brian Palmer was not coming but Caleb was coming, I thgen asked her if he was proficient in installing release triggers? and she said yes, well I found out differently, well he got there Thursday Dropped off the gun he got it finished at 4:45 which was Ok as they got busy, a few other customers came in and said I was here Tuesday and you were closed, he said you spend the money for this building and it being the 2nd largest shoot in the USA and you miss 2 days of the shoot.

Brian Palmer is the Release trigger Man at CG and he has good customer relations

I do not like the trigger the way it is set, will wait for Brian Palmer at another shoot to have him set it up for me, Brian has installed releases for me
    on 5 other CGs and they were always right on.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

9. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

Gary, what are there normal settings, or can you give me average of the settings of your 5 previous guns? Can Brain Palmer set releases to what a person likes them set to? 10tenner

10. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

I had Phillip's Gunsmithing install the release trigger in my Guerini. I shot it for a while and it was a tad too fast for my taste. I hooked up with Phillip at the Cardinal Center last year and he tuned it perfectly based on the discussion we had about my likes and dislikes. He is an artist!

Like others above, I also have a lot of faith in Brian Palmer to facilitate any adjustment or repair required.

Doc

11. Dr.Longshot

10Tenner I like a set at 56oz and release at 28, the release should be 1/2 the set I will like a 60/30 that's close enough I was in a hurry and took the gun never had it checked it is going back Sunday. Brian Palmer is the only CG gunsmith that knows what he is doing on release installs.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

12. Dr.Longshot

10Tenner a 3 1/2 lb set and 1 3/4 lb release which equals 56 oz set and 28 oz release, I carry a trigger pull gauge in my gun case.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

13. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

I called and Andrew told me that when they set them they are set no fine tuning. I wanted to to talk to Brain, but was refereed to Andrew. When I asked for Brain, the lady asked who is calling. Seems like you can not get a specific person, just next gunsmith available. I am little disappointed right now. Also, when I tighten down my stock, my bottom barrel has a double set, first set is the normal click, but to set the trigger is goes of my trigger scale, approx. 9 lbs. If I back of the bolt approx. 1 1/2 turns. the trigger sets normal. Bolt came loose and so did stock grip (PFS) I ground all the areas with dremel tool for clearance. Was told by Andrew that the back block may be loose. I put some lock tite on stock bolt, hoping it will not loosen. Looks like I will need to send the gun to another release trigger gunsmith. 10tenner

14. scdoug

scdoug Member

Do a Google find for Gary Roman in Kentucky ... I sent my Caesar Guerini screw up to him on the advice of a friend who had used him to tune his trigger ... Gary repaired the mess that the CG gunsmith did to my gun ... when they were suppose to be tuning the double release they installed ... I sent the gun for tuning after I called the head gunsmith to find out if they could do the work ... told him exactly what I wanted done ... he said they could do it ...it came back a mess ... sent it back after talking to him with my gun in his hands while I was talking to him ... came back same way ... Gary fixed it for less money then they charged to screw it up ... CG can put in the parts that come to them to change the trigger to a release ... just as a auto tech can change a water pump ... they are parts changers they don't have people with the proper knowledge to tune triggers

15. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

"Gary fixed it for less money then they charged to screw it up ... CG can put in the parts that come to them to change the trigger to a release ... just as a auto tech can change a water pump ... they are parts changers they don't have people with the proper knowledge to tune triggers"

I had response that Phillip's Gunsmithing fixed a to fast CG for him.

scdoug PM sent!!!! 10Tenner

Search tags for this page

caesar guerini release trigger

caesar guerini summit change release to pull trigger

caesar guerini trap gun with release trigger

caesar guerini trigger

caesar gurinir release triggers

how to ajust caesar guerini adjusted trigger