1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caesar Guerini Release Trigger Problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dglong, Oct 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dglong

dglong Member

I just had release triggers installed on a 12 gauge Maxum sporting. The problem is it is not consistently setting the trigger for the second shot about 2 or 3 times at a minumim per 100 shots the trigger doesnt reset for the second shot. my load is 16.5 grains claydot and waa12sl wad 1 oz. of shot in a remington hull. I shoot sporting clays mostly and it is getting pretty frustrating. I have sent the gun back to Guerini twice since they installed the releases and it still doing it. I shot 150 rounds today of new 3 dram 1 oz. kemens today and I had no problems but surely I dont have to shoot that heavy of a load to make the triggers work. Any help would be appreciated if anybody else has had this problem. I fired this same load through this gun about 15,000 to 20,000 rounds with pull triggers and never had this happen once. guerini has been very attentive and helpful but hasnt been able to fix it yet.

2. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

Try using 17.0 grns of Clay Dot.

I shoot pull triggers however my CG Magnus Trap 34"/32" O/U will fail occasionally with 1 oz loads using the load you are using. When I went to 17.0 grns the problem went away.

I shoot 1 oz loads on the first shot of doubles and 1 1/8 oz on the second shot using 17.0 grns of Clay Dot. The only item I change between reloading 1 oz and 1 1/8 oz loads is the shot bushing and the wad. I'm getting 1170 fps over my ProChrono chronograph with the 1 1/8 oz load - never checked the 1 oz load.

Michael Stephenson
    AA-26-AA

3. dglong

dglong Member

It just doesnt make sense that I could shoot this load in this gun before I had them install the release triggers. Thanks

4. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

dglong,

I'm assuming this gun has inertia triggers as opposed to mechanical triggers. If so, it sounds like the inertia block or its spring may need some adjustment.

Or, possibly you are releasing the trigger in such a way that you actually push the gun away from your shoulder. On a soft load such as this, this could cause the inertia block to not switch to the other barrel.

I suggest that you let some other release trigger shooter try the gun and see if he has the same problem with it. If not, then you need to modify your shooting style, in particular, the firmness with which you hold the gun when you release the trigger. Keep the gun tight against your shoulder and don't cushion the recoil with your hands.

Good luck. Hope you get it resolved.

Easystreet

5. fly

fly Active Member

Let someone else shoot the gun to see if it's you or the gun. It does sound like the inertia block needs adjusting. Have them adjust it as if you have a 410 tube set.

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

It does sound a lot like what Easystreet is suggesting. It's a common tendency
    for a release shooter to uncoil not only the trigger finger to release the trigger but to open the other fingers as well.

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Have CG switch the release triggers to Mechanical triggers, or install a lighter inertia spring, My double release triggers on my CG that the factory installed seem to be mechanical, I don't have to bump the stock when dry firing w/ empties.

Gary Bryant CG Double release shooter
    Dr.longshot

8. dglong

dglong Member

The last time I sent the gun back to Guerini for this problem they said they put a heavier spring on the inertia block. I am no gunsmith but it seems to me that it would take more recoil if the spring is heavier to operate it and I would need a lighter spring. They also told me they don't have any mechanical conversion or even a really light fix such as you would use for .410 load and tubes.

9. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

you know shooting a shell that the gun was designed for would be the way to go, you won't be able to shoot loads that light at the Grand.

10. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

DGLONG: Call Caesar Guerini @ 410-901-1131 or better yet call 727-820-3433 and talk to Mr Smith their rep and tell him what they did about the inertia spring, it should have been a lighter spring to actuate the 2nd Bbl to fire.
    Mine has or it works like a Mechanical Trigger.

Wes Lang is another contact person who will bend over backwords to help you and he is a Sporting Clay Shooter and is the Main Man @CG tell them I asked you to call them.

The guy that is over their Repair Dept has a lot to be desired, I have had to side step him numerous times.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.