1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caesar Guerini Pit Stop Goes Bad at Indiana

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by XXPowder, Jul 15, 2013.

1. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

I had been having problems with my release trigger not setting for the second shot of Doubles, the problem had disappeared as of late, but I thought the Indiana Shoot was a good place to have it checked. I took it to Caesar Guerini Trailer, and the gun smith said he couldn't fine any thing, wrong. I took it back and the next day tried to shoot singles, I shot a 49/50 on the firs 50, but on the second 50, I was unable to keep it from going off, after about three targets, I had to with draw after since I hit only 3 of the next 25 targets, I took it back to Caesar Guerini and was told the trigger was lose, the gun smith said he fixed it, I returned back to the line for the second 100, after hitting the first 15, the trigger was uncontrollable again going off when ever the gun was moved, I thought maybe the problem was me. I when out an shot doubles, and had problems on the first shot, missing about 8 first birds, that about as many I miss all this year. I then decide to have my friend watch me to see if I was setting off the trigger, I hit the first ten targets, only to have the problem happen again, I missed 4 out of the next five targets, switched to another gun with a release, and ran the next 15, then hit 24 out of the next 25. I had the release and never had these types of problem over the last three years, I find it odd that this started after the gun smith from Caesar Guerini worked on it, It had work so well up until that time! I would have to say that the gun smith messed up the gun, destroyed my average, and ruined my Indiana State Shoot. I have no Idea what he changed, but it really caused a big mess and it still isn't fixed. Has anyone else had troubles with their release from Caesar Guerini?

2. APrice

APrice Active Member

Was it a CG release or someone else's?

Don't you have a back up gun?

3. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

Yes it was a Caesar Guerini trigger, and I wasn't traveling with a back up gun, I sold my other matching Guerini since it didn't have a release and the over and under barrel didn't fit both. I just have them fixed when they break at a major shoot, never really needed a back up in twelve year.

4. bigeoj

bigeoj Member

Shooter glasses 1001, We know the trigger is a CG but what APrice was asking is who did the releases, ie. CG or someone like Allem. Hope you get it figured out but the first place to start is with whose releases are in the gun. Joe

5. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Probably a good lesson learned would be to test your gun on the practice trap after having any kind of service. Clearly waiting to find out in the registered shoot had some unfortunate consequences.

You may have also had time to resolve the situation before the shoot was over if it were discovered earlier. Sorry you had to find out the hard way.

6. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Unfortunately there are not a lot of gunsmith's that are good release trigger smith's.

If your really wanting to keep it, I would send it to Phil's Gun smithing.

7. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

You had previous problems and took it to the CG trailer at the Indiana State shoot, he worked on it, still having problems afterwards and then you state you never had the problem before the CG smith worked on it ?? What am I missing here??

""I had been having problems with my release trigger not setting for the second shot of Doubles, the problem had disappeared as of late, but I thought the Indiana Shoot was a good place to have it checked.""

"" I find it odd that this started after the gun smith from Caesar Guerini worked on it, It had work so well up until that time! I would have to say that the gun smith messed up the gun, destroyed my average, and ruined my Indiana State Shoot. I have no Idea what he changed, but it really caused a big mess and it still isn't fixed. Has anyone else had troubles with their""

I do hope you get it fixed soon.

8. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

ShooterGlasses1001: Who was the gunsmith in the CG trailer that fixed it, I have always had Brian Palmer work on mine, and he is their top gunsmith that knows what he is doing, If it was Gabe or Cabe the gunsmith with the full beard
    he is not very good on fixing or installing Release triggers, I know Cabe the guy w/full beard installed mine at Ohio State Shoot, it is not correct set is 56ozs which is good, but the release is just under 16 ozs or 3 1/2lb x 1 lb.

He needs to learn how to work on CG guns.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

9. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

I think it was Brian, I think that maybe a part of the problem, he didn't spend much time on it. He should of measured the setting and set it to spec. My friend knows a lot about releases triggers and he was amazed how little time he spent on it. He spent most of the time clicking the trigger, and the second time he spent all of 30 sec. When someone has to come back, you should make a little more effort. I know release triggers aren't easy to work on, now I have to send my gun back to them. I'm just pissed that it went on the whole shoot, and I can't even use my gun now. CG put in the trigger, and in answer to the guy above, I consider the trigger not setting for the second shot of double as a different problem, and it wasn't doing it the last month or so. I just thought it should be checked.

10. Dr.Longshot

It must be an inertia block problem, of not clearing the first hammer sear to make the 2nd hammer sear.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

11. Dr.Longshot

Correction on the name of the gunsmith that worked on my CG it was Caleb, who worked on it not Gabe. Brian I hope it was not you in Indiana that worked on his gun.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

12. Desert Hiker

Desert Hiker Member

I'd call CG and talk with someone. I have two CG's and I have found that the people at CG are very interested in solving ones problem. Ron

13. GR Eubanks

GR Eubanks Active Member

Now that is funny MXIA HaHaHa

14. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

I talked to CG gunsmith, Andrew last week. I asked can you fine tune the my release triggers, he told me they just install them no fine tuning. My triggers will not be adjusted by CG until I hear different. I am reading to many botched release trigger jobs. 10Tenner

15. Dr.Longshot

Shooterglasses1001: Caresar Guerini is going to contact you about the problem with your gun, I just talked to them today, and are going to contact you by PM on this post.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

16. GW22

GW22 Active Member

The lesson here is simple -- Buy a name brand shotgun if you want to shoot trap. Many Blaser owners learned the same lesson with those ridiculous early F3s.

-Gary

17. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Where do you guy's get off!!! most gun manufacturers won't and will never offer anything except a production trigger, take it or leave it. If you want any trigger modifications you're on your own. It wasn't that long ago only a few guy's could do a decent release while there were a number botched jobs floating around which no one seems to remember.

Guerini has found the hard way there's too many variables with release customers everyone wants a different set and release. Frankly I'm surprised they offer this option, but when you're trying to be a total systems supplier you're bound stub your toe here and there.

Give credit to Guerini for steping up and bringing fully featured guns to market, features the shooting public said they wanted in a target gun.

You guy's prove time and again you're a buch of old negative grumps who can't do anything except bitch and moan about everything.................

Surfer

18. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Good post Surfer.

19. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

No. Release triggers are not rocket science. But one size fits all is not a prescription for shooter success.

There are essentially two types of release shooters. a large segment is a group that can get into the lead zone and ride the target slightly. then others shoot going thru the target. the latter group usually will need a trigger that compliments their style. That is one of the reasons Allem is 45 days out in building releases for individual needs. Has very little to do with "grumpy old men"

20. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

well ljutic, seitz and kolar all offer release triggers form the factory and are able to fine tune them. Now maybe you pay a little more of those guns but they stand behind them and my kolar trigger works great right out of the box. The gun smith worked on it for about 10 minutes at cardinal and it is exactly the set and release presure that i wanted. I think the cole also did release's along with afferman and bowen direct from the factoy. motordoc

Search tags for this page

caesar guerini pit stop

caesar guerini pit stops