1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caesar Guerini Owners

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tuscarora 99, Jun 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Hello guerini owners. I was wondering how everyone who has shot or owned a guerini liked them or disliked them. I'm talking the trap models not the sporting or field models. I am seriously considering buying one so all the help I can get is appreciated. Thanks everyone. Sincerely, Osker Reynolds.

2. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

I just bought a 34" SUMMIT TRAP Unsingle and am extremely satisfied. I;d used a 34# Summit sporting for trap and realized I'd need a trap model once i started shooting at 23+. Like the sporting version, it's lighter, well balanced to my liking and had less recoil than my other SGs. If you like nose heavy and heavy guns, you'll have to add weight.

Rudy

3. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

I agree with Rudy. these are light guns. too light for my taste but none-the-less very well put together guns for the very reasonable price. great customer service and warranties. My only complaint is that they do not shoot as high as the factory claims they do. with the rib set at its lowest in the front, C.G. claimed that there guns would shoot 120% out of the box. The gun I has would only go about 90/10 with the rib set all the way down in the front and the comb as high as it would go. hope I could help. aj ansley

4. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

Love my CG Summit O/U. Came with a nicer piece of wood than they show in the ads. Fit and finish is top notch. Shoots soft. Custmer service is top notch. Check out Bob Schultz at Targetshotguns.com for price and great service. Ignore the stupid CG Blowing Up thread.

5. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have a Summit Trap Combo for over a year. No problems at all. It a soft shooter nice balance and alot of adjustment if needed.
    I think the Caesar Guerini is a very good gun for the money. You can spend more but won't find a better gun. The customer service is #1, Life time warranty and 3 free pit stops put this gun as mt favorite.
    I like the Trap gun so much I went out and got a 12ga and 20ga CG Magnus sporting guns.

6. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Go for it Osker, I'll enjoy seeing you smoke them old coots at Tuscarora. Bust 'em all ....your pal....(whitefeather) mike

7. OSH

OSH TS Member

Check out the Blazer combo, totally adjustable, 10yr unlimited warranty, serviced here in the states.
    Love mine.
    OSH

8. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

Blaser combo is more than 2X as much as a Summit.

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Had my summit combo for a week. I really like the balance and the way it points. I don't think it is too light and weight is easy to add if needed. It fits better than any non custom I've owned.

It shoots much higher than i can, I only have the front down a few notches at 70% high and it will go down five more.

Got into a shootoff yesterday at our local team shoot and placed runner up after 3 rounds. So far so good.

10. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Tuscarora: It would be the best invewstment you ever made, it is one of the finest shotguns built today, and you don't have to pay $14,000 to get the
    style of gun the Kreighoff K-80 Special are getting.

I have shot mine very, very well and personal contact with Wes Lang who is an excellent Sporting Clays Shooter who talks to his customers, and a service department that if needed is the best around, They have a factory release trigger that is the best if one is needed.

It shoots where the owners manual says it does, it shoots 115% High at highest position, I know mine shot a little higher than that as I did a lot of patterning at the various settings at 42 paces, my full choke tube produced 19 inch patterns, at 42 paces, very round, and even shot distribution.

Simply the best gun for the money on the market today.

I have owned them all and can speak first hand. A KX-5 is lucky to shoot 90%
    at highest setting.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

11. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Remember this: 90% of shooters shoot a gun that shoots too low for them. Over time as your shooting skill develops you will need a gun that shoots higher, once you get the sight picture you like stay with it and never change it, just adjust the adjustable rib to give you target smoking hits, and adjusting your comb to your sight picture.

Gun fit is the most important thing in shooting good scores.

When buying a gun check the offset of the stock, personally I need 1/2 inch
    of right hand offset and most factory stocks don't have that much. And i shoot
    a high comb 1 1/8 inch, most factory have 1 1/2 inch combs, and I have to have longer pins made.

The Caesar Guerini comb has enough adjustment.

My sight picture for over 40 years is looking flat down the rib and a pattern of 100% above the Bbl. It started out 60/40 then 70/30 then 80/20 and now 100% plus.

Old age is now creeping in and lower finances due to retirement has cut way into my registered shooting.

I shoot buddy shoots mainly now as I can almost shoot for nothing with the wins.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

12. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

Had 2 Summit Sporting. 12/32" too heavy for my tastes,30" much better. 20/32" was great,would even like to see that in a 34" Buddy bought both out from under me,then went & bought a high rib Magnus O/U. Great service,decent guns for the money,more than a 682 but the quality diff. ='s the $$ diff.
    Have a 32" unsingle,NIB. Doing too well with my TM1/TMX to try it. Will sell for $4000 delivered to your dealer. Everything is there. Pics for serious buyer. Write to above or PM

13. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Thanks for the replys everyone they are helpful.

14. sledski

sledski Member

I truly love my Summitt Unsingle. I was very fortunate in the the fact that I was given a demo gun to try for a period of approximately two months. Keep in mind I had shot a Beretta 682 combo for most of my adult life. I took the gun out of the case and the only adjustments I made was to remove the full choke tube and replace with the improved modified, no other adjustments were made to the comb or rib. After completing a 200 bird registered event I made a call to the agent in my area for Guerini and told him that the gun had a problem. He was not sure how to reply but finally asked what was wrong and I proceeded to tell him that the gun had a miss in it. After a pause of silence he asked what I meant by "a miss in it" and I told him that I shot a 199 out of 200. I also told him that he was not getting the gun back under no circumstances. I ended up in a shoot off and the Guerini did not let me down, I ran another 50 straight to win the shoot off. Now my Beretta 682 is pretty lonely and my Guerini is getting a lot of attention at the shoots. I love everything a out the gun and would not trade it for anything except maybe for the new Axiom. I don't think you will ever regret purchasing a
    Guerini I just wish I had several more.

15. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

A little caution. All is not wonderful. New owners like them a lot and there is nothing wrong with that. But I have talked to some shooters who put a lot of rounds through theirs and they are showing hard wear and loosening up and the company will not do a thing. Those shooters have ordered new guns from other Manufacturers. A lot of shooting is meant like 20,000+ registered and other targets a year.

For what you are going to shoot it may be the greatest gun out there. But it is big investment and what about resale if your want to get rid of it??

Good Luck and enjoy your shooting.

Don

16. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

CG durability discussed here:

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=139403

17. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

goose: I will be sure to tell those shooters that they are liars. I did see two of the guns and they were loose and worn.

You may love your gun but please get off the kick that the rest of the world is wrong. I had one on order, the first with a factory release, after 12 months and trying the test trigger at the Grand, which I thought was really bad, I went and bought a K-80 special. The gun I had ordered finally got into the USA 18 months after the original order date and went to another shooter because I had canceled. Doesn't speak to well of their service to me and I won't tell you how many arrival dates I had been given. In addition the dealer that I was buying it from had my trap gun I was trading in.

The only problem with my K gun that I have had was I lost the set screw in the front rib adjustment. One phone call and I had one the next morning at no cost. If the gun doesn't break why do you need service and warranty. If you take care of it and have a annual you should never have a problem. And you can run 1,000's and 1,000's through it without breaking and Wearing and I have close to 50,000 through mine in 1 1/2 years.

School is still out on the CG, check back in a couple more years and let see how they are holding up.

Don

18. GeneralJerry

GeneralJerry Member

I too have heard the stories of how great a gun the CG is, and know of friends that have them. I also know of a gentleman who has shot 30,0000 targets through his CG trap gun and is very disappointed with the breakdown in the gun, and the complete lack of support he says Guerini is offering.
    Your choice, but like Big Don says, school is out on this one yet.

Jerry

19. 27 YARDS

27 YARDS TS Member

Just saw ont that had BLOWN UP over the weedend...Not a pretty sight...There has been six of them and CG will not do a thing...Think about it before you buy.

20. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

Sigh... Let me guess, it was a reload. Is Kreighoff replacing guns that dipshit reloaders blow up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

caesar guerini owners club

caesar gurini manuals

owners of guirini shotguns