1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caesar Guerini my opinion

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I am now shooting my 2nd Caesar Guerini and should never have sold my previous one. I am shooting a Summit 32 inch Un-single with factory release trigger.
    One of the best shooting guns I have ever owned, and I have owned a lot.
    Why would anyone want to pay $13,000.00 for a Kreighoff Trap Special when for thousands of dollars less have as good and dependable trap gun with a lifetime warranty. Factory release triggers are the best around. Am having fantastic success shooting buddy shoots with it. I have the POI set at it's highest point since getting it out of the box, and it shoots perfect for me.
    If anyone sees me at a club you are welcome to shoot this fine instrument.
    The only modification I have done is shorthen the stock and put at zero pitch.

I wish this gun was made years ago. Excellent workmanship, I put it up there with the best of the best.

Thanks again Wes

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. shootgood

shootgood Member

I too have been very happy with my Guerini 34 inch Unsingle Summit. I have absolutely no complaints, I think it is hard to beat for the $. I was a little leary at first to buy a gun that is fairly new out, but am glad I did. I know that these guns are not for everyone, but those who like the Unsingle should give these guns a look.--Shoot good

3. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Dr.Longshot:

Do you know if your Guerini factory release is third generation?

sissy

4. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

I too loved my new CG summit trap combo until I picked up my dusty Perazzi TMX out of the safe and realized how much better built the P guns are made over the Caesar Guerini, as my 2 year old summit sporting screamed to have the action tighened up. Both Guerinis are long gone, but best of luck with yours and I wish you continued success with it.....my 2 cents...Ernie

5. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

Dr. Longshot

Why did you sell your 1st CG?

My CG Magnus combo 34/32" is the best trap gun I have ever shot. I too shortened my stock to 14 1/4" LOP and 0 pitch. The CG brochure mentions that the stocks are intentionially left at 14 3/4" so they can be shortened if necessary. I have my POI set at 15" high at 35 yds.

Michael Stephenson

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I looked at the Guerini (Magnus) and though it was a nice looking gun it just did not feel (as in GOOD) the same after shooting Perazzi's and Model 12's for so many years ... Its probably a good gun for the money but its obvious why Perazzi's cost more, when you compare it to the MX-2000 I had ... I still got my Model 12's and a TM-1 if I want to shoot ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. walman16

walman16 TS Member

I never thought I would ever part with my beloved Kreighoff Model 32. I guess I got happy feet when I purchased a Summit Trap 34" Unsingle model. I figured that after 13 years with the same gun, I would try something different in hopes of enhancing my performance. Well, after a couple of weeks of fine tuning, I got my Guerini shooting great and my performance has broken through a huge plateau. I rarely miss a single and my caps scores are off the charts!

The gun is well balanced, completely adjustable, great trigger, excellent warranty, what more could you want?

My only criticism of the gun is that it's a bit barrel light for trap. Guerini cut their teeth on Sporting Clays guns, so I figure the barrels are lighter because the gun swing demands in clays favor a lighter barrel. That's all subjective though. A Graco weight fixed that issue.

Wes Lang and all at Guerini treated me like I was their only customer when I paid them a visit!

I highly recommend looking at a Guerini before purchasing anything else.

8. jbrucejr

jbrucejr Member

I have been shooting different guns trying to find out what I liked. A friend has 2 real nice P combos and a CG Maxis. I shot all 3 and I really liked the way the CG mounted and pointed. While doing this I found that I shoot far better with guns that shoot very high - like 100% or even a bit more. I would have loved to buy a P gun but the price pretty much took that off my plate.

I bought a used CG Magnus trap 34/32 combo from Guns Unlimited on December 26 - likely my Christmas for the next 10-15 years. It was formerly owned by "ink ball" here on TS - he traded for a K80.

This gun is great - I now have the single set to shoot 105% high. I shot a registered event 1/11 and I shot 13 targets over my average from 16yds, and based on my practice in the last couple of weeks I should have done better. I have only shot about 1500 registered targets total. (I have been shooting my Browning Special Sporting Clays for trap - it is my tubed skeet gun - and is now dedicated to that use.)

The CG has a 14oz mercury tube in the butt and a decelerator pad both of which ink ball put on when he had it. He said that it shoots like a 28ga, and I would second that opinion, even with factory AA handicap loads.

All I can say is that I am real glad that I could purchase a gun with adjustable ribs on both the single and OU and that has this level of quality at a price that I could afford. I did not pay that much more than the Browning Unsingle combo I had been considering from GU.

What is there to worry about - CG has a lifetime warranty and the pit-stop program to boot. I called them before I bought it, and they said that even though I was buying mine used that they would do all 3 pit-stops and it carries the lifetime warranty.

The best part of all was that my wife knew that I had been hunting for a new gun and SHE suggested that we drive up to GU to go look at it - she even wrote the check with a smile on her face.

9. Toddy

Toddy Member

Hello All,,,,
    Not to be bearer of bad news but.....

http://www.kelownadailycourier.ca:80/stories_local.php?id=157484

Remember that the cause is still just speculation.

just got an update from a very reliable source and it was a different shooter altogether that was firing the gun (a Caesar Guerini) and he was untouched,,,(name withheld by me), and Burgess had a head wound and Gilbert a leg wound as for Gary Pomfrey standing between the 2 that were hit got off scott free is because Gary was not directly in line with the other 3 shooters and escaped a close call or the fragment that hit Gilbert in the leg would have hit Gary in the waist or stomach somewhere and not Gilbert....
    Very interesting...the reload must of blown out the primer or brass because it blew the barrel (in tact, unhurt) and landed in front of the shooter while destroying the receiver.

And remember that cause is still just speculation.....

Subject: Fw: Reloads suspect

2 trap shooters injured in mishap at range
    Don Plant
    2009-01-11

Two trap shooters were wounded when a shotgun exploded and sent shrapnel flying at the Kelowna and District Fish and Game Club on Saturday.

Greg Burgess and Mark Gilbert were taken to Kelowna General Hospital – Burgess with injuries to his head, and Gilbert with injuries to his leg. Burgess was discharged hours later with two staples in his scalp, while Gilbert was awaiting surgery.

“It bled like I‘d been stuck with a knife,” Burgess, 55, said Saturday afternoon. “When it happened, I went down to protect myself and my gun in case I went unconscious.”
    The men were standing in a line of five trap shooters at the Casorso Road club site about 10 a.m., taking turns firing at clay discs launched by a machine. As one of the men pulled the trigger, his shotgun exploded in his hands and sent shrapnel to his left and right.

Pieces of metal grazed Burgess‘s head and perforated Gilbert‘s leg behind his knee. One chunk penetrated the tissue of his inner thigh and exited through the other side.

Gary Pomfrey, vice-president of the Kelowna Trap and Skeet Club, was standing between the gunman and Gilbert.
    “I seen it go by me, but it hit Mark, and he was two men away (about five metres). He stood there and folded. He went down,” Pomfrey said.

An ambulance crew took away Gilbert, in his 40s, on a stretcher. The shrapnel apparently missed his vital arteries. He was in good spirits and joking in hospital when Burgess last saw him.
    “They‘re giving him time to digest (his breakfast) before they take him to the OR,” he said. “He‘s conscious. He‘s OK.”

Members of the trap and skeet club gather twice a week at the range to practise their marksmanship on the flying discs. Those who saw the explosion agree this type of accident seldom happens.
    “This is the second time I‘ve seen a gun blow up in 38 years,” said longtime member Garth Turner. “That really shakes up the shooting community.”

“This is a very freak thing,” said Pomfrey. “In all my years, I‘ve never seen one like this before. I‘ve been shooting since I was a kid.”

The man whose firearm blew apart was “pretty distraught” but uninjured, said RCMP Sgt. Greg Woodcox. The shotgun was barely a year old and worth $4,000. Police seized the shattered stock and barrel to find out what caused the gun to blow apart.

“I‘ve seen this happen before. People load their own (rounds). Sometimes a malfunction happens and the firearm is blown to pieces,” Woodcox said. “It‘s likely the load caused it.”

Club members use at most three-eighths of an ounce of gunpowder and slightly more than an ounce of metal BB shot in each round.
    “This trap club is so safety-conscious. We spend more time on safety precautions than we do on shooting,” Pomfrey said.

Police planned to send counsellors to debrief those standing next to the injured men. No charges will be laid.

Hope all goes well with all involved....

Reg. Todd, East Sooke, BC

10. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Bet it wasn't the guns fault.

11. Toddy

Toddy Member

If it's true that the barrel was blown off the damaged receiver and in tact would suggest that the pressure was directed towards the receiver because if there was a barrel obstruction, the barrel would have been damaged,,,I would think.
    As suggested my thoughts would be on faulty reloads....sometimes if the primer is not seated far enough and the firing pin punctures it then there would be back pressure...but this is the first time that I ever heard of the powder being ignited also and not going out the barrel...

No I'm not an expert...just my thoughts.

R.T.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

exploded chart caesar summit

where should i buy my caesar guerini shotgun