1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caesar Guerini Magnus Sporting???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by yvonne, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

I am up in the air over my new gun purchase for Skeet and Sporting Clays. I can't decide between the Browning XS Skeet or the Caesar Guerini Magnus Sporting. I prefer Sporting Clays over Skeet, but want to be able to shoot the same gun for both. (I have a Trap gun) I really like the Schnabel forend on the Guerini. I've shot both guns. One is approx $1000 more than the other. Does anyone have any experience with the Caesar Guerini?

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Have a Magnus sporting love it.I did put an adjustable comb on it as I prefer the higher stock of a trap gun. Bill

3. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Call or email me for a great price on a Guerini Magnus. 800-684-6329

Bob Schultz

4. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Hey Bob! I just left a voice message on your 800#. Call me back!

5. shoot'er

shoot'er TS Member

I have had the pleasure of shooting a Guerini sporting and i thought it was the best, and most responsive sporting clays gun i have ever shot. Now i don't shoot sporting clays that much so i don't know how much of a help that was..

jd

6. bkms

bkms Member

Yvonne, I have the Magnus Sport Grouse LTD in a 32 inch. I LOVE mine. Its light and swings so good, as shoot'er says, "responsive". The only drawback i have seen is the amount of recoil (not as bad as a Win 101 though,lol). But, if you want a 32inch lightweight gun your going to get some recoil. I had mine proported (helped some) and i also just got it back from Speedbump stockworks friday nite as he installed a bumpbuster and adj comb. I havent shot it yet due to weather but it looks great. I mainly shoot sporting clays but i also shoot an occasional round of skeet and trap. The 32 inch suprised me when i did shoot skeet as i had never shot skeet with a barrel bigger than a 27 1/2 and i ran my second round. I would also recommend a better case if you buy one if you travel alot. Its fine for light travel, its like the plastic perazzi's and etc cases. I hope you can borrow one at a range and shoot it. I think you will like it. Good luck, Bob......

7. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I've never owned a Guerini, but I shot one a couple of times. Compared to a Browning Citori the Guerini was light and whippy. Also, the recoil was much more noticeable.

From what I've heard and read, the Guerini will cost you considerably more than the XS Skeet, yet it will not hold its value nearly as well. If you decide in a few months that you don't like the gun you bought, if you bought the XS Skeet, you will lose perhaps a few hundred dollars on the resale. If you bought the Guerini, you might lose $1,500 or more.

If it's the Schnabel forend you like, take a look at the Browning 525 Sporting Clays. I'm not saying not to buy the Guerini. I'm just saying that you should be sure that the Guerini is the gun you want to buy and keep for a long time, or else you will likely lose a nice chunk of cash when you resell it.

8. BILL GRILL

Easystreet, I have not seen a sporting Magnus for sale for 2000. anywhere if you can point one out for me I would buy another even if it is used. That would be 1500 less than I paid for a new one. So if you run across one let me know.Not that I'm doubting you but seeing that 1500 loss is believing. Bill

9. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Bill,

Click on the link above to see a Magnus Sporting in excellent condition which had an adjustable comb installed. The seller claims to have over $4,000 in the gun (not counting sales tax which would add another $250 to $300).

He sold the gun for $2,500 and paid shipping to the buyer. By my calculations, that's a loss of about $1,800. I realize that one sale doesn't establish a value for all used guns of that type, but I think it gives a pretty good idea.

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think they feel cheap, when you close one and shoot it- and the wood might be good but the metal work looks cheap also

Trigger needs work and I understand that the triggers dont hold up but dont know that myself

Will they hold up? Buying one is an expensive way to find out

I dont imagine it is easy to sell a used one

What you see is glitter-

regards from Iowa

Gene

11. BILL GRILL

Gene, That info is about as good as what your used wheels fit. Your info was as far off base as it could get. Research before you engage mouth. JMHO Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
caesar guerini magnus light for sale
caesar guerini magnus sporting 32

guerini magnus bad points

guerini magnus sporting

magnus sporting clays

which caesar gureni sporting clay should i buy