1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caesar Guerini Is It Worth It

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bryce720, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryce720

Bryce720 Active Member

The title pretty much says it all. I am looking forward to a gun change. I am looking at 3 different guns. I shoot Sporting Clays & Flyers. I have always shot a higher POI so trap guns have always worked well for me. The 1st being a Caesar Guerini Summit Trap 32" overunder. The reason's I like this gun is 1st and foremost fit. I mount the gun and it is right there, this is rare for me as I am 6'2" and most guns take some fitting. Only fitting I see at this point is a little length?? I have not shot the Summit Trap, I did try a Summit Impact and smashed targets right out of the box, it fit well, the Trap just feels like it fits even better. I can pick this gun up for $4,000

The next gun I am looking at is the Blaser Super Sport. I have not shot and or mounted one of these guns. I have however shot the trap model and liked it, it fit well and seemed to do the job. I have been hearing some good things about the Blaser and I can pick this gun up for $6,000

3rd and final is a K-80 32" Sporter. I have shot a few K guns and loved them but they're super expensive for me. The gun I am looking at is like new for $8,000 this would be stretching the budget but I could make it work, it would be tuff though.

I have shot a ton of guns my favorite being a 32" 3200 felt like a club in my hands but fantastic on targets and birds for me. I know that would make the K-80 more of the obvious choice it is just a lot of money. Will the Guerini hold up, is it a quality built shotgun?? Thanks

2. undersluice

undersluice Member

Yes. I own a summit combo and love it. In terms of features , they are up there with the big players but without the price tag. I have put around 5-7K shells through it and it works great. Their customer service is excellent. You can call up their office and ask to speak to one of their gunsmiths. If the person is not available , they make it a point to return your call.

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I used to work P/T for a shop that was one of the first CG dealers in Md besides the the Importer...they have guns that were used for demo purposes that have been through pure hell and they are many seasons old now with many flats of all kinds of shells through them..at last check they still have had zero malfunctions and still tight...to me they are the best value in a serious sporting/trap gun out there..and if it did need service, the CG service is top flite...I think that they will eventually be as prized valuewise as the K's and P's...and it is the only gun I would move "up" to if I was so inclined to get out of my Browning Plus guns

4. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

You can't go wrong with a Guerini. There a terrific gun.
    Every bit as good as a P gun for alot less money

5. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

Love my CG MAGNUS, don't know why but the recoil is less than on any other gun I ever shot except my 1100.

6. chipking

chipking TS Member

Absolutely it is worth it and it will hold up. I have over 28 thousand trouble free rounds through my Summit Trap Combo and it still feels like a new gun. IMHO the absolute best bang for the buck on the market today. Like you I love the old 3200s and shot them well BUT the K-80 does not feel or handle like one.

--- Chip King ---

7. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

I have a CG Maxum Trap Combo, love it. Very little recoil

and easy to move. have about 10k rounds through it with no probs.

Mike C

Groveland, CA

8. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Why not get5 a Rem. 3200 if you liked it so much?

9. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

My Summit O/U with well over 30K shells thru it is at Cambridge now getting a FREE service after which it will be shipped back to me for FREE. I have had absolutely nothing go wrong with it.

10. Bryce720

Bryce720 Active Member

WOW, thanks guys for all the replies. A lot of positive responses about the CG. The main reason I would go for the Guerini is pure fit. Like I said it just fits, I would need to lengthen it a little but other then that I would be good to go. Anyone out there had any issues with the Guerini?? What do you guys think of the recoil out of the trap models?? I have heard they have a little bit of Down pitch but that can be taken out?? Thanks

birdogs, the reason I sold my 3200 is I would have to sink to much money into to it to get it where it needed to be. I needed to do the forearm update, get a custom stock put on it, get it choked and so on. By the time I was done with it I would be in it $2,500-$3,000 plus the cost of the gun. I would never see anything close to that out of it.

11. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

The most important thing is the gun must fit or you will fight the hell out of it. I would shoot as many different guns before a finale decision is made. I used to own a Magnus combo and it was fine. I have since owned a Kolar Max T/A and now own a Blaser and while they are all good I have to say I am flat liking the Blaser. Just make sure the gun you choose fits you good.
    Good luck with your choice.

12. Bryce720

Bryce720 Active Member

What is it that your liking more about your Blaser than your CG. Thanks

13. Trapmanjohn

Trapmanjohn Member

Hey Bryce,
    Get the Caesar Guerini Summit Trap you won't regret it. Most people I know are shooting the 32" O/U better than any of the other configurations. I hope this helps you.

Hit 'em hard,

John

14. rdf59

rdf59 Member

Have 3 Guerini's and one of them I think I have over 15,000 through one of them -- the Magnus Combo. The others are in the many ???,000's. One thing is real apparent -- NO RECOIL when compared to my Beretta's, Winchesters and a few other brands.

15. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Its all about the confidence man. After you shoot for a while you will know what I am talking about. The blaser is very adjustable and can be fine tooned to your liking. There are to many things to mention. There are know better barrels or triggers than what come on them. If you have questions about them call Allems gun craft and ask them all about them. You will be pleasantly surprised.

16. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have 3 Guerini and you can't go wrong with them.
    I have a question. The new SS Blaser has a list for $7881. The best price I got on was $7100. Were did you get a price of $6000. ???
    John

17. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

I have Guerini trap and sporting guns, and a Blaser sporting gun. With an adjustable comb, the Blaser is a special gun. CG is very good, but the Blaser is special...trigger, balance, handling, less felt recoil. Go for the adjustable rib & comb option on either gun.

WNCRob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.