1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caesar Guerini "Impact"

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by short shucker, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Has anyone got their hands on one yet?

ss

2. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

Caesar Guerini

Rest assured it will be a fantastic gun.

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Caesar Guerini

We should change the forum name to "CG Lovers of America"

Geez

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Caesar Guerini

MIA

"We should change the forum name to "CG Lovers of America""

Does this mean that in your opinion there is no room for us unless we are Perazzi lovers like you?

Bob Lawless

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Caesar Guerini

Naw bob. It is just my little tweak at the CG guys. I think they get it and are not offended.

And if Bob makes any good point, it is this... I collect good perazzi stuff to resell. Adn some 1100s, BTs nd the like. Hard for me to have a handle on a dozenn triggers and a dozend stocks for all types of guns. The main reason is that they are not generally available. And I buy Perazzi stuff when I can.

MY day witha CG will come... maybe

6. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

Caesar Guerini

Guerini has added it to their website. Looks like it may be a pretty nice all around gun. Also looks like you will be able to option it out any way you want including a Trap unsingle barrel being avaliable.

I have tried linking to the page,hope it works.

JohnR

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Caesar Guerini

Thanks JohnR. They must have just put that up in the last day or two.

I like the fact that they finally put some real bluing on the Summit model. It makes it a lot more appealing to me.

The tunable triggers seems like a nice touch for those that have "doubling" problems due to their shooting style.

I'd like to know how they are getting the adjustment range on the POI. 5% low to 90% high seems to be quite a lot of range. I guess a phone call will be in order the clarify this.

If they don't price this gun too high, my short list of wanted guns will get a lot shorter.

ss

8. greg2648

greg2648 Member

Caesar Guerini

ttt

9. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I think the POI range might be a typo. Can't imagine why anyone would need a gun shooting less than50%. For trap 90% is ok, but to make it a fits all they should try to get to 100% or more.

Phil Berkowitz

10. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Caesar Guerini

Its listed as a sporting gun, not a trap gun...50% would be rather high for a sporter.

Looks very interesting.

WNCRob

11. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Caesar Guerini

Phil,

I don't think that anyone that needs a 100%+ POI is going to find a gun like this appealing.

'Rob,

50% = 50/50 or dead on.

I tend to like my sporting/skeet/wobble guns to shoot in the 50/50-60/40 area. This is a little flat for me to shoot trap with. I generally like a 70/30-80/20 for trap.

I've always wanted an all-around gun that could be competitive in all the disciplines. This has been possible in the past, but several barrels were needed and a very adjustable stock. I can't/won't afford one of the newer Kolar or Krieghoff adjustable ribed sporters, and a MX 2000/3 is really out of the question. This may very well be just the ticket.

ss

12. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Caesar Guerini

It looks really cool.

13. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Caesar Guerini

There has been a lack of high POI sporting guns for too long. If you pay attention to Sporting, Bill McGuire shot a K-80 with a Devault add on rib before he switched to Blazer. If you shoot a trap gun with 100% POI, why would you shoot a 50% POI doubles or sporting gun? At least 75% of all sporting targets are climbing targets.

14. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Caesar Guerini

We'll have the Impacts around the first of the year. I shot one of the prototypes and it was all I could do to give it back. I'm thinking I "need" a new sporting gun anyway. The cool part of this gun is its ability to be a competitor at a number of games, primarily trap and sporting clays. I think for a guy with a single barrel trap gun this would make a great doubles gun. To the shooter who wants a trap and sporting gun this would allow for a flat shooter in clays and a higher POI for Trap. Snap on the soon to be available unsingle and you really have a shooting system for less than half the price of the big 3 (K, P & K). I have a couple of them pre-sold so we should get some reports pretty quick.

Don't forget to sign up for the free shell drawing on my web site above. Just sign in for the newsletter. I promise it won't hurt.

Merry Christmas, Bob Schultz

15. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Caesar Guerini

Setterman,

I shoot sporting at 4 different clubs and I'm here to tell ya that you may have 1 or 2 stations that have "trap" style/presentation targets. For the most part, they are droping, high crossers, under your feet coming at you, hopping rabbits, etc.... They are anything but going up and away from you.

A really good "Master" class shooter will generally break in the high 80's during a tourament. These clubs don't throw lolly pop make you feel good targets. They will challenge you to no end.

ss

16. Mark-in-Maine

Mark-in-Maine Member

Caesar Guerini

Bob,

You say you have some pre-sold. What is the price please?
    Or did I miss it somewhere? I'm definitely in the market.

thanks.
    Mark

17. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Caesar Guerini

Mark,

The info that I got is that the factory hasn't set a price as of yet. My dealer said it would be in the $5,000 area as he had a couple presold as well.
    He is also exspecting a shipment of them sometime after the first of the year.

ss

18. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Caesar Guerini

Bob, I'll buy one if you promise I'll get wood equal to the picture.

19. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Caesar Guerini

Regardless of the preferred POI, my guess is that this gun will appeal to many because of the stock configuration and taller rib, permitting the more erect head position and better field of view that posture promotes. It certainly has my interest. CG continues to bring us well-conceived, beautifully executed sporting guns at very competetive prices, supported with superb service. What a novel concept!
    WNCRob

20. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Caesar Guerini

I have a Summit Trap and would like the Impact as a sporter. I have shot my O/U for sporting clay but the gun just felt to big.
    Rizzini has a new gun the looks like the Impact for $3995 with a unsingle and O/U barrels. The O/U will sell for $3100. I'm going to look at it next week.
    If the photo comes up he it is. Or go to www.connecicutshotgun.com and look under Rizzini. The list price on the website is not the same as a add in Shotgun Sports last page.
    I still think the Caesar Guerini Impact is a nicer gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

caesar guerini summit impact type t

guerini impact trap
guerini summit impact trap review
guerini summit impact type t
how do i know if a caesar guerini summit impact is a type t