1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caesar Guerini impact OPINIONS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cgrim9, Jul 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cgrim9

cgrim9 Member

What do you guys think about the Caesar Guerini impact shotgun. I am either considering a caesar guerini sporting model or an impact. What are the disadvantages and advantages of both? Which one should I buy?

2. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

What game(s) do you plan to use it for?

3. cgrim9

cgrim9 Member

everything. Sporting clays, trap, and skeet. They do have the adjustable rib that can make it shoot 50/50, but how does it compare to a sporting low rib gun

4. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

I don't own one but I've shot a few rounds of skeet,trap and sporting clays with guns borrowed from other shooters and a used gun at my gun club. Some friends that have them shoot them well in all venues. The "adjustability" of the rib is attractive and the other features like the sliding weight on the barrels help you get the balance of the gun to your liking. Because I wrap my hand around the barrels when I close it, the fact that the rib flexes ( it is some sort of composite )was always disconcerting to me.

I think a big issue is the potential resale value of the gun - in my opinion the jury is still out on that issue. That being said one of my friends shoots a C.G. Maxum Impact that has one of the most beautiful pieces of wood I've seen on a gun and when combined with the engraving is a great looking firearm.

I see many more of them on the sporting clays range for some reason than I do on the skeet or trap range(s). Time will only tell if the gun will maintain market acceptance. At this point there seems to be a shortage of available guns - especially used guns. If you're serious I would call Kurt Grates at Great Lakes Sporting Arms as a possible source.

5. Bryce720

Bryce720 Active Member

I have a Caesar Guerini Impact 32". I have had the gun about 6 months. I think it is a great gun for the money. The guns I shot before that were a MX3, 3200, Teknys and 391 NCP conversion gun. The Guerini is every bit as good as any of the guns I have shot thus far. I shoot Sporting Clays, Some Trap and Flyers but I have not had a chance to use the gun thus far on Flyers.

If you were to get it I would suggest the weight system for the stock it balances out the gun well. Recoil is not bad at all and the gun moves well and triggers are awesome. The other thing is you have the lifetime warranty and 3 tune ups for the gun. I have not had any warranty work done thus far, but I hear nothing but good things.

Before I purchase mine, I spoke to several members on the phone for there real opinions and got nothing but good things. I purchase mine from a great dealer, awesome to work with and great price. Shoot me a Message and I will give you the dealer info. Thanks

6. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

I own a sporting Maxum and an Summit Impact, both are great guns. The sporting is lighter than the Impact and feels a little livelier to me on the sporting range, comes up and points very well from low gun.
    I have had the pitch changed and a Kickeze sporting pad added with length of pull shortened to 14 5/8, works great.

The Impact is also very well balanced, is heavier and swings a little slower and smoother than the sporting. I have started using the Impact for Trap and have been very happy with how I am doing with it. The optional recoil and balance system in the butt works, gun has low recoil. All adjustments are easy, fast and repeatable. Pull triggers on both guns are very good, crisp and around 3.5 pounds.

Guerini service is excellent, used them for the Maxum stock mods and the work was done very well at a competitive price and quick turn around,have also used their free pit stop service which is basically a cleaning and inspection. They are good people to deal with and stand behind their product.

If I could have only one gun for all the clay sports would definitely give the nod to the Impact.

JohnR
    johnr_2008_300840.jpg

7. unplugged

unplugged Active Member

On the "other" forum, under the CG fan threads, there are a couple issue raised with the IMPACT ( both Summit and I think Challenger.) One guy noticed the high ribs are slightly "warped" one side or the other on severl ( 12 to 16) guns in the rack at a dealer. Some folks said their's are not, but you might want to use a straight egde metal yard stick to see on any guns you concider.
    Also from that forum, there seems to an issue ( quickly fixed by CG) with just the IMPACT triggers. Someone also on that forum said CG is had put out a memo or maybe a recall to the dealers for the latest triggers as something is wrong.
    One of the posters said his trigger quit working and he did need to send it back to CG. I'm sure ever gun does not have those issues as many have said their's are fine. I would however check those two things on any NEW in stock Impact guns.
    You may also take a look at the "other" forum and read the comments posted.

8. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

I shoot with 2 guys that have a CG with adjustable ribs.

They both are having problems with the ribs coming loose at the adjustment point. They will get loose in the middle of a round, and slip during shooting. So far CG hasn't resolved their problem with many phone calls made. Lock-tite would fix this problem, but that defeats the point of an adjustable rib.

9. RV4driver

RV4driver TS Member

My CG Summit Trap has been flawless so far. The adjustable ribs on mine have an adjustment wheel, and a set screw to secure that. I use the set screw because I can't imagine having to adjust it in the middle of a round. There are click stops on the adjustment wheel that I assume would keep the rib from changing adjustment, but why not just tighten the setscrew to make sure.

Jeff

10. chipking

chipking TS Member

I have a Summit Trap Combo and a Maxum Trap Combo and have been very happy with both. As for the Impact I had a chance to demo one for a month or so and was very impressed with the gun. IF I was still shooting Skeet and Sporting and wanted only one gun (shudder what a terrible thought) to do everything with I would probably go with the Impact. I have not heard of any recalls and the Impact action and triggers are just the same as the rest of the CG line. As for the "warped ribs" posting on the other site, due to the high demand for the Impact I have yet to see a Dealer or Vendor with 3 - 4 Impacts on their shelves let alone 12 - 16 so I will take that with a grain of salt. I did manage to make the adjustment on one of my ribs act up but that was my fault for thinking I knew more than the folks who wrote the instructions on how to adjust the rib. The nice folks at CG corrected MY foul up and charged me nothing.

--- Chip King ---

11. Slugo

Slugo Member

they're real nice guns, but I'll stick to my Brownings. I adjust 'em by changing guns... :)

High-rib...
    DSC_0003.JPG

Low-rib...
    DSC_0005.JPG

12. JayLC

JayLC TS Member

In Ohio I shoot a CG Summit Trap for trap and a K32 for skeet. For my winter home in Florida I bought a 30" Impact for both games. I adjust the comb, rib, and chokes for each game and have had zero problems with the gun.....I now have about 6,000 rounds through it and works great for both.

Jay

13. exnavy81

exnavy81 TS Member

I have an Impact summit for sale it has only been shot once total of 125 rounds. It has not been altered in any way. Has the recoil reducer. Combo 34 unsingle 32 ou. Drop me an e-mail if you want pictures. $6100

14. Lyle

Lyle Member

I have one and can tell you a few things.

1. Handling--very smooth. The over and under moves very easily to the target and is smooth.

2. recoil--not bad

3. Chokes--tight and patterns well. I my light full seems to throw the best pattern

4. Trigger--I have issues with my trigger and need to call Guerini and get things fixed. The trigger shoe slides into place and is held by a set screw for adjustibility. The grooves that slide the trigger into place are too loose and will not hold the trigger at the correct angle. I hade a gunsmith in Utah check it out and he said the same thing and thought CG would probably replace. I haven't talked to CG about it yet though.

5. Stock fit--this is all relative to each of us, but I am not satisfied with the factory dimentions of this stock and may need to get a custom fit.

Overall--I seem to be shooting it fairly well, but need some work on the trigger and a custom fit on the stock. Even though the CG is "a good gun for the money" it is still a lot of money and I am disappointed that there are ANY issues at all.

Lyle

15. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

At 50K rounds, my Guerini Unsingle combo 34/32 had trigger problems and I had no back up. While Guerini repaired my triggers & replaced my hammers (at no cost), I bought an Impact Combo 34/32 as a backup. To my surprise, I shoot my Summit Impact 32 O/U BETTER than both the Impact Unsingle and my recently repaired Trap Summit Unsingle. I was so impressed I bought another Impact (but in Magnus flavor) as a backup to my backup.

Long way to say, that I use my Impact Summit o/u for singles, my Trap Summit O/U for doubles, and my Magnus Impact for Bunker. It took some time to set up the adjustable stocks to have the same sight picture but the ribs are all at various settings from 70/30 (singles), 90/10 doubles, and 60/40 (bunker - still tinkering since i'm new to it).

BTW, no problems what so ever with both my Impacts -- othern than the dent in my bank account...

16. gll

gll Member

have the sporter model in 30 in. i like it fine and shoot it fairly well for a recent purchase..used you can usually pick them up at a right price..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
best caesar guerini for sporting clays
caesar guerini maxum impact

caesar guerini reviews

caesar guerini shotgun reviews
caesar guerini shotguns reviews
caesar guerini summit impact
caesar guerini summit impact for sale

caesar guerini summit impact review