1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caesar Guerini Impact Models

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cuzy, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cuzy

cuzy TS Member

Thinking about buying a Caesar Guerini Impact Combo - has anyone shot one - any likes or dislikes? Thank you

2. dudleyone

dudleyone TS Member

Love mine. Factory release trigger are excellent. Very minor issue, the gun was shipped with some incorrect choke tubes (wrong constrictions) I called the factory and they rushed correct tubes next day air so I would have them for as shoot that weekend, naturally no charge. Excellent quality, fit and finish. Gun has amazing handling characteristics.

3. yjwinchester

yjwinchester TS Member

l have a caesar guerini summit trap 32" absolutely flawless with only 500 shells through it.looking to get 4100 shipped for it & l paid 4700.....let me know if your interested l'm in southern ontario canada comes with hard case & all acessories ...& l can send pics if interested..thks yjwinchester

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The impact mo0del will not shoot as high as Summit, Challenger, Maxus, and Maxxuum models.

I own the new Challenger Model

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

Dr. Longshot. You are misinformed.
    The Sumit, Challenger, Maxus and Maxum models are the trim and wood levels.
    An Impact Challenger is the same as a Maxum Impact other than grade of wood and engraving. The different models are Trap, Impact,and Sporting.
    I have Challenger Impact and a Maxum Trap. An Impact is an Impact and a Trap is a Trap not dependent on the trim level.
    See the website.

Alan

6. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

Further:
    I shot my Maxum Trap for quite a while. It's agreat gun, but an unsingle. I recently started shooting 2-shot Wobble and have been using the Impact after adjusting it to shoot like the Trap Maxum. I may not go back to the Trap:)

I had O/U barrels for the Trap and sold them as I couldn't get them to shoot low enough for sporting and skeet. Hence I bought the Impact. The trap will go down to 70/30 while the Impact will go to 50/50. Conversly, the Trap will go 100/0 but the Impact will only go up about 75/25. YMMV.

7. mtimney

mtimney TS Member

Redcobra may be wrong about the POI for the Impact. According to Guerini it is "adjustable from 5% low to 90% high."

I've had an Impact for two months now. It's a great shooting gun with excellent triggers, a solid build and an easy swing. It patterns very well with my loads and I like the double so much I'm not sure I'm ever going to get an un-single barrel for it.
    Mark

8. Lyle

Lyle Member

I have mine for sale due to the need for a commuter car!

The gun is very nice and handles very well. I especially like the O/U.

You won't be disappointed with the Impact. Pm if interested.

Lyle

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Hi Alan..I know you're a Md shooter too...you're not Mr A. Keller are you? Where do you shoot most? CalvinMD

10. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

CalvinMD: Not Mr. Keller.
    I shoot mostly at Loch Raven STC and at the AGC in Marriotsville.

Yes Guerini says the Impact will go to 45/55 (and up to 90/10) but I set mine at 50/50 for Skeet/Clays and then move the rib down to raise the POI for Wobble to about 60/40. I have never set it higher or lower than that. My point was that the Trap model will not get down lower than about 70/30 (Guerini says it will go down to 60/40 but I could never get it that low on the pattern board) which is why I bought the Impact and sold the double barrels from the Trap model. I still shoot the Trap unsingle for trap.

Alan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

maxus impact guerini