1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caesar Guerini impact 30 in or 32 in barrel

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by goosecall, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

I do not have either one to compare here, and have not shot one. I do have 30 in and 32 in citories, shoot the 30 in better for double trap. Reason for going to a Caesar Guerini, factory release triggers option, and PFS. I know it is a personal preference, but do need some input. 10Tenner

2. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

I have a CG with 32". I like the swing but I believe it is merely a personal preference.

3. SCTrapShot

SCTrapShot Active Member

I have a 32" and like it as well for doubles. 30" might be tough to balance.

4. Lyle

Lyle Member

I used to have the 30" and I thought it was awesome. It was wonderful on sporting clays and I also used it for pigeons. I have not shot the 32" but i am just saying the 30 is well balanced!

Lyle
    PS I have release pull parts if you would like to purchase on the cheap!

5. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

I shoot a 32" Impact for SC....wouldn't even consider a 30"

6. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

I have several.

For SC, I use an Impact 30."

For Doubles, I use a Trap 0/U 32" and a 34" Unsingle for 16s and hdcp.

For Olympic bunker, I use a Trap 0/U 30."

Best of all, I get the same sight picture while the SGs shoot specific to the game. 60/40 for SC, 80/20 doubles, 100/0 for 16s...and 120 for olympic (i use cheep and slow ammo and have to compensate somewhere!).

Got an impact combo (34/32) for sale BTW...

7. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Both barrels in my Magnus combo are 32"..

8. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

I have 34" unsingle that I love for trap.
    a 32" Impact for SC and Wobble, and a 32" Sporter with tubes for skeet.
    My short GF shoots my 30" Beretta.
    How tall are you? How's your arm strength?
    I like the longer sighting plane.

9. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

I have 34" unsingle that I love for trap. a 32" Impact for SC and Wobble, and a 32" Sporter with tubes for skeet. My short GF shoots my 30" Beretta. How tall are you? How's your arm strength? I like the longer sighting plane.

Maybe I should of asked how many of you shoot a impact for doubles. I shot my best scores with 30 barrel citori, but citori are nose heavy. I am 6'2 and most guns I need a longer length of pull.

10. BigDave1200

BigDave1200 Member

The Caesar is a much faster swinging gun. I would go with the 32. I shot a 32" Citori and traded it for a 32" Caesar and it took a long time getting used to how fast it swings.

11. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

Well I went with the 32 in o/u and 34 in unsingle Summit Impact. The deciding factor on the 32 in barrel was a blog written by Olympic trap shooter who had compared the Impact 30 in. and 32 in. to his MX2005. http://www.clayshootingsuccess.com/clayshootingblog/read_51558/cg-summit-reviewed.html
    It was hard decision to make biggest purchase on a gun, have many Brownings. If I did not need to go to release triggers, I probably would not upgraded. 10tenner

12. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

Congrats on your purchase. I have had the CG Summit Impact with 32 inch for several months. You won't be disappointed. Nice gun for the money! I am still getting use to the high rib, but really like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

guerini impact trap barrel