1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caesar Guerini for doubles

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smoke-um, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smoke-um

smoke-um Active Member

I am looking for a doubles gun i shoot a Ljutic i was wondering how a caesar would compare and how are the double release triggers in this gun?

2. chipking

chipking TS Member

The CG is a great doubles gun (Make that great TRAP gun). To me the CG feels faster to the target than my Kolar or K-80 were. While I really like Ljutics. I used a Ljutic Bi-gun for a while and I hated it. The Ljutic releases on my Monoguns have all been excellent but the Bi-gun release was TERRIBLE. The Ljutics are built like tanks. The CG is not BUT it is built to stand up to the use we trapshooters put it through.

I have been using the CG since June of last year and my scores are up an average of 5 birds this target year from last on doubles and 4 birds on singles. I shoot double releases (factory CG)and I think they are cleaner and faster than the Kolar releases that I used before that. The weight both engage and release has remained constant since the folks at CG installed them. I now have about 12 thousand rounds on the releases and about 15 thousand on the gun.

--- Chip King ---

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Finding a doubles gun that works for you can be tricky business. I would suggest that you shoot the gun before you decide to buy it. HMB

4. chipking

chipking TS Member

hmb is 110% right. I shot a whole herd of different guns before I found the one I wanted to stay with for doubles. Some worked "good enough" and some just didn't do it for me from the start. If you have friends who will let you try their guns you can form a first impression then try some of the guns at the bigger shoots where the venders will allow it. Or be a gun whore like me and buy, try, sell until you find what you like.

--- Chip King ---

5. dimapower

dimapower Member

Agree on the tricky business part. I had a CG combo and while I liked it for singles, I did not like it for doubles. Felt "slow" to me. I prefer an MX-8 or even my 682 Gold E for doubles.

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

As long as it's adjustable you can learn to shoot anything with it. CG, MX10, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.