1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caesar Guerini Combo (Un-single or topsingle)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Browning Man, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

Well I have really been pondering on pursuing a new Caesar Guerini Combo, as you maybe able to tell if you have seen my previous treads from the past couple of days. But anyway I see now that I have another option to look at, the new topsingle combo. Here is my situation, I'm a one eyed shooter currently shooting a new style BT-99 with an add on rib by Keen Sights, and I what to upgrade to a combo gun. So what combo should I really look into, the topsigle or the un-single, I plan on shooting one at the Grand so should I shoot both of the guns? Any input at all would be greatly appreciated.

2. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Browning Man. I am a left eye dominant right hand shooter who was shooting a K80 unsingle trap special, high rib. I was starting to shoot very well with it, but have received advise from many AA shooters who shoot the same that a top single with lower rib may end up being more productive, certainly a totally different sight picture. I bought a top single K80 while at the Ohio State 2 weeks ago and after only putting a 100 shots through it including patterning, I brought it to the Indiana State which is going on now. I have had moments a brilliance but all in all it is taking time to "fine tune" the gun and getting use to the lower rib sight picture.Bottom line is that I'm shooting crappy at my state tournament. Of course I committed the Cardinal sin by chnaging in the middle of the seqason but I am optimistic that I will ebd up shooting and seeing better. If you question my reasoning, next time you're travelling up the line, check out Nora Ross or the youngster Barthlomew.... top single, low rib. Good luck in your choice.

blade819

3. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

Thanks, I am also a left eye dominant right hand shooter, I will make it a piont to watch Nora shoot again, which shouldn't be hard with me being from Kentucky anyway. A high rib gun has always felt best for me though, thats one of the reasons for the add-on rib for my BT, I have a neck thats two feet long, lol, and the higher rib helps me get my head up. Both the Caesar Guerini Combos (top and un-sigle) have the same rib height I believe though.

4. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

Just had a Ceasar join the family (dad"s gun) lol top single combo... I have an Browning XT never shot a high rib and thought I wouldn't like it Boy I was wrong I love it and so does he!!!!

5. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

I like the taller rib the unsingle gives you but with my Magnus unsingle combo both the single and double barrel ribs are exactly the same in height off the barrel. The site plain is no different with either. Looking at the top single It appears the rib is the same as the rib on the double barrel, therefor the site plain should be the same with all 3 barrels. This was one of the main reasons I decided on the CG combo is because I could adjust both barrels to get the exact same site plain.
    Correct me if I am wrong.

6. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

Are there any advantages or disadvantages to either one were I’m a one eyed shooter. Or is it like everything else in this sport, “Head Games,” or just personal preference.

7. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have a Summit trap combo unsingle. The ribs are the same and I was told the top single rib is in the same place. So it don't matter what barrel you use the sight plane will be the same.
    As for shoot the gun it's the best. The gun is easy to ajust to you style of shooting and low recoil.
    When you get to the Grand and shoot a CG have you check book ready.

8. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

9. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

BMan. I am a RH, right eye dominant, 2 eyed shooter that holds a high gun. As soon as the bird appears I pick it up wiht my left eye and begin a move to the left of the target becasue of the left eye switch. I found all this out from Kiner in his video of me shooting. He was amazed as was I. I refused to become a taped up one-eyed shooter. Regardless, he told me shoot a top single low rib gun liek a TM1, BT99 or in my case now a MX3. Now I mount the gun, focus on the beads then allow my gaze to move out and call for the target and wait to see it over the bbl. Most of the time I am now going strate to the target wiht the bbl and breaking the bird. My left eye wants to cheat still, but I am shoooting singles better and hcp fair. (low to mid 80s)

Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.