1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caesar Guerini at the grand?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Browning Man, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

Will Caesar Guerini be at the grand, and if so will they let me take a summit trap out for a practice round or two?

2. doubles100

doubles100 TS Member

yes to all of your questions. The are in one of the permanent spots on the west end.

3. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

4. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

And if you like it, go see Doug Gray before you buy as he'll be glad to deal w/ you.

5. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Browning Man:

Last year during the Grand I visited the C.G. shop to ask some questions and look at the models they had on display. One of my questions concerned their factory release triggers.

I had absolutely no intention of shooting one when I went in but before it was over I was standing at a practice trap with a Summit O/U. Their head gun smith (not one of their marketing types) all but insisted I give it a try. Before I could, they set it up with left handed wood and installed a double release trigger.

I know it isn't anything the P and K gun folks wouldn't have done but CG was VERY accommodating.

sissy

6. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Better ask yourself how much shooting you do before you buy one. There are quit a few questions on their durability. Bill

7. chipking

chipking TS Member

I bought my Summit Combo in May and I just went over 5200 rounds this past weekend at the VA state shoot with zero problems and the gun is still as tight as new. Since the Trap line is relativity new ask some of the Sporting Clays guys who have been shooting the CGs for a few years longer than the Trap folks and then talk to the CG folks.
    You will not find a better bunch of people to deal with anywhere.

--- Chip King ---

8. rdf59

rdf59 Member

Bill, I have questioned people who have used the "quite a few questions on their durability" phrase and each of the three people said they really never heard that from any CG owner.

On analysis, it seems as though the comments on CG's durability come from people who own slightly more expensive guns and are slightly pi--ed off that maybe there is a gun just as good (if not better) than theirs and it costs less.

9. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Well I can tell you this my son bought a new one 2 1/2 years ago. Combo Magnus gun and will never buy another one. Also ask Hunter Dillion about his and the service he recieved at the state shoot from the rep. I would not have said a thing if I did not have first hand knowledge " NOT HEARSAY". On the other hand they are a nice shooting gun. Took my son to the 27 yard line in the time he has owned it.

Chip I have been shooting trap for quit awhile but I don't think I have been to a shoot where they threw 5200 birds in a weekend. Must have been one hell of a shoot off. Wish I could have been there. LOl Bill

P.S. If you would like to talk to my son about his gun and their service phone him. email for phone no is xxxbillgrill@charter.netxxx drop the x's.

10. vpsr6

vpsr6 Member

Be carefull because once you get one in your hands you will want to buy it or at least thats what happened to me. Demos were available at the PA state shoot and that was what it took for me, I shot it and then went up and bought one. The next day I ran into the CG rep and gunsmith in the club house and they remembered me. After I told them I bought one the gunsmith (Jim) took like 20 mins and went through the entire gun from top to bottom with me, gave me his card and said you have any questions or probs call me. Comparing this to my previous Mx15 it is right there in quality. One of my shooting buddies purchased one of the original CG's at the grand years ago and has shot the heck out of the o/u for doubles and his singles gun is a seitz,he says the CG is top notch and no probs.

11. chipking

chipking TS Member

Bill you are right that would be a hell of a shoot. Only the last 1400 rounds were fired at the VA state shoot over 5 days 7-1 thru 7-5. And thanks to the return of my flinch I drove over to Cambridge MD yesterday and had release/release triggers installed on my combo. Spent time visiting with Wes Lang the President of Caesar Guerini USA and John Skinner their senior gunsmith who gave me the Nickel tour before setting to work on my triggers. Wes showed me one of if not the first topsingle gun to arrive and I can say that a great deal of thought went into getting it right. I am on the list to have a top single barrel fitted to my Summit as soon as they arrive. I also spent time with Kathy and Victoria (the friendly voices on the phone) and "Sprig" the black lab. The total time for the work was 2 very pleasant hours and I was out the door and on my way home.

There is no gun manufacturer in business that does not occasionally have a bad gun or unhappy customer. But for me the quality of the CG and the great attitude and service provided by EVERY employee that I met there is most impressive and will be a driving factor when I start looking for my next toy.

--- Chip King ---

12. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Bill Grill,

I'm sorry to hear that J.R. has not been treated fairly by CG, because he shoots the gun GREAT, For a fairly new shooter he sure is tearing it up. I hope he can work things out with CG because he represents the company well. I think It would be in their best interest to take care of him.

Best wishes,

Shannon Mayes

13. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

Thanks again guys, you have been very helpful.

14. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Sounds like you might have to change your sign on name to CG Man. Good Luck at the Grand. Just wish I could be there. Break-em all. Jeff

15. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

Yea I know, we'll see. The only reason I made it Browning Man was I couldn't think of anything else, and I shoot a browning so I said why not, lol.

16. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

Let me tell you my next gun will be a Ceasar!!! My father traded his XT in on a Summit.But, That's not thee whole story.. He thought about it after driving from home to the Pa State,about 2 1/2 hrs to buy it and returning home. Not to return it... to buy the o/v barrels. You see we sent it to John to have the release trigger put in due to the fact that the weather was so bad on Sat they were leaving for the week.So I called and spoke to John on Mon and ordered the barrels and now a relaese pull trigger.In conversation I told him alittle about my dad and him having cancer. When dad came to the PA grounds he was so excited to get the gun and of course being a trapshooter he wanted to shot as soon as possible lol...John had the gun back to him in 4 days so he could shoot. John is a wonderful man and the gun fits and is working fine. Dad has not got a 25 yet bu a bunch of 24's. He was down to 125 and is up to 137lbs and has the will to go out and shoot and is doing well.... I think John helped with this will to live...THANK YOU JOHN AND CEASAR I OWE YOU!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.