1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caesar Guerini Anyone In Colorado Own One??????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bryce720, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryce720

Bryce720 Active Member

Just wondering if anyone in the state of Colorado owns a Caesar Guerini Trap model or Impact. I have been working with a rep of Caesar Guerini trying to get a demo gun for the last 4 months with no luck. He emails and calls but gets no response from Caesar, that has me a little worried as their customer service. I have heard 99% good things about the guns but would like to shoot one before purchasing. If anyone in the state has one and would like to meet at a club and would let me shot a box of shells or so through it I would be grateful. Thanks

2. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

Hmmm...you'd think the rep would use the phone to CALL Guerini rather than email them. I live in MD and just today called a dealer in NC loooking for a specific model. The dealer had no problem calling and talking to Guerini, then calling me back same day. That is excellent customer service and a great dealer factory relationship. The bad news is that the model I want wont be avaiable for months.

...and yes, i have toured the Cambridge facility, and yes they have done excellent warranty work quickly -- even though i wan not the original owner.

You may want to know that Guerini (and most manufacturers) in Italy shut down for the entire month of August -- that may be part of the story.

If not, perhaps you should consider another dealer if there is one on Colorado.

3. Bryce720

Bryce720 Active Member

SilverShooter, thanks for the reply. He has emailed and called several time. They're always trying to locate a gun and never get back with him??? None of the dealers in Colorado are will to stock the trap model. Bass Pro in Denver has a trap model, where I have at least had a chance to get a feel for the gun. They said they're no longer going to carry Caesar Guerini do to Customer Service and Supply issues. I would really like to shoot the gun before spending the money. Thanks

4. drbortone

drbortone Member

I KNOW A TOP SHOOTER WHO IS USING THE IMPACT - HAS SHOT WITH IT FOR THE LAST 4 MONTHS AND HIS CONCERN IS THAT THE GUN TIGHTNESS IN THE RECEIVER AFTER 4 MONTHS FEELS LIKE HIS KRIEGHOFF AFTER 5 YEARS OF INTENSIVE USE. SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT. HE IS CONCERN AND HIS SHOOTING THE GUTS OUT OF THE GUN TO TEST IT.SO MY ADVISE ASK OWNERS AROUND THE US FOR THEIR OPINION - PRICE ATTRACTIVE BUT IF METALLURGY IS NOT GOOD I'D RATHER PAY FOR A PERAZZI OR KRIEGHOFF

5. rustygun

rustygun Member

How about shutting off the caps lock.
    I had a KX-5 that went from tight to easy to close in about 500 rounds, how would a K-gun feel any different after 5 years?

6. chipking

chipking TS Member

Bryce I don't know about Colorado but if you ever get to Virginia you are more than welcome to shoot mine anytime. I am a member of Fredericksburg Rod and Gun and you can shoot as my guest. It is a release / release top single combo.

Your dealers comments run contrary to everything that I have experienced in dealing with Caesar Guerini as a customer for the past 2 years.

My Caesar Guerini Summit trap combo has just over 26 thousand rounds and still feels like a new gun. I've been 100 percent satisfied with mine since day one and enjoy giving others the chance to shoot it. I don't feel that it gives up anything in quality or materials to any other brand on the market. And my experiences with CG customer service whether for information or service or upgrades has always been superior. Only Kolar has been as good at customer service based on my personal experiences.

--- Chip King ---

7. Bryce720

Bryce720 Active Member

Thanks Chipking, I am really hoping to get a chance to shoot one of these guns. There isn't a ton of them out there unfortunately. Thanks for the kind offer, I'll hit you up if I'm ever in the area. I'm hoping someone from Colorado will come through.

8. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

Just like with anything that is man made there are going to be problems. I know several people who have shot their CGs for thousands of rounds with no problems and some people who had to send theirs back after a week. The same goes with any gun.

9. guerini-tom

guerini-tom TS Member

Bryce720,

Sorry to hear about the issues you have had in getting a demo gun; I received the request from the Colorado dealer just last week and I have already responded to them asking for more specific information concerning what exact model you are looking for (unsingle, top-single, O/U?). Please contact me directly at 410-901-1131 or tom@gueriniusa.com and I will arrange the demo shipment.

Concerning Bass Pro in Denver; I am not sure who you talked with but they are still a dealer in good standing and they continue stock and sell our shotguns.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

10. Chipmaker

Chipmaker Active Member

I have two CG Summits and love them Wes and John have treated me like a PRO and I'm far far from that! Trying to secure a "Demo" gun is probably the real issue here, you dealer is trying to get one from them correct? If so who is going to pay the shipping for this gun to the dealer and if you don't want it, or decide it's not for you or you want a new unfired one who is paying the return shipping back to CG? Kind of a bit of expense here to account for. Why don't you search for a stocking dealer who may have one you could shoot or possibly a clients gun. Plan a little road trip and go to him even if it a couple hundred miles away! If you were close Illinois I would love to meet you & gladly let you shoot either of mine! I love converting people over to these guns!

They do shoot a bit on the high side with the rib up all the way. If your going from say a flat shooting BT then you will have a learning curve to go through. But once you acquire the correct sight picture you will roll smoke!

I like spending your money so I say order one and never look back! I really believe you will be very very pleased!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.