1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caesar guering Lets talk!!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeetiee, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeetiee

skeetiee Member

While at the Grand this year i was really taken with the Caesar Guerini shotguns. I havent felt a shotgun that felt that good in such a long time. I have heard people say that the caesar is the poor mans Perazzi. Why are they saying this. what makes a perazzi so much better than a Guerini? I cant find much info on these shotguns as far as reviews go. How are they holding up? Are they a better shotgun than a Beretta 682? I have always shot Browning o/u with some success, but the brownings feel like big fat pigs compared to the Guerini. I really want one of these shotguns but i am not so sure its a great idea with my neck condition (to much shooting). The o/u have taken a tole on my body but i really like them!! Whats the scoop on these shotguns. are they the best bang for the buck or are they just as good as a beretta, and where or how do they compare to a perazzi? I know this is a lot of questions but i am really intrigued with them!! Lee

2. pilotdan

pilotdan Member

I will give you my opinion after shooting my Summit unsingle for the last year. I have owned Perazzi's(3), Ljutics(4), Bill Cole(1), and Beretta(2). The Guerini is the fastest pointing, softest shooting trapgun I have owned. I have the 34" barrel, and after setting up the point of impact and the sight picture with the comb and rib adjustments, have been very pleased. The fit and finish are perfect, and I have not had any problems over the last 4000+ targets. The trigger is fast and crisp, and the chokes are great. I use the IM all the way back to shooting games. The Full choke is almost too full. No one knows yet how they will stand up over time, but I would bet that if one of the "big guns" tried one and broke some good scores, Guerini could not make them fast enough. Hope this helps.

3. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

Love mine, 5K targets since April, no problems. A learning curve with the high rib for me but getting the hang of it and have never shot trap better. You'll find a couple of threads on here.

4. Chipmaker

Chipmaker Active Member

Only had my Summit for a couple of months. Wes and the crew has treated me like I am one of the BIG DOGS, I am far from it! I had a issue of POI and they changed out a post in the rib adjuster which cured the problem for me. Returned the gun had it only one day in the shop!! I will tell you as I told Wes you have a customer for life...........
    I also shoot with two others who have Summit's and they love theirs too!

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

My caesar Guerini full choke has a 19 Inch pattern at 40 yards, very even and it is the only tube I shoot 16s and 27 yd Hdcp, I also feel it points very good. Excellent wood and wood fitting was precise. The factory release trigger is the best. It is the highest shooting gun right out of the box 115% + Shoots higher than MX-15, MX-2000, K-80 Std Un-single and beeen told it shoots higher than a K-80 Special by a guy who shoots one.

No problems what-so-ever. I would like to go to the Grand and shoot the Hdcp
    if I can get the funds or find some-one to share expenses.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

I got mine at the end of june and have 2700 shells through it so far. I absolutely love it. Gary says his full choke gave a 19 inch pattern. Well, i bought 2 briley tubes for the gun. IM and LF. My light full give a 19 inch pattern at 40 yards. It is amazing. I counted 17 pellets outside of the 20 inch ring. i shot three shells. I was thoroughly impressed right away. i shoot my IM from 16 to 23 there on back it is the LF. When i miss it is my fault. If you are close enough you can buy it from barts in glen burnie, MD and go to the shop in cambridge, MD and pick your wood on your gun. It is pretty amazing. I will always be a customer. I don't have the o/u, but am gonna add the barrels next year.

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Do a thread search as this subject was discussed at length both pro and con not to long ago.

Don

8. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Perazzi is a fine shotgun. Over the years I've owned at least six of them.
    I also have a Magnus combo. In my opinion, the Guerini is every bit as good
    as Perazzi for less money. The fit and finish is great. The Guerini warranty
    is also the best in the business.

9. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

skybuster is a heretic !

10. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Their service is second to none. I've owned several and all have been good shooters and a real deal IMHO.

11. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

I could have purchased any gun I wanted (after winning a lottery)and I chose the CG Magnus combo and I have never looked back. There are some very good guns out there and none of them are better than the CG. I don't care what anybody says, the CG is as good as all of them. The people at CG are top notch and eager to help when you call. The warranty is also as good as any gun out there. Buy one and you will be loving life. Good luck with your choice and remember that what ever gun you choose it must fit YOU!

12. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I bid you fair warning... Every post talks about their great warranty service.

What?

13. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I have a 3 barrel sporting set (.410, 28, and 20), all 32" barrels. For the money, they are a bargain, but do not leave your choke tubes in the barrel for an extended period of time without cleaning and greasing them. They will be a bear to get out. 4 guys at our club have Summit 12 gauge guns, and they will all confirm this. Although I've never had a tube stuck, some are hard to get out if you don't clean your threads after you shoot. For some reason their tubes allow alot of residue to build up between the tubes and the barrels.

14. JACK

I know something of the "mono-bloc" system. It thrives on WHEEL BEARING GREASE.

15. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I think they might be a good gun if you are not going to shoot them a lot. The troubles I have been told are by shooters who put 20,000 plus thru them and they have had some warranty issues and some loosening issues. Remember CG has only really been around a couple of years for the competition guns and P and K have been around for umpteen years. I put 20,000+ thru my k-80 last year and it is still as tight as when I bought it 3 years ago. Please don't compare, tell me how great it is when you have put 75 to 100,000 rounds thru one.

Don

16. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I've heard of several "stuck choke tubes" issues with guns sold around here. One guy needed a pipe wrench for removal after leaving it around one month!!

17. Chipmaker

Chipmaker Active Member

you need to put a small amount of lube on your choke threads they are blued so they will rust from the condensation of the hot barrel cooling.

18. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Bryce, your correct. It is a tolerance issue. I didn't want to appear that I was "slamming" the CG's. Like I said, I own a 3 barrel subgauge set and I'm pleased with it. But, when I store it the chokes are lubed and loose.

19. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

What do the retailers and or C. G. have to say about this problem? It seems like it should have a simple fix. What about anti seize(sp) lube/compound?

20. JACK

Big Don. You are right on target. The vast majority of the new CG crowd are not tru campaigners. But I still think Wheel Bearing Grease is th answer to the loosening thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.