1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caedinal Classic Attendance

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Aug 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Cardinal Cloassic Shoot is up 16% through the Saturday Singles Championship

4876 entries in 2010 through Sat.Singles Vs 2011 5452 entries which equals approx 16% increase.

Event#7 almost doubled from 498 to 854 really increased starting

Shooting really increased starting Friday.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

So what was event number 7?

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Event 10 --982 shooters-singles championship

Phil Berkowitz

4. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

Gary,

I just spoke with my wife and the word at the Cardinal is that attendance is up 21%. I wish that I could be there but someone has to work this weekend...

RJ is showing the # below:
    EVENT # 7 - LARRY TAYLOR CLASS SINGLES ENTRIES 854

EVENT # 10 - SINGLES CHAMPIONSHIP ENTRIES 992

Thank you,
    TNCoach

5. Donm

Donm Active Member

Doubles were up 18 shooters and singles up 141 that makes single up 16% and doubles 5%. that will bring down the ave. And event 3 was down 126 shooters.

Total shooters through 11 event 2011= 7006 and 2010=6271 Per RJ Stuart. That doesn't comput to 16%. More like 10.49% If you are going to be a CC cheerleader atleast get your facts straight.

6. Beau69

Beau69 Active Member

looks like 7832 this year vs 7035 last year. an increase of around 11.3%.
    Grand was up around 11.6%

Say what you want, its great to see trapshooting coming back a bit...no matter where it is...

7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I heard that rays from the sun are being allowed to shine directly onto shooters there, and the management isn't doing a damn thing to stop it.

Say it ain't so!

-Gary

8. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

It's an interesting paradox. On one hand it's thought to be the Martin's cash that's drawing throngs to the Grand, yet at the Cardinal Center, the reverse is true. Attendance is up and their shoots well attended, yet the prizes, in a word, stink. Never mind the absence of classes, for instance, with nearly 1,000 entrants in event #10 there's no AAA class. Also we notice, in many of the other events, no runner up trophies, and from first hand experience those trophies turn out to be flashlights (batteries not included), or wally world camera bags, and last year a junior champion was awarded, laughably, a fishing rod holder.

The Cardinal Center is wonderfully situated geographically, and because of great planning, is throwing targets second to none, into a good background and in the right direction. Apparently you don't need to be lured by big prizes to Maringo.

9. Dr.Longshot

Total entries for 2010 were 7,035 2011 Total entries were 7832

by my claculations for an increase of approx 11.5%

This is the final total count for all events 12 of them.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

10. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

I am new to shooting but love my Stick Clock for winning my Class in Singles. I shot a 99 and had to go into the next 50 to get it. The trophies are different but who cares, just play the money, my motorhome only gets 6.5 mpg and with gas at the front of the place being 3.39, I need that Lewis and Class money to go into the tank to get home! Plus I had a flat today so now I am really in the hole. Had an excellent time and can't wait until next year. the dates are different...

Buckeye is May 30 to June 3

Ohio State is June 19 to 24

Cardinal Classic is Aug 22 to 26, which is a week later than previous.

shoot well and often.

11. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"Total entries for 2010 were 7,035 2011 Total entries were 7832"

So wile everyone is at it please tell us how many shooters that breaks down to. Was there an increase in shooters and if so how many. Some of you are confusing entries with shooters.

I assure you that is not the case the number of entries doesn't necessarily mean more shooters. This year there were 96 more shooters than last year.

Bob Lawless

12. atanut

atanut TS Member

Bob,

Don't worry...many of us know you dont shoot anymore. It doesn't affect you.

The Cardinal Center is the draw to the Cardinal Center. It is not too complicated.

If we can come up with enough money shooters will continue to go to Illinois. (lots of money) The grand is down 50% from its peak. Obviously it can't be blamed on the economy since the CC can continue to get bigger despite the depression/recession. There have been many recessions in the past. It aint the economy stupid.

The CC will get bigger and if we can get more donations the grand will hold its own.

It was a long drive for me but I have to admit OSTA and CC have done a lot to invigorate the sport. Thanks for a great week.

13. steele

steele TS Member

DCB WVU,
    The reason you shot better than the rest of your squad is that HIDEOUS tye-dyed shirt. It blinded everyone around! You are lucky you didn't have to look directly at it, only above it!! Butch from PGH

14. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

atanut I am knocking no one and least of all the CC as I have never been there. Which means no reason to knock or criticize the CC.

All I was pointing out is Longsh?t was writing entries. Donm is writing shooters there is a rather large difference between the two. That is my only point

as far as this comment is concerned,

"There have been many recessions in the past. It aint the economy stupid."

You can go pound sand meathead.

Bob Lawless

15. Dr.Longshot

You have to have 908 shooters to have 908 entries, in every entry there was a shooter.

I don't know where you can get the exact amount of shooters that entered in shooting events.

Dave Berlet asked me the same question of how many actual shooters attended the grand that shot, not the amount of total entries.

I made him a bet that the $200 lewis class entries would be half next year of what they were this year, when shooters see the payout and where their money went.

We have to wait until next year to see.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

16. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

"You have to have 908 shooters to have 908 entries"

False!!! You can have 300 some shooters enter 3 Events and there you have 900 entries from 300 some shooters. How long you been around shooting Gary??? Now if you have 900 entries in one Event, then you have to have 900 shooters.

Example:

At the Grand there was over 30,000 entries but only 3400 shooters.

Total entries for the Cardinal shoot this week was 7000 some. There was only 1394 shooters.

This shows the total number of shooters does not have to equal the total number of entries.

17. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

What ever CC is doing it was worth the trip.

I drive across interstate 71 on business and stop regularly to shoot practice. They are open during the day.

I never thought I would go on overnight business trips with my gun. I visit my customers in Ohio a little more often now.

18. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

Here it is in a nutshell.... IT is a great place to shoot ... all trap help an other staff are super. The shoot is run like clockwork.. can not say enough about everything involved .. From start to finish a super place to shoot and if you have never been there it truly worth the trip!!!!

19. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Event #8 908 entries, this was a handicap event. Someone better lay off the booze.

20. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

TOOLMAKER--Who is the someone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.