1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cadinal Classic Food?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Beau69, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beau69

Beau69 Active Member

Always looking to try new places to eat...where are some good places to eat around the cardinal classic??

2. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Depends on what you like, how far you want to travel and other's opinions. There's the Farmstead restaurant right on the grounds - the rest are a matter of minutes. 10 minutes puts you at the junction of hwy 36/37 with some fast food, a Bob Evans, a Cracker Barrel, Waffle house and a couple more. 10 minutes further south puts you at Polaris with every eating/entertainment venue you might want. Fast food to fine dining all in one area and a lot of it.

Earlier this year someone raved about the pulled chicken sandwich at the Cardinal snack place. Different strokes for different folks I guess because I took one bite, spit it out and asked for my money back; one of the worst sandwiches I have ever had.

3. The Stive

The Stive Member

I always make it a point to visit the Farmstead restaurant at least once.
    John

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Go south on I-71 to Polaris Pkwy turn rt go to Sancus Blvd Turn left to House Of Japan on the Right, they cook at your table.

Luncheon menu is the best price. I have eaten there numerous times.

Gary Bryant
    DR.longshot

5. Dr.Longshot

Schmidt's in Columbus has fantastic Bahama Mama's and Cream Puffs to die for.

You should try their Buffet, it's excellent lots of german food items. German Potato Salad, I may drive there tomarrow evening.

I got married there once, upstairs conference room.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. Uncle Screech

Uncle Screech Member

I went to the Ohio State Shoot for the first time this year and I also asked about food in the area. I too was told that the pulled chicken sandwiches were "to die for" and had to try them. I did and just wrote it off to me being the butt of a joke again. Best part was my buddy from New York got one too (at my urging). He said it was awful, I played it up saying mine was GREAT but I was getting full. I smiled and Ooo'd and Ahh'd and said maybe he just got a bad one what with all the heat and whatnot. He got a sick look on his face and tossed the rest of it away. Those things have just got to be a "rookies" joke, just about the worst thing I've ever put in my mouth.

Greg

7. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

It was a paste of some kind of light colored "stuff" on a plain white bun, no trimmings at all. Just a scoop of the meat paste and the bun. It was downright awful. I, at least took one bite (spit it out) but my wife took one look and said there was no way she'd eat garbage like that. I've eaten mystery meat off street carts in third world countries that is gourment compared to that nasty sandwich. But,will say the best apple fritter in the whole world comes across the same counter.

8. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Go south one exit. Turn left heading into town. After two-three miles you will come to a little local Italian restaurant. Not fancy but good Lasagna priced right and a salad thats a meal in itself on the side. ed nichols

9. Doc G

Doc G Member

My squad's favorites, 20 miles south of Cardinal at Polaris: Fisherman's Wharf (seafood), Carabba's (Italian), and Texas Roadhouse (steaks, ribs, chops). We also always hit the Friday fish fry at the Farmstead.

Enjoy!

Doc G

10. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

I agree with the dislike of the shredded chicken sandwich.

The one I had had a burnt taste, and as described above, a slimy texture.

One of the food trailers has a very good Roast Beef sandwich. A little better Horse. sauce would do the trick.

However, the Polaris exit (south), has about anything you could want, at about any price.

Regards.....Gerald

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Chicken and Noodles. MMMmmmmmmmmm. A momma Fishburn specialty.

12. guthooked

guthooked Member

The Bonefish Grill has great food but you should make reservations as the place is always packed.

13. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Malabar Farms is one of my personal favorites.. 30 min. drive maybe. Best to call ahead for a reservation

14. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Columbus has it all as far as food goes. Schmidt's Sausage Haus in German village is good six or seven types of their sausage is available on their buffet.

Thurman's Cafe is a experience in it's self. The food is great The "Thurman burger in the pic is just the single.

Located 183 Thurman Ave in German Village also.

The Thurman Burger
    3/4 pound hand pattied beef
    over loaded with ham, sauteed onions & mushrooms, mozzarella & American cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickle, banana peppers, and mayo.

The Thurmanator adds another 3/4 pound patty.

Another place that is a must and great food is the Ohio Deli
    3444 South High Street Columbus, OH 43207 Try the Dagwood Challenge. If you can eat the giant ham, beef, and turkey on a half loaf of Italian bread monster sandwich and fries in 30 min you get a free I beat the Dagwood Challenge tee shirt and your name on the wall of fame. Best part is it is a great sandwich er meal, er two meals.

If you like fish and chips I say The Old Bag of Nails Pub there are two of them in Columbus all you can eat beer battered large cod and fries, Oh sorry Chips. The best you ever put in your mouth.

Schmitts, Thurmans, and Ohio Deli have all been on Man Vs Food.

Something different and all very good.

Rock

Jim

15. Barry C. Roach

Columbus have a Shapiro's Deli?

16. Barry C. Roach

Last time I was there I never left the grounds. Their restaurant is good and the kitchen on the grounds serves good nourishing food. There's also some food vendors that take care of the craving for fried fish followed by ice cream.

17. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Sorry Barry, no Shapiros Deli I could find, only comparisons.

Great reviews for the one in Indy. though.

Regards....Gerald

18. Dr.Longshot

Shredded Chicken I was told today was taken off the menu, I cannot vouch for it, but I did have a bowl of Chicken Noodles.

The food trailer across from the home made ice cream trailer had a very good Roast Beef Sandwich and Scalloped Corn.

GB
    DLS

19. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

second for the fishermans wharf. they used to be in cleveland and had a place in columbus that closed then they reopened at polaris. the bulubase--spelling-- was TERRIFIC. Nice people. hAPPY HOUR EVERY DAY WITH SPECIAL DRINKS AND SMALL PLATES for about 5 bucks. A terrific place and fine food with great service. motordoc

20. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Go to the Sunbury exit, go west to Delaware. Lots of restaurants downtown, eat on patios or sidewalk tables. Really a nice little college town with lots to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bulubbase