1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cabelas Wheeling, WV- Worth the stop?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Will be driving in that area and am wondering if its worth the stop. I've been to 2 cabelas before, one in Hamburg PA (very impressive), and one in Dundee MI (very disappointing, much more like a Bass Pro than the other cabelas I'd been to). If its like Hamburg, it'd be worth the stop, if its like Dundee, I'll keep on trucking.

2. Don Bailor

Don Bailor TS Member

Always enjoy stopping in w.v. cabelas but thats just me never been to harrisburg.never seen a Basspro close.

3. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Was there (WV Cabela) a while back. Very Impressive. Aquarium, taxidermy and more. My wife described it as going to a very good museum and art show combined. They also had a very good supply of sporting goods, including firearm related, for sale. We figured it to be a half hour stop. Turned out to be more like two and half hours and left only because we still had a bunch of miles to go.

There was also a candy outlet store in the same area that had a number of unusual and unique candy creations. Yes, we bought some.

4. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

Both the PA and WV facilities make for a nice stop!!

5. Seitz Shooter

Seitz Shooter Member

Hamburg, PA 250,000 square feet

Wheeling, WV 175,000 square feet

Adios, Dirk

6. C-Money

C-Money Member

I have been to 4 Cabelas. Wheeling WV, Post Falls ID, Boise ID, and Lacey WA. Wheeling is by far the best of the 4. Very much worth the stop! Enjoy!

7. Guard Rail

Guard Rail TS Member

The only Cabela's I have been to is in Buda Tx. I would make shure I was there to watch them feed the fish. Those big bass go crazy when they dump those minnows in. I think they feed them at 4:00. That Cabela's is big. They have enough stuff in that store that you are bound to leave with a purchase.

8. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Yep, the WV one is worth the stop, and is very much like the one in Hamburg. There's a sports bar type place up on the hill behind the store that we like very much & they serve up a great bowl of chili. (sorry, the name escapes me)

best...mike

9. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Looks like it'll be about 50 minutes out of my way on my way to OH. Have to make a stop north of Pittsburg, guess I'll play it by ear depending on time and interest level at that point.

10. BOB WEGRZYN

BOB WEGRZYN Member

11. mtneer88

mtneer88 Member

I couldnt agree more! Great store and great people working there. Check out the Gun Library when you are there. This store is always immaculate!! There is a 1.2 million square foot Distribution Center one mile from the store. If the store doesnt have it, they can order it from the D.C. and you can pick up on your way out.

12. deadnout

deadnout Member

ive been to the one in hazelwood mo and the one in fort worth texas. fort worth was the biggest cabelas at the time of my visit. fort worth cabelas was neat. the one fairly close to me in hazelwood mo is ok.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what time do they feed the fish at cabelas in wheeling wv