1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

cabela's ripoff

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dhip, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhip

dhip Active Member

cabela

Not actually a ripoff but poor advertising and customer relations I guess.

Got a catalog beginning of the week.Had Federal target loads for $49.88 a case.Got a promo code today for $5 flat shipping on any purchase $99 or more.So I tried to order 2 cases,just to test it out.Low and behold the advertised shells won't be in stores until June 1st.And,to top that off the promo ends May 29th.Now,don't that just bite the big one.

Doug H.

2. lwr_

lwr_ Member

More than likely they will have some other shipping promotion to take advantage of when the current one expires.

3. grl

grl Member

Go ahead and order them. They'll backorder them and honor the price. I just got some that were back ordered.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    At least you're getting promo codes. I never get any, so I do most of my shopping at Midway now.

5. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

I beleive if you just place the order with the code in the order you will get the deal when the shells come in.

A while back they backordered 6 flats of winchesters and it took 4 weeks to ship, got the free freight and my card was not charged until they shipped.

I have bought a bunch of shotgun shells from Cabelas, some shipped right away some had to wait on, but they always honored the order date.

6. 391 shooter

Bryan,

Get on their web page updates and they will email you all the promotions as they come up.

7. PNT

PNT Member

391 shooter, Yes Cabelas will send you their promotions in e-mail, you get so many it may as well be spam. I asked to not get them anymore as I was getting at least 3 a day!!

8. ring3

ring3 Member

Cabela's seems to have backed of many of the promotional offers. For quite a few years after the Wheeling WV store opened I received more coupons than I could use via USPS. The last couple of years I only recall getting one.

I regularly shop there and will add that it's a great store with excellent customer service. Happy to have them around. More coupons would likely entice me to spend more there.

My guess is they will honor your offer as others have said. Never had that situation come up but they have shipped out of stock things to me from other stores, postage paid.

Rob Ingram

9. 391 shooter

PNT,

That is how I have bought shells for $39.00 to $49.00 a flat (10 boxes) delivered free to my door with no sales tax. Plus on the last order I put in my member number and got another $20.00 off the total. Sweet.

Takes a split second to delete email flyer if not offer I am looking for, no big deal compared to the huge amount of money I have saved over time on tax, gas etc.

10. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I just received 10 flats of the Pink Top Gun shells from Cabelas. That was a sale price of $52 per flat and free shipping. When I ordered, the shopping cart showed them being out of stock but back order was ok. The estimated delay was 2 weeks. Sure enough two weeks later the shells showed up and my card was charged at the sales price and free shipping. I did pay NV sales tax on these as there is a Cabela's store in the area.

Say what you want about Cabelas but in all the years I have bought stuff from them I have yet to feel like I was ripped off. If I did feel that way I'll bet a phone call would straighten things out.

11. surfcitydude

surfcitydude Member

I have purchased several flats of shells from Cabela's throughout the last year and they have always stuck with their prices. Usually free or $5 shipping, fast service, no sales tax and delivered to my front porch. I think they are a top notch retailer and always check with them first on all my outdoor gear. I even purchased a hunting vest and when it arrived I didn't like the way it fit. One call to customer service and the gladly took th evest back and replaced it with another brand of my chaise and Cabelas paid the shipping on the return and the replacement. Number 1 in my book!

12. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Doggai,

Since when does need factor into the equation? Sometimes its good to be the kid in the candy shop with a pocket full of quarters.

Heck if I can't find anything I really want, I will at least buy a few bricks of .22 ammo or maybe get the dogs a new bed or some chew thing.

13. dhip

dhip Active Member

Well,been e-mailing customer service for 2 days now.They said they only can guarantee what's in stock from flier.The fact I pointed out to them hasn't been answered.If I ran up the same day as the flier came,the shells still wouldn't be there,June 1st is the first delivery day.Also asked why they can't back order them with promo code,haven't got an anwer to that either.Seems they are tip toeing around the issue of advertising shells they don't have in stock.Let alone the fact the Promo code came out after advertisement of shells,but mysteriously ends before shells are even in the store.

Doug H.

14. surfcitydude

surfcitydude Member

SO quityerbitchin and go buy someplace else.

15. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Finally, a voice of reason...

16. mtneer88

mtneer88 Member

I have had nothing but really good experiences with Cabela's as well. I find that their return policy is the best around and that the free shipping offers really save a ton of money on the ammunition purchases that I make. I have ordered ammunition before that was out of stock as well and they placed it on back order and honored the old price.

The ammunition manufacturers are at full capacity right now going 24/7 on the presses due to demand. They are missing deadlines for shipping to manufacturers due to the high demand.

Some people go through life thinking that everyone is out to get them. Companies dont stay afloat by not selling product.

17. warren

warren Member

Load your own and you won't have that problem, I bought my RCBS Loader from Cabelas in Reno got a good deal.

warren

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.