1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cabela's raises shell prices. WOW !!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tom Strunk, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

As I was returning from a California trip this morning I thought I would stop at Cabela's and buy some more AA trap loads. This is the store in Glendale, Arizona.

Last time my wife and I were there about three weeks ago the AA's were $59.99 a flat, good price. As I had about $80.00 worth of credit I could apply to a purchase I stopped in. When I got to the shell area all prices were removed and a sign was there telling about the price of lead going way up and they were pricing the shells accordingly. I had a clerk scan the shells for a price and the new price of AA Winchester shell's at Cabela's is --- $81.99 per flat, wow.

I'm sure glad I have enough shells to last me about three years. Hope you are stocked up to.

Tom

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I hate to burst your balloon, but your shooting cost will be as high as somebody going out tomorrow and buying shells at Cabela's.

The shells you have on hand have appreciated. You have made a profit just as much as if you owned a stock and it went up. The difference is that there is very little chance that those shells will ever go down.

So those shells you got for $40 are now worth $ 80. If you take a flat out and shoot them up, that cost you $ 80 -not $40.

It's no different than if you had taken the money you used to by the shells, bought Google stock, doubled your investment, sold the stock, taken that money, and bought the shells from Cabelas at $80. (except for the capital gains tax)

I have shells on hand that I paid $ 35 a flat. Should I sell them, or shoot them? I haven't decided.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Go to Dick's, they are on sale. $34.90 for All Purpuse shells and $59.90 for AAs. HMB

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I think some of us are in for hard times in the near future. Greed mixed with this "bullfrog" jumping economy steered by the oil prices guarantees it. This has to put a hurting on small operations, 1 to 4 trap clubs as a whole, the lifeblood of our organization. Hap

5. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I stopped in at the cabellas in Hoffman Estates, Ill. a couple of days ago. Remington Gun Clubs were $8.99 per box! I was in such disbelief, I had to go back and check the price again.

6. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Remember when you guys sold that reloader? Welcome back.

Rock

Jim

7. lumper

lumper TS Member

hmb ... the all purpose shells are 20ct boxes or .1745 per shell. If I remember correctly the Game Loads (which are the exact same shell) in the 25ct boxes should be selling for .1612 per shell unless they have raised the price again on the game loads in the last week or so.

8. lumper

lumper TS Member

I never thought I would see the day when I could say ... remember when you could get shells for less than $4 a box?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.