1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cabelas Pine Ridge Rifle Scope Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 02, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 02

02 TS Member

I am having a tough time choosing a scope for a Ruger 10/22 Heavy Barrel Target Rifle. Cabelas Pine Ridge series O.K. for the quality ? Or should I go with the Nikon Pro-Staff 2-7x32 ?

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Well, if it's an inexpensive scope you want, check out the Bushnell 3.5-10x 36mm AO Super 17 Banner (in their Dusk to Dawn series) is worth checking out.<br>
    <br>
    My son has one on his Savage .17 HMR bolt action. I then tried one on my Winchester 9417. While I've been an almost fanatical Leupold fan, I have to admit that Bushnell packs a lot into these scopes for the money. The glass is decently bright, the adjustments re-zero, and contrast is good. While the elevation knob is marked for various yardages for the 17 HMR, there is a second elevation knob included that can be used for other cartridges.<br>
    <br>
    Cabelas has this scope for $99.99. I bought mine at Bi-Mart on sale for $89.99.<br>
    <br>
    Speaking of 10-22's, I bought a THIRD one, and put it on my 10-22T.<br>
    <br>
    Yeah, it ain't a Leupold Vari-X II, but hey, for a third of the price you get a lot of scope for your money. This is a budget scope that actually delivers.<br>
    <br>
    One caveat - I have only used this scope on rimfires. I have not tried it on any centerfire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cabelas pine ridge 2-7x32 rifle scope forum