1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cabelas/Made in China

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smsnyder, Aug 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Went to cabelas for hunting boots. Every pair i looked at 20 were made in China. Every other product including clothing i looked was made in China. No wonder there are do jobs here.

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Welcome to Global Merchandising 101....

Curt

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

If they were made in the US could you afford them?

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

You can't help but make money when the workers work all day for a bowl of fish heads and rice.

They don't need a union there, do they?

HM

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

smsnyder, try a Red Wing shoe store. They "might" still have a few US made shoes. Last time there probably half their boots were made in China. I purchased a US made pair, had to pay more but I'm happy.

6. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

If you want something made in the US buy a pair of Russel boots.

Vince McNamara

7. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

+1 on the Russells! Especially if You have an issues with fit; one foot smaller or larger than the other, etc. They cost a bunch more buy I've got a few pairs I've had for 20+ and they are still going strong.

The Chinese made junk falls apart , generally are not rebuildable....waste of money.

FN in MT

8. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

I’ve been a customer of Cabela’s for a long time, but as of yesterday no more. Ordered a new in stock scope for my new .338 last Wednesday. Called exactly 7 days later and they had no idea why it hasn’t shipped or the status. After pinponging through four different people I canceled the order, well today they shipped it and charged my visa. They said I could ship it back for a refund? I guess customer service no longer exists.

9. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

Just think if they started unions in China each worker would probably get four bowels of fish heads and rice instead of just one a day.

I have all my boots hand made in Tucson by Stewart Boot Company.

I will gladly pay more for American made.

halfmile I really mean this I aways look for products that say union made. I always did. I like quality. But rare today.

10. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

There are 3 reasons i will not shop in Cabela's:

1.Everything in that store is made in China!

2. They lease large land holdings form owners in states like Montana that they use for paid hunts via Cabela's. This is land that we the public were allowed to hunt!

3. They are a big box store that is /has put out of business all of the long time sporting goods stores that we used to trade at for generations.

Pull together a bunch of stuffed animals on display and a bunch of over priced stuff from China and we will come!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
cabelas and china
cabelas china

cabelas made in china

cabelas outsource products from china