1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cabela's: In Your Face!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dickgshot, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I opened my copy of the Chicago Sun-Times this morning and what to my surprise did I find? A flyer for Cabela's, with ads for not only Remington 11-87's and 870's, but Sig-Sauer, Glock ($50 off), Hi-Standard, Smith & Wesson, and Taurus (Save up to $70).

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Hope its Cabela's and not the local government that ultimately has the last laugh.

3. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I don't get it!

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Hipshot, Cook cCounty is trying to outlaw the siting of FFL's within 15 miles of each other. This will shut down many gun shops. Cabelas, whom I understand is affected by this, placed the ad apparently in defiance of this proposed legislation.

5. tomk2

tomk2 Member

I heard the Sun Times was going bankrupt?

For those who don't get it, Suburban Cabelas is advertising in a Chicago newspaper products the city of Chicago thinks should be illegal (AKA Handguns).

And in case you haven't driven out to the new Cabelas yet, it is worth the trip. I haven't found the used gun prices to be any great deals, but I have bought more than one new firearm that have been better priced than Gander Mtn and other local firearm stores.

6. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Thanks Brian.....I get it now!

7. tomk2

tomk2 Member

"After Murdoch sold the paper (ironically, to buy its former sister television station WFLD to launch the Fox network) the Sun-Times was acquired by Hollinger International, controlled, indirectly, by controversial Canadian born businessman Conrad Black. After Black and his associate David Radler were indicted for skimming money from Hollinger International, through retaining noncompete payments from the sale of Hollinger newspapers, they were removed from the board, and Hollinger International was renamed as the Sun-Times Media Group."

And then they also got caught in the whole falsified circulation scandal. But you are probably correct, bankruptcy is probably just a fantasy of those who wish it would just go away.

"Although its circulation (particularly home-delivery) and advertising revenue are smaller than those of the rival Chicago Tribune, the Sun-Times makes more money on the newsstand. "

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.