1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cabela's has Estate Ammo on sale for $52.99 !!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ysr_racer, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Cabela

Cabela's has Estate Ammo on sale for $52.99 / No shipping charge !!

No Tax / No Shipping Charge

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Estate-SuperSport-Target-Shotshells/741174.uts?WTz_l=SBC%3BMMcat104792580%3Bcat104691780%3BMCcat104567580

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I think you will have a tax if Cabelas has a store in your state.

3. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I ordered 6 flats delivered UPS to my door, free shipping. I wonder what Cabelas has to pay to deliver 150 pounds, six packages at 25 pounds each, UPS?

4. Cuky

Cuky Member

Can You use the hulls for reloading?

5. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

They have paper base wads and are straight walled hulls. Some people reload them, maybe once, and then throw them. Most people at our club just toss them. We throw out garbage cans full of them. Mark

6. WCR

WCR TS Member

I am sure they get a better rate than we do but it cost $62.50 to ship a 125 lb. engine from Eastern Indiana to Central Missouri. UPS ground.

I would not think they would pay that type of shipping expense.

Bill

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Free shipping if ordered by 11/30/11

8. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Be careful when you order. Here's my Cabela's story.

Earlier this year, February/March timeframe, Cabels's had Estate's on sale for $49.99 a flat. My buddy and I wanted a bunch, and there is one about 30 miles away, so I gave them a call. They didn't have any in stock, but said they would order what I wanted for the sale price. They connected me to the store's customer service desk and they said we had to come in to order because in Illinois you have to have a FOID card and they needed to see it. So we take a drive up after work the next day.

Between the two of us we order 70 cases of light 8's. We were surprised they had them in stock (in the warehouse) and we asked the girl a bunch of times that she was sure she ordered the light 8's. Yes, yes, yes - so we paid and away we went.

They called about a week later to let us know our shells were in. We took my buddy's SUV and headed to pick them up. We showed up at the service desk and told them who we were, and they almost threw a party for us. They were very happy to see us. We found out why when they rolled out two flatbed carts full of shells, way more volume than 70 cases of shells should be. Turns out Cabela's packed each flat of shells in another, larger box and included a shipping list and catalog in each box, along with a couple of bags of air to keep things from sliding around. No way we could get all of that in the SUV, so they rolled the carts out front and we borrowed a box cutter and proceeded to take the shells out of the packing boxes so we could get them in the vehicle.

First box I cut open contained Handicap 8's. Cut open another one, same thing. Tried a third, same thing. Went to the other flatbed cart, cut one open, Handicap 8's. And another. Sales guy was standing there and I told him these were not the shells we ordered. The look on his face was priceless.

We ended up being there for over 3 hours, mostly because the guy from Cabela's was trying to figure out how to do the return/re-order without being stuck with 70 cases of shells. We also had to spend about an hour on the re-order, in which they finally just let us behind the counter so we could look at the computer, to make sure that they were re-ordering the correct shells. They also let us know the shells were out of stock so it would take a few weeks to get them. Not a big problem, we needed them by early April before we headed to San Antonio and the shooting season in our area begins.

After a few weeks, now mid-March we have no shells. I had 50 flats coming, and customer service from Cabela's corporate called me to say they still didn't have any in stock. I asked if they might have any at other stores. They checked and found a store in Pennsylvania had enough to fill my entire order, said they would have them sent to my store. They called back later to tell me it wasn't possible because the truck that goes between stores didn't have a HazMat permit. I told him shells weren't HazMat, and they eventually put the store manager on the line with me, and he had no idea but just said it was policy they couldn't ship shells from a store.

As we got close to the end of March I called them and said just to cancel the order because I would need to get shells from somewhere else before my trip. No problem there, but when the lady from customer service (corporate) figured my refund it was $25 too much. I told her that was more than I paid, so then she said "oh yeah, you had a coupon", which I didn't. Eventually she just confirmed what I paid and credited my card for that amount. Before I hung up though, she wanted to confirm my address so they could ship my gift card. A gift card? Why are you sending me a gift card? Well, she explained, because I bought so much stuff I was entitled to a gift card. I tried to explain to her that I really didn't buy anything, but she was unconvinced, so about a week later I got a gift card.

The store got stuck with the 70 flats of shells, another buddy of mine saw them stacked up on the sales floor when he was in there a couple of weeks later. My friend finally got his 20 cases, and again they were shipped to the store each in a separate box.

Scott

9. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Funny story !!

When they ship them to my house, they do the same thing. Each case in its own box. I don't get it either.

10. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

The on line orders are great. Got my Win Super targets for $49.99 per flat, no shipping,no tax to my door step. You can't beat that,Clyde Doll

11. DeAdLy.90T

DeAdLy.90T Member

I have been ordering shells from cabelas for years online with not one issue. Every year around thanksgiving they offer awsome deals, so thats when I load up.

12. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Sometimes I scare myself. I just sent a couple cases to my buddies in AZ and FL.

Wanna guess where I'm going to shoot?

13. bino1957

bino1957 TS Member

Cabelas shows shipped to store only in ad

14. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Nope, go all the way thru it and you can enter a shipping address.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.