1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cabela's Coming to Columbus Ohio 2013

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jfan517, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfan517

jfan517 Member

Cabela's coming to Polaris in 2013

News
    Local News
    SIDNEY, Neb. — Cabela’s announced today it will open a store at Polaris, at Gemini Parkway and Interstate 71 on the north side of Columbus, by next spring.

The 80,000-square-foot store will be the outfitter’s first Ohio store. It is expected to employ up to 175 full- and part-time employees.

The exterior will be what Cabela customers will recognize. The inside will use the company’s “next-generation layout, designed to surround customers in an outdoor experience, including conservation-themed wildlife displays and trophy animal mounts displayed on a mountain,” according to a press release. It will have a 5,575-gallon aquarium, gun library, “bargain cave” and fudge shop.

Construction is expected to start this spring.

Cabela’s will open six new stores this year. Stores in Grandville, Mich., and Louisville, Ky., are also expected to open in 2013.

2. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Just minutes from the Cardinal Center.
    Doug Allison

3. jfan517

jfan517 Member

18 miles south of Cardinal Center to be exact.

4. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Now you will have to pay the Ohio state sales tax for anything you order from the on-line catalog. It happened to us in Indiana when they opened the Merrillville store. Hope you live close to Columbus they have awesome stores.

Wayne

5. jfan517

jfan517 Member

Whether you buy on-line or pay at the counter you'll still have to pay the Ohio sales tax.

6. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

Yep, and don't forget there are no bargins there. Shot is $60 a bag, primers are $40 per thousand etc....

7. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

Cabelas is a shadow of its former self. Customer service is poor, unless you are an avg sized person, clothing selection is non existent, prices are above average, warranty and returns are a hassle. They are following a model towards bankruptcy.

Chip

8. JRBarrett

JRBarrett TS Member

Looks like shooting practice on Saturdays at Cardinal next spring will take a little bit longer.

9. jfan517

jfan517 Member

JRBarrett I'll agree with that can't wait till next spring !!

10. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

I will agree most things are full retail but not one time has Cabelas forced me to buy there. I have found some exceptional deals on clothing and hunting clothing there----and I am not average as I am 260 lbs. I do not buy any reloading or guns there, but would IF the price is right. I also have the cabela's card with over 400.00 dollars in points---at no cost to me, as I have had the benefits of their credit card for over 10 years and never have paid one cent in interest. The deal with having to pay tax for on-line orders sucks (if they have an in-state store), but how many more years do you thing we have till all states make an agreement with each other to collect sales tax for every state.

11. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

deercreek, you carry your weight well for being 5'6" !!! I wouldn't have guessed over 245 (LOL..), regardless, I agree, if one 'shops' there are some very good deals from time to time at Cabelas.

We had one that was going to open up near Greenwood, IN, and Cabelas kanked the deal last minute. They are phenomenal stores to have nearby when one 'needs' something quick that Gander Mountain, etc... doesn't carry in stock!

I am also partial to Bass Pro for that same reason.

12. jfan517

jfan517 Member

It will be interesting to see if Cabelas, puts any sponsorship money towards the shoots at Cardinal Center.

13. JRBarrett

JRBarrett TS Member

I won't buy guns or components there, lucky to have 2 awesome stores here to take care of that. Really like Cabela's hunting clothing though.

14. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

Bet my husband will not complain about my Saturday practice at the Cardinal Center now, if I bribe him with the trip to Cabelas.

15. Franktri

Franktri Member

Whatever happened to the Cabelas that was supposed to come to Xanadu,in New Jersey?

16. WGB

WGB Member

They put a Cabelas in near my area but after walking through it I don't have too much interest in going back. Half the store is camo clothing and just about every cheesy item in the whole place is made in China. Pretty sad.

I kept bumping into invisible fat guys dressed in camo, couldn't see them they blended in so well. Ha, Ha.

17. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

All Cabelas are not created equal. I've been to two, one in Hamburg PA, and one in Dundee MI. The one in Hamburg blows the one in Dundee out of the water. The one in Dundee isn't much more than an overgrown Bass Pro or Gander Mtn. Hamburg had a bigger/better selection of higher end target shotguns, a MUCH better trophy game display, and just an overall "grander" feel.

@ 80K square ft, this will probably not be an impressive store (Hamburg is a quarter million, and Dundee is slightly smaller then that). I have a gander mtn 3 miles from my house thats over 100K, and its a pile...

18. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

I have nothing but accolades for Cabela's merchandise and their customer services. I have grandkids in southern Michigan, and visit the Dundee store when there. We outfit the boys in Cabela's from the sale catalogs or what used to be the Bargain Cave. Every problem I've ever had, usually instigated but my ruff-house boys has been taken care of instantly, and with a smile.

I look forward to a Columbus store within minutes of Cardinal.

Kip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.