1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cabela's/Bass Pro Shops Deal Struggling

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by rapid86, Feb 16, 2017.

1. rapid86

rapid86 Well-Known Member

2. Dukefan

Dukefan K-80 Trap Special TS Supporters

Good! I don't care for capital one.

3. extopfuel

extopfuel Member

Agreed on the Capital One opinion and thanks for posting as I had no idea my favorite credit card is possibly changing hands.

4. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

What'sa matter with Capital One ?

5. Dukefan

Dukefan K-80 Trap Special TS Supporters

Got into a pi$$ing match with their credit card customer service several years ago. Canceled my Capital One card and told them I would never do business with them again.

Floorplate thanked this.
  6. kirk37

kirk37 Active Member

The general opinion at the Cabelas that I frequent is that the employees that have been there for A while, Are glad that it is hitting pitfalls. They look at Bass Pro compared to Cabelas and don't like what this merger will cost them in $$$ and benefits.

7. yellowlab

yellowlab Member

I look at it as one less big box store for competition and what that could do to prices. Also, what could happen to "Cabelas" branded products, most of which have gotten a pretty good rep for value/price. New company coming in looking to streamline things and save pennies could have a neg impact.

8. DuckNut

DuckNut Well-Known Member

The have a very loud mouth LIBERAL as their spokesman.

ganger thanked this.
  9. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Many, many, many gun/shooting organizations, hunting and conservative groups accuse Capital One of being very anti gun.

10. DCC

DCC Member Verified Youth Coach/Director

Wished cabelas would have purchased bass pro it might have made there quality better. I just visited the new bass pro in memphis 2 times last weekend it was a really nice set up fish, ducks and all but good quality clothing and sale items just stay at home and order off of cabelas!

11. acbeddoe

acbeddoe Active Member

The prices at BassPro in NH are higher than those at Cabela's in MA even with the 6.25% sales tax in MA.
    I have read that the Cabela's brands would be retained, but I am not optimistic about this deal. :02:

12. two shoes

two shoes Member Verified Youth Coach/Director

I am not at all thrilled that a merger was even possible. I love Cabela's and like Bass Pro but would not want to loose either one. Loss of diversity of product and competition and the consumer looses out. I do tend to swing toward Cabela's more due to the selection of what I want and better prices most of the time. That and Cabela's employees have been outstanding as far as customer service.

Rick Barker thanked this.
  13. DuckNut

DuckNut Well-Known Member

This merger is also gaining attention from the trade commission on anti trust issues. The last time they got involved was for the merger of T-mobile and AT&T. Once they show up it usually spells doom as they will talk with all of the competitors to gauge the effect on the consumer.

14. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Have yet to enter either store since they opened in Alberta. A 130 mile drive hardly seems worth it when I won't be buying anything.

15. ChiefR53

ChiefR53 TS Member

I would not be sorry if the merger does not happen. I've always viewed Bass Pro as a step down from Cabelas in quality. In any event, one less source for our toys is a loss.

16. o-hale

o-hale Well-Known Member

I hope it does fail.
    The more competition the lower the prices for all of us.
    That being said, neither of these are known for low prices.