1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cabela's Avoid Buying Ammo Look!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dustoff, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dustoff

Dustoff Member

Cabela

I recently purchased ten flats of 12 ga. trap loads that were on sale at Cabela's. When they arrived, I found there was a shipping error, and the wrong size was sent. I contacted Cabela's and was informed they had a no return policy on ammo. I replied that I understood, but expected to receive what I ordered. After explaining the problem to three young ladies that wouldn't know a 2 3/4 dram from a 3, or a 7 1/2 from a 8 shot, I was told that I couldn't reorder the right item as it was no longer available at that price, and that they would offer a $20.00 gift certificate. I'm furious, what has happened to customer service. Please mention this to your fellow shooters. What would you do? Thanks for your input.

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

How did you order them? On the website, on the phone? What does your receipt say? Does it list the right loads or the loads you got? I ordered 6 flats of Estates over the phone and had a long conversation with the young lady until we both agreed on what I was ordering. Not all the different loads were on sale. Worst case, just chock it up to a confusion, and shoot them, or take them to the range and sell them. There was a long thread on one of the forums about a guy that sent his wife to Walmart to buy shells and she brought home the wrong ones. No returns on ammo seems to be a universal policy. Mark

3. Dustoff

Dustoff Member

I disagree, are you saying that if you order .410 ammo and receive 16 gauge you should write it off. You can't be serious!

4. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

what did you order and what did you get?

7 1/2's or 8's?

raise enough hell and you can get the whole program of ammo over the internet stopped. they do not make enough profit on this program. Nat'l sales manager will say, strew em'. I've bought Cabelas ammo for 10 years, Never had a prob. lucky me,... or maybe I know how to articulate. or type corr!$%$%ectly :0)

5. Dustoff

Dustoff Member

I ordered the right item, the order and packing slip reflected this. The wrong item was shipped.

6. Dustoff

Dustoff Member

Sure, buy a Porsche on ebay that states sold as is. Receive a Pinto, and write ot off as experience. Please use a little common sense.

7. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Did you pay buy credit card? If you did, click on the above link on how to dispute the service. You can also call the BBB, companies hate to deal with them and be on their list of bad guys. I called the BBB on Dicks, and I now get rain-checks on ammo. You can also call your state Attorney General and file a complaint. The services you paid for are not correct.

Wayne

8. Dustoff

Dustoff Member

Thanks Wayne. I plan to do so!

9. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

what did you get dusty? We are talking about explosives here.

one day, loaded ammo, powder, primers, none of that will be available except through government licensed permits.

10. Dustoff

Dustoff Member

Real simple, ordered one item received a different item, I'm trying to make this brief. Thanks!

11. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

who cares about your briefs

12. Oregunner

Here is Cabelas return policy. http://www.cabelas.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=ReturnsPolicy&WTz_l=Footer%3Bcms1246
    No returns on ammo. Good luck. Maybe a good reason to buy in person. Mark

13. Dustoff

Dustoff Member

I understand the policy. They also sell shotguns, lets say you order a Model 12 28 gauge and they ship a 12 gauge. No problem?

14. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

Call Cabelas...ask for a customer service manager......explain the situation. I would be very surprised if they dont make it right.

15. Dustoff

Dustoff Member

I did just that, which is why I posted this.

16. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

this happened to another shooter....don't know if it was on here or on another forum...what finally happened was the guy was able to take the ammo to the local LE to have them "dispose" of it and get a letter from them verifying he dropped off the ammo. Then he sent the letter to Cabela's and they refunded him his money.

17. DeAdLy.90T

DeAdLy.90T Member

Man that sucks to hear...I have been ordering ammo from cabelas for years and never had a problem. Always order online too...matter of fact I just ordered 5 flats of estates for 54.99 w/ free shipping before they sold out!

18. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I orders a vest from them at X $. They sent me the correct vest but it had a sale hanging tag on it that said it was $10.00 less then I paid for it. I wasn't a happy person and I let them know it. They in time made it right but I felt they were purposely trying to rip me off. $10.00 is $10.00's.

19. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

Cabelas may be the worst customer service in the whole outdoors industry. A 180 degree turn around from where they were a decade ago when they were the best.

20. Oregunner

I run the counter at our gun club, and have swapped out boxes and even flats of ammo with shooters that got the wrong stuff by mistake. Hopefully what you got is target ammo, and probably is wanted by someone. If it doesn't work out to return it, take it to the club, and swap it or sell it. Or just shoot it. IMO, even if you lose a little, it isn't worth the emotional trauma of stewing over it. Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.