1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cabelas and CCW??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapshootin hippie, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Have heard others say that Cabela's has a table setup, after entering the store, for ya to check your firearms. Anyone hear of this?

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

If it is it is for firearms brought in to sell, trade or repair. Does not apply to CCW. They, or other sporting good stores, don't want customers walking around with firearms.

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

My understanding also, it's for checking guns to be sold/repaired/returned....

4. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Thanks folks, musta got some bad info. Thanks again, couldn't imagine them not letting us carry there.

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Anyone carrying a firearm must check it in with the courtesy desk at Bass Pro Shops, too. I've never tried walking in with my 1911 in its holster, so I don't know what their policy is with regard to permit holders.

Ed

6. mobear

mobear Member

The cabela's in dundee has a sign on the door about checking in firearms if they are being brought into the store for repair, trade, ect. It also states that this does not apply to customers who have a ccw and are carrying.

Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.