1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ca State Shoot: suggestions from last year

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ajc, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajc

ajc Member

After last year's California State Shoot, I posted the following on ts.com:

"I have two suggestions for next year. The first is that the Zone team shoot should have been concurrent with another event. It took a long time to get to the shootoffs as everyone except the zone teams wrapped up shooting long before the shootoffs that night.

The other is a recurring problem. For several years I camped across from E or F bank. This year we got a great spot by the river. And I enjoy wandering around the grounds, catcing up with other shooters, the vendors, etc. BUT in most places trying to hear the loudspeaker announcements is futile. It's not the person speaking but the number and location of speakers. You simply can't hear announcements reliably unless you are in the immediate vicinity of the clubhouse. The club or CGSTA have got to add more speakers, or perhaps they could broadcast a low power frequency that could be picked up by a radio anywhere on the grounds. Over the years, I have known numerous people who missed their shootoffs simply because there score was borderline-shootoff and they couldn't hear their shoot off call. In my own group (8-10 people) this year two shooters never heard their call; one missed their shootoff entirely (found out the next day) and the other only found out because one of our group was at the clubhouse and ran to the far end of the river campground to tell him. He made his shoot off by running all the way back. He made it but was pretty flustered by the time he got to the sign in table.

What would it take to make announcements audible throughout all the campsites?"

I made the direct cut and paste because it is notable that both of these issues were addressed, and mostly corrected. The Zone team shoot was done concurrently with the Singles Championship; and the Kingsburg club updated their PA system, and added an FM radio broadcast. While the broadcast was not perfect, it was a significant improvement over past years, and it allowed me to hear that wonderful aspect of a first call: my name.

Thanks to the Kingsburg club, and to all the Directors, volunteers, and workers, it was another CLASS ACT.

ajc

2. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Ya shoulda asked for free beer too. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.