1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CA Lead Ammo Ban STATEWIDE ATTEMPT

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wireguy, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

FROM THE "WE KNEW IT WAS COMING" DEPARTMENT

NRA Members' Councils of California

CALNRA: Fish & Game Commission Expanding Lead Ammo Ban STATE-WIDE
    2/5/2009 3:00 PM - PLEASE DISTRIBUTE WIDELY

02/05/2009 - Today, the NRA Members' Councils of California learned that the California Fish & Game Commission is planning to add the state-wide expansion of the limited lead ammunition ban (AB 821) to their hearing agenda for 2009.

The California Fish & Game Commission is beginning the steps to justify a state-wide expansion of the Lead Ammo Ban that currently affects only certain hunting zones. The path is being cleared for a series of hearings in which pro-lead ban proponents can make the case for California-wide implementation of AB 821.

Please contact the Commission and voice your strong opposition to this plan. Visit and bookmark...
    http://calnra.com/legs.shtml?year=2009&summary=leadban
    ...for ONE-CLICK Contact Tools, more contact information and updates.

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

...and furthermore they don't want to hear from us about it.

"The public comment period regarding "method of take" and "lead ammunition" is now closed. Please see our website, www.fgc.ca.gov, for all open public comment periods involving the Fish and Game Commission and California Code of Regulations."

Thank you.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The title has to be amended.

"California, land of Fruits and Nuts, and also Pukes.

HM

4. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Not sure why anyone even lives in Kalifornia anymore. VERY business unfriendly, full of angry queers, home of Nazi Pelosi, hostile toward gun rights, infested with gang violence, english is no longer the primary language there and I'm sure there's more that I'm missing.

I have met some really nice folks from there at trap shoots and they sure seem to be in the minority "out there". Good luck living on the "left coast".

5. waterhouselake

waterhouselake TS Member

I hope they do go with a total lead ban. The Ca Fish & Game is already hurting. The sales of big game licenses in the lead ban area is down and so are overall licenses. For a state already hurting for revenue this will insure more layoffs in government. Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch of a--h---s.......

6. bigk

bigk TS Member

Brownk80,I think he was being sarcastic.

K

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

That is another reason I moved out of Kalifornia in 2001.. Was I the last trapshooter, and white guy to leave? What a crap state.........Give it back to the Mexicans........

8. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

Having been born and raised in California I've seen many changes. California was one of the last states to stop the use of lead shot for waterfowl. The movement, I think started on the east coast, and we were scheduled for a certain year, then no more lead for waterfowl. I watched many very good duck clubs close up. The Fish and Game Commission rented thousands of acres and no one was allowed to hunt on it.

It was sad to see so many duck/goose clubs go out of business because of the steel or should I say non-toxic. I quit hunting ducks and geese and never fired one round of steel until we moved to Missouri. It felt like I was shooting confetti.

The California Fish and Game officers are actually very nice people. The agency from the political point has turned the helpful into a policing agency.

When we arrived in Missouri we called the Department of Conservation for some help with the soil and a pond. The gentleman came out and was very pleasant, gave us some suggestions and asked if our pond was "stocked". I told him I didn't think so. He says, "I'll send you some paperwork and we'll give you the right amount of fish to stock your pond. The fish are yours and all we ask is you fish it". Remember the Game Wardens, as they are called in California, are very nice but as for the political end of the state, well, you know about that story.

Many states will see an influx of retired people from California. These people will be tired of the California way of doing things, (politics) and want a much more friendly state in regards to shooting and CCW. California will lose it's money base and need to be bailed out every year. Just my opinion having lived there for over 45 years. Michael

9. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

shot410ga you weren't the last, but the state is losing them fast. I know of at least 2 other trapshooters who I knew in CA in 2003 who left and live near me in Idaho. None of us has looked back with regret. What is so sad is that it was the best state to live in. My great-grandfather came there from Ireland after serving in the American Army WWI (to realize his dream of becoming an American citizen). He built a big house in Pasadena and raised a family. My mom used to tell me about all the orchards that you could see for miles, that have all been replaced with low-rent housing and graffiti, not to mention masses of people dependent on government from the cradle to the grave.

It's so sad to see what has been done to what was literally paradise.

Jennifer

10. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

I just now finished reading an Update from the NSSF Director of Public Affairs, Ted Novin about traditional ammunition and a blood lead level study done by the Centers for Disease Control. I won't bore you with details but I'd like to offer two quotes from the article:
    1. "The CDC results concerning the safety of traditional ammunition are conclusive."
    2. "These politcally driven groups understand that while an outright ban on hunting would be nearly impossible to achieve, dismantling the culture of hunting one step at a time is a realistic goal. Banning lead ammunition is the first step of this larger political mission."

If California bans lead ammo it will be for political, not scientifically factual reasons. I share your frustrations.

11. warren

warren Member

I'm a native California boy and have just recently moved out of the state. My house cost a third of what it would have there my taxes are less, my pickup registration was a full $200 less and I didn't have to stand in line to pay plus the clerk was actually friendly. Calif. is on the road to ruin and the politicians have no concept of what they are doing the lead ban is only another step. I lived there for 60 years and I really am glad to be out of there.

warren

12. waterhouselake

waterhouselake TS Member

Brownk80...It's my understanding the ban is for hunting. So relax and take a couple prozacs. I do live here. I have no intention of purchasing another hunting license or any big game tags from the state of California again. They put my hunting areas in the condor no lead bullet zone. If the AH in government can't afford bread, let 'em eat cake! When no money comes into the F&G coffers they can issue all the government employees IOU's. This state and their elected reps can all go to the infernal regions for all I care.

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Michael, quote: <i>"Many states will see an influx of retired people from California. These people will be tired of the California way of doing things, (politics) and want a much more friendly state in regards to shooting and CCW. California will lose it's money base and need to be bailed out every year. Just my opinion having lived there for over 45 years."</i><br>
    <br>
    Unfortunately, we in Oregon are getting a large influx of Californians here, both retired and working (and "other"). They don't seem to have learned one damn thing because they come up here and vote for the same crap that they're fleeing from.

14. waterhouselake

waterhouselake TS Member

Brian explain to me why only two of your 5 Oregon Congressional delegates are native Oregonians? One Congressman is a native of Taiwan. Two others are from Ma and CT. Do you think having loads of out of staters as new residents is something new? Try checking the obituaries in any California paper. You'd be lucky to see half that are natives of California. ...

here's your congressmen..http://bluebook.state.or.us/national/reps/reps.htm'....

here's your Senators...http://bluebook.state.or.us/national/senators/senators01.htm I see Wan Wyden is from KS.

15. Brian in Oregon

waterhouselake, please rephrase your post so it's understandable.<br>
    <br>
    I am talking about voters.

16. waterhouselake

waterhouselake TS Member

Brian ....It appears that Californians to not comprise all the immigrants to Oregon from other states, judging from your Congressional delegations origins.

17. Brian in Oregon

OK, waterhouselake, I see your erroneous point. You are basing the makeup of our state on three congressional representatives. How about trying it with a larger pool, like VOTERS?

18. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

I spoke with two different game wardens recently and they both expect that hunting will be TOTALLY banned in Kalifornia within the next 5 to 10 years!!As said above Contact your senators and elected officials the NRA,SCI, anyone who will help us with this horrible situation!!I am not going to give up my hunting rights!!PJ

19. waterhouselake

waterhouselake TS Member

Brian ....it seems that you're trying to put anyone with a previous CA address in one category. We all know there were no Oregonian Democrats. On a serious note, the real reason for the dislike of CA people moving to Oregon is that they have bid up the real estate. Oregon has no sales tax. Whoopi do!! The Oregon state income tax is graduated and is only 3/10ths of a percent lower than CA. The property tax in Portland is higher than any property in CA. Instead of passing a sales tax in lieu of an income tax, like WA state, and get tourists and visitors to help pay your load, Oregon continues to hose the resident...

20. zap

zap TS Member

I was born and raised primairly in California. and as far as hunting and gun owners rights , i seriously suggest that if these rights are important to you as an individual, you get out soon.

I moved to Idaho about 5 years ago for the sole purpose to be able to exercise my right to hunt and fish and own guns as i saw the writing on the wall in Calif.

California will end up being Mexifornia before my life is over because of the wealthy liberals that simply dont give a damn as it wont effect them from a financial stand point .

REMEMBER THE ALAMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eventually, the state will give in to the Mexican influence and that of other minorities, eventually the Mexicans will experience the same concerns we presently have , when some other nationality takes then over.

PELOSIE AND HER GROUP OF CRONIES DONT HAVE A FRICKING CLUE AS TO WHATS GOING ON

Our rock star president is a flash in the pan in the greater sceam of things .

He and the rest of his cronies do not see the big picture down the road, all they see is their own agendas, at the present time. None of them are looking ahead!! The present is all they see!!.

I have said many times to my close friends that i am gald i am the age i am as i (hopefully) will be dead and gone before the total colapse of our nation takes place!!!!1

I am not a dooms day believer but if you back up and truley take stock of whats happening, you must realize that we as a nation are in a very difficult time, finances aside, its the general attitude of the american people that will bring us to the ultimate ruin as they are no longer willing to FIGHT for what is right!!!!!!! GOD HELP US , AS WE WILL NEED IT VERY SOON!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.