1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CA ATA State Shoot Vendors

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by starshot2b, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Will any of the vendors be there during the preliminary days, particularly the Perazzi folks?

2. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Kingsburg has raised the price to vendors over the last few years where fewer and fewer can afford to show up. Really too bad. Fred

3. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

You might want to call someone from Kingsburg and they could let you know who is going to be there on the Pre-State days...hopefully the Perazzi folks will be there...but I am sure that there will be some there early as the the SCTP shoots on the 20th.

Kym

4. Vickie

Vickie Member

Just got off the phone with Lucio from Perazzi USA and he said he would be there around noon on Sat. the 20th. He said Giacomo would be there later in the week and Stocker John should be there the first part of next week.

See you all there.

Vickie

5. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

Fred

You should know the facts before shooting off your mouth on a public forum.

Vince McNamara

6. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Thanks ladies for the info.

7. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Vince: You should be a little nicer... Speaking of facts; have you taken count of the number or lack there of of the vendors now at the shoot compared to ten or even five years ago? When I talk to the vendors their complaint is the cost of the spots and the fuel for the vehicles. Try a Xanax before you get on a "public forum" and display your rudeness. Fred

8. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I saw that movie with Fred Burns and some other old timer.

9. ajc

ajc Member

I don't know Fred or Vince. I'm not a vendor, so I have no dog in this, but I do note that there are fewer vendors in recent years than say, 5 or 10 years ago. I also don't think this is the correct forum for this to be discussed and resolved. But I would encourage someone to bring it up at the annual meeting at the State Shoot, and let's get the facts.

For example:
    What are vendor fees over the past 5 or 10 years?
    What are they being charged this year?
    Have any vendors commented/complained that they will not return due to the cost of space?
    What reasons do vendors give for not returning/attending the shoot?

ajc

10. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

A BIG reason that alot of the vendors so not come to the CA shoots have to do with the gun buying restrictions in this state... I know the fees that Kingsburg charges ( FYI...it is not the CGSTA that is charging the fees) for a vendor space is reasonalble for the week...But if the memebers want to bring this up at the annual meeting then that is the opportunity to bring it up....that is why it is a public meeting..

Kym Hughes
    Central Zone Director

11. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Vendors expenses, like everything else, have increased. It seems to me that charging a vendor ANY fee is counter-productive to a shoot. Many shooters are enticed to attend a shoot just because there will be a fair number of vendors there. Vendors need customers to support their business and we need the vendors to supply us with our needs. I think giving vendors a free ride would produce more shooters, and more revenue for the club, in the long run, than charging a vendor space rent does. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth to charge a vendor anything to sell his wares at a shoot I'm attending. He is there to help me get what I need, and, in the process, he has to pay someone to do it. It just doesn't seem right to me, and in the end, I have to pay a higher price because the vendor needs to make his profit too. It's unfortunate, but, some clubs think their shoots are so great that they can charge a vendor whatever they want to do business. They seldom give credit to the vendors for helping that club build up that shoot by just being there. A couple cases in point: How many shooters would not attend the California State Shoot if Lucio or Giacomo were not going to show up? How many would attend the Golden West Grand if Giacomo didn't come? It has to be a give and take situation. Trapshooting is facing some hard times, and I would hope that clubs would try to help their vendors by either reducing their fees, or doing away with them altogether. If a club has to depend on vendors fees to make a shoot successful, they are doing something radically wrong... Just my thoughts..... Dan Thome (Trap2)

12. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Good points Dan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.