1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

c&h recoil reducers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dave kr, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave kr

dave kr TS Member

I just bought a new Browning XT and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they use the chamber model reducer in their o/u when shooting singles? Does it reduce recoil significantly? Are there any drawbacks to using this in the top barrel? Thanks Dave

2. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I have C&H (4 oz. model) or Staub (6 oz. model) installed in several 870's including both field guns and trap guns.

The 870 has a hole in the butt stock for the stock bolt that makes installation very easy.

The added weight of itself helps tame recoil and I suspect that the mercury in an enclosed baffeled cylinder also helps.

At any rate, recoil is reduced a little and the 2 3/4 dram 1 1/8 oz loads I shoot are very managable in an 8 1/2 lb. 870 trap grade.

One benefit with the weight in the stock it balances out the weight of the 30" barrel and makes (to me) the muzzle to feel a little lighter.

Please note that if you shoot 1 1/4 oz. at 1330 fps you will feel it.

Ed Ward

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

c&h recoil reducers