1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

C&H Mercury Recoil Reducer In BT-99?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pull-it!, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pull-it!

Pull-it! Member

Doe anyone know if you can install a C&H Mercury Recoil Reducer into the stock of a BT-99 without to many modifications?

2. SpeedyWho

SpeedyWho Active Member

I have one in the stock of my BT and I can hear it a lot lately. I took it out and checked it out, its not leaking but its way louder. It has a gurgle sound. It fits in there tight and I even packed in cotton balls around it. with no luck.

I might just take it out, and add a tube of shot around the same weight. MIKE

3. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have one on my BT99. Just put some elect tape on it. It will stop the rattle. If it is to short just add some rubber washer that you can get at a hardware store. That will take care if the rattle.

4. Pull-it!

Pull-it! Member

Any more info?

5. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

I had two-it was a BT 99 from the late 80's and allems installed a bear trap reducer and then I also installed a C & H Mercury. Black tape to make it a tight fit-no movement. Next day I went out & shot a 96 x 100 in handicap.

I don't know if they still make the Edwards recoil reducer but they can install 2 of them also and they adj for left or right handed shooter to direct recoil away from face.

6. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

They used to make the C & H in different sizes, both length and diameter and even used to custom make sizes, not sure if they still do. I have had many and still use one in my gun today.

7. AEP

AEP Member

Why not just add 12 oz of lead in the stock. It is very easy to do, It's cheap, and I don't think you could tell the difference, except the reduction in recoil. I did this to my wifes BT-99 Plus. Made a BIG difference in felt recoil. I bought sheet lead and cut it up in little 1/4" squares.

Just a thought,
    Andy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

c & h mercury recoil reducer

c & h recoil management

c and h recoil reducer

c and h research recoil reducer

c&h mercury recoil reducer

edwards recoil reducer vs c & h mercury recoil reducer
installing c&h recoil reducer in magazine tube