1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

C.C. Seitz

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by slik, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slik

slik TS Member

Was wondering if any of you could tell me some history on C.C. Seitz. A few years ago I bought a set of K32 barrels from a retired Flyer shooter. He said Seitz had done work on the barrels and that they were killing machines. He was right, they are.

What I noticed was that my hits were not as explosive as with other guns BUT the birds just seemed to wilt. After shooting some paper the pattern was extremely evan, no hot core. A full working pattern. Just curious.

Slik

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

try this...

Subject: Seitz
    Email:
    Date: 25-Jul-09

RMY: A friend of mine (deceased) was "Tom" (C.C.) Seitz. He made the very first ones.... there were fewer than 40 total made. He was also noted for being the very best "barrel man". After his untimely passing the company (AIM) acquired the rights thru' Tom's widow to copy Tom's gun and are still manufacturing it today. I talked to Richy @ AIM last week and asked him if all Seitz guns were essentially the same or whether there had been major modifications or changes. (other than adjustable ribs, etc). He did not go into this subject in detail but said that there had been 3 small changes since his company starting building the "Silver Seitz". After Mr. Seitz died the value of his original guns went "thru' the roof" and the last one I saw for sale was reportedly sold for $23,000.00. The "Silver Seitz" (AIM) is an American company that takes the "Seitz Legacy" very seriously and not only produces a fine firearm but also takes very good care of those that own them.

3. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

slik,

Tom Seitz was "the" barrelsmith in the 80s and early 90s until his tragic death. He also designed and built the Seitz trapgun.

Usually, Seitz barrels were stamped "C. C. Seitz" on the bottom of the monoblock.

I have a Seitz Perazzi barrel and it disintegrates the target, but will usually leave the little dome to go flying off.

Enjoy a great barrel.

Don

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

A Seitz bbl was typically .740 and .033 const. I'm sure other numbers can be found, but those seems to be his faves. Tom Seitz died of carbon monoxide poisening while staying ina hunting trailer out west. I think he was one of 3 that lost their lives in that accident.

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I thought he drowned?

6. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

MIA has cause of death correct as reported at the time. I have not seen the death certificate that would confirm the report.

7. rick979

rick979 Active Member

There were 2 Seitzs lost that day. He and his son. Carbon monoxide poisoning while camping. It was a very sad day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
c c seitz
cc seitz
cc seitz stamped barrel
cc tom seitz
gunsmith tom seitz co2 death

perazzi tm1 made in france cc seitz

perazzi tm1 made in france says cc seitz
tom sietz co poising