1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

bypassed

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Hauxfan, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Moderator Staff Member

Gary, sadly, there are probably a lot of small towns in Iowa that aren't what they used to be.

The town I graduated from had 3 grocery stores, 3 bars, a hatchery, a meat locker and a furniture store along with an Allis Chalmers dealer. Plus we had 4 gas stations and a funeral parlor and a bank.

Today, there is one bar and one gas station and a bank. The rest have all folded there tents and left town.

Hauxfan!
  2. Old Doc

Old Doc Member

It's scotch whisky,not whiskey. D Winter
  3. hoot619

hoot619 Member

OLD DOC, Glad you were cleared headed enough to correct his spelllinng

Just who gives a sh_t. Ken U
  4. tanda1

tanda1 Member

The other Illinois, south of I80 and north of I270
    Bet they had quite a laugh at you too. Perrier with a twist? Really? Are you sure you aren't closet skeeter? Or worse?

I spent 40 years in a major metropolitan area. It is just not worth the aggravation.

When you get to the next small mid western town... just keep driving. Your absence will be well appreciated.
  5. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

How do you like this crap........The backbone of America (rural America) where people scratch out a living minding their own business and some dickweed comes along making fun of them and predicting they will be all inbred in 20 years....

You'll find the same kind of Americans in all 50 States but then I suppose you'll also find people with the same contempt for others in all 50 States also...
  6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

You call that personal......You do have some superiority complexes don't you?

When I'm at the NW Iowa zone shoot in June I'll ask if anyone there is from that town. If so I'll mention that you think they will become inbred in a few years. I'm sure they will appreciate your assessment of their lack of social grace and inferior intelligence.

Bill.........that all you get for a name, what are you going to do about it?
  7. wolfram

wolfram Active Member

I use to do quite a bit of out of state pheasant hunting with this older guy that just loved the small town nowhere bars. I think he enjoyed seeking those places out more than the pheasant hunting. Didn't matter in the least what kind of booze they had - it was the characters he was interested in and old JT would drink what they were drinking. He never failed to meet new friends.

But Gary is right, those places are drying up and becoming fond memories. I think that is what the op was getting at - not that he needed a fancy beverage.
  8. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

And I'm sure the popper offers are extremely concerned about your low opinion of them no doubt. LOL
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.