1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bye Bye $22miliion!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by littlebigman, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littlebigman

littlebigman TS Member

If it was not sick enough to have dog fights, but when they lost he tortured them until they died; he also did it in front of other people so they could see what a thug he was. I really beleive that he thinks it's no big deal, perhaps watching all his money dwindle to the point he won't have any hanger ons to tell him how great he is will do the trick.

2. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

once a thug always a thug. The whole family is a mess and always has been.

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

He can always hook up with the juice.

4. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Stupid ball players, they are lucky enough to be paid incredible salaries and then they blow it away on a stupid move like that.

What is next? Vick wrestling?

Berettaman7

5. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

His contract was for $130 Million, but over 10 years.

If he's been suspended, he doesn't get paid. They want the signing bonus back; or a large portion there of.

But that's peanuts to what he really lost. Nike was due to launch a "Michael Vick" shoe. Scratch that idea. I think Adidas had something with him, etc.

The ENDORSEMENTS he lost, interview fees, personal appearances, etc probably cost him $500 MILLION PLUS.

For somebody to toss away half a BILLION dollars to see two dogs tear each other up is beyond stupid.

6. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

The only way they would get the $22 million back is if they have an all PETA jury!

That money was for him to sign up with them! The $130 million was for him to play with them for 10 years.

7. bgf

bgf Active Member

I would think that his contract has some sort of "escape" clause in favor of the club. If not, the Falcon's organization is stupid. JMHO.

Bernie

8. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

I believe most NFL clubs have the equivalent of a "morals clause" for lack of a better term. It's a catch-all clause, which protects the team from players doing exactly what Vick did.

Best,
    Dennis

9. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

Guess what? Disney is remaking LADY AND THE TRAMP They are not going to rehire the witch but have Vick take her place. Its suppose to be scarey as hell.

10. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

He won't be going to Canada(or anywhere else) until he gets out of jail! With a Federal rap he WILL go to prison. Just how long will be up to a Feeral Judge to decide.

11. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Unlike MLB, NFL contracts are not guaranteed. If they cut him loose for any reason, its my understanding he doesn't get anymore $$$.

12. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

Don't worry too much about Vick. He may have lost his Nike contract, but he's picked up a new shoe contract...Hush Puppies.

13. Southern Gent

Southern Gent TS Member

Well we are staying on top of this.

No more pay for Mr. Vick.

The Falcons can reclaim the signing bonus.

The bad thing is that he can keep any of his previous salary that he has squirreled away.

14. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

That ASSHOLE won't even spend a day in jail for his crimes!Money is no object to him,not even 22 mill! I hope they at least ban him from all pro sports for life!
    He is a piece of shit!
    Rooferbob!

15. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

Could not have happen to a nicer asshole.

16. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

roofer, you forget that he pleaded guilty to "FEDERAL" Felony conspiricy charges. With a federal wrap the individual with spend a MADATORY prison sentence and there will be no probabtion. The LENGHT will be decided by a FEDERAL Judge. The ONLY way he would avoid jail time for a FEDERAL wrap is if the sentece was "commuted" by the U.S.Attorney General or the President of the U.S. and I don't think THAT is going to happen in this case!

17. kentucky joe

kentucky joe TS Member

Slide action; you are not entirely correct. There are plenty of defendants in the federal system that get sentenced to probation. Only certain crimes carry mandatory sentences, and I don't believe that dog fighting is one of them.

What the federal system does have is sentencing guidlines that the judge is mandated to "Consider", not necessarily follow. What I understand about Vicks charges is that his sentencing guidlines call for 8-14 months in prison. Most judges will still sentence him in that time frame, but they are not required to. A supreme court decision known as "Booker", ruled that it was unconstitutional to require federal judges to sentence defendants to a guidline sentence, they only have to consider the guidlines when they pronounce their sentence. So, if Judge Hudson wishes to give him probation, he can, but I would think that it is highly unlikely. If Vick goes to prison (Which he most likely will), then he will have to serve 85% of the sentence, unless the sentence is for less than 12 months, he would then have to serve every day of the sentence. Most attorneys will convince the judge to give him 12 months and a day, so that the defendant then gets credit for good time and only does the 85%. After Vicks release, he will then have to be on Supervised Release for probably three or four years. That will require him to conform to a set of standards layed down by the court, if he violates these standards, he can be sent back to prison, again and again, until the supervision is terminated!

18. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

He'll buy or lie his way out of jail as an informant or some kinda of bull! I still say he don't even do a day!

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

All this conjecture is strictly that: guesswork.

But the whole thing is so much in the public eye that I doubt if there will be any cakewalk for the arrogant "Athlete".

And that is as it should be. when I was a kid fifty million years ago we revered the superstars. And when Joe dimaggio married Marilyn Monroe it was like the All American hero story.

We bought our gloves and bats that had our favorite hero's signature and played better because of it.

Seems like that all went away in the late 60's when personal responsibility underwent many changes.

So much aberrant behavior is acceptable now, I suppose some of them think anything goes.

We'll see.

HM

20. bgf

bgf Active Member

Well, according to his press conference today, he has found Jesus. I wonder who told him to play the "J" card? Jesse? Al perhaps?

Man what a sleaze bag.

Bernie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.