1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

By-passing safety lockout

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Wahoo, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wahoo

Wahoo TS Member

This is really off-topic. I have a Snapper riding lawnmower with a safety interlock that is beserk. You are supposed to be sitting on the seat for the engine to start and/or run. Mine sometimes lets me start, usually doesn't until
    I bounce up and down on the seat several times. I am tired of taking this POJ to the dealer and paying them to reset the interlock. How do I by-pass this interlock? Anu suggestions appreciated.

2. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

probably just splice a couple of wires together before the switch....

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

A simple jumper wire will do. Look for the plug on the bottom side of the seat.

ss

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I by pass all my mowers like that use a short wire .

5. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Paperclip will work.

6. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I take it your a Grad from UVA.

7. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

You might want to reconsider whether you REALLY want to bypass that safety switch or fix it so that it works the way it should. Many years ago (before these riding mowers had the seat safety switch) a friend of mine was mowing the grass on a slope in his back yard. The riding mower tipped over and he fell off on the downhill side. Within a second or two, this mower rolled on top of him with the blades turning at full speed. He put up his right hand to protect his head. The blades took most of the fingers off his right hand. The doctors attempted to re-attach some of the fingers, but the surgery had little success.

After many operations and many years of pain and suffering, he was left with a terribly disfigured hand with only two fingers, neither of which was of much use. I'll bet that if you asked him, he would tell you to spend $30 (or whatever the cost) and buy a new switch that works the way it should. Some safety features are actually a good idea. This is one of them.

Easystreet

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I would replace the safety switch with a "Deadman" like we use on racing and hillclimb bikes, and boats too.

A NC microswitch that opens when the string on your wrist or hooked to you somehow is pulled out should not be too hard to do. Cost would be about 3 bucks, work about a half hour.

I would use a piece of plastic and a thong.

Too bad the mower monkeys can't fix it.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
by passing safety switches on snapper rider

disable snapper interlock switch

how does snapper mower seat interlock switch work
how to bypass all safety switches on riding mower
how to disable safety switch on snapper riding lawn mower
snapper safety interlock switch
snapper seat safety switch