1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

By George, I think I got it......

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jlesley, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlesley

jlesley TS Member

Probably not, but lets see if I'm close. A BT-99+ is really a BT-99 that has an adj. comb/stock, right? So if I found a BT-100 with an adj. comb/stock wouldn't I basically have the same gun as the BT-99+??? OR....is there a big weight difference? OR....am I way off? Everyone's help has been tremendous - all this has been really fun and I haven't even gotten a damn gun yet!! Jill

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Different guns. BT100 has a removable trigger.

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

sorry george

4. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

The rib is different and the BT100 has a drop in trigger housing so you can change to a release trigger with very little fuss.

Rock

Jim

5. cookoff

cookoff TS Member

Jill, I was researching these same guns a couple months ago. The + version also has an adjustable rib. Was informed no BT-100 had this and thus there are no 100 +'s.
    Bruce

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Don't forget the Plus guns have a recoil absorbing device (if you haven't already discussed it), the stock is adjustable at the comb as well as length of pull and the butt pad can be canted somewhat. If you put a Jones stock adjuster on one, you can crank things around until your neck looks like a pretzel. ;-) The rib on the Plus guns were quite a bit higher than the old BT99s, but similar in height to the ribs on the 100s and the reintroduced 99s. The Plus guns were, and still are quite a bargain. They're good guns for beginners as well experienced shooters. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.