1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Buying shells by the pallet?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I understand there are 120 flats on a pallet. Who would you contact to order STS shells in that quantity? Also, would the truck driver be able to put the pallet inside of a garage? Final question is there enough savings, to warrant the initial outlay?

Phil Berkowitz

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Phil, a couple of things here and first is most times you need to be a FFl dealer to get the best price. Second they will not deliever most times to residental homes. You can get by these first two if you find the right dealer, but it will limit who can buy and ship from. Next you will need a forklift no matter who ships the pallet of shells. Hope this helps you out. Break-em all. Jeff

3. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Without an FFL the price isn't worth it to buy it by the pallet. I'm not sure how much better pricing would be with an FFL because I'm still waiting on my license from the ATF.

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

You don't need an FFL to buy shells. They will deliver to any business that has a fork lift or a loading dock. Where I live you can get Remington GCs for 52. a flat delivered. Dont know the price for STS shells.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

"You don't need an FFL to buy shells"

He didn't say you did, he said "To get the best price you need to be a FFL dealer" and for the most part, he is right.----Matt

6. Rusty Razor

Rusty Razor Member

Phil you need a few conections I had a pallet shiped to my local lumber yard used thier forklift to unload truck and load onto my trailer. I went through Crow shooting supplies. Now I have about three years worth of shells it worked out to about $69.00 a flat for STS's price could go up or down if they go down buy more if they go up maybe I can ride it out till the price comes down. Jim Henry

7. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

A number of years ago I purchased 50 flats of Kent Velocity Lite Sporting shells, direct. At that time Kent had a drop ship program for 25+ flat private purchases that included free shipping(no FFL required). I did the same thing with B&P Shotshells several years later. The B&P I set up through Marty Fisher, a well known NSCA instructor, who may have been rep'ing(?) the shells at that time.

I liked both shells, and would do it again if the drop shipping offer and price was right. STS may have some hull resale value that Kent or B&P don't, but you can also reload either of these straight walls if you choose.

Kent is (was) made here in the states in Kearneyville, W.Va. Good company to work with and very good components in their products. You might start by checking some of the web sites of instructors and minor brand shells for some deals.

IME,
    Kip

8. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

you don't need to be a FFL to get the best price.....I know private individuals who are buying Kemen and Rio by the pallet and getting the same price as the FFL dealers are charging....

You will need a loading dock and a commercial address to get a pallet dropped off to you. Most, if not all, suppliers won't ship bulk to a residental address unless you eat the extra cost for the truck to drop ship it at your house.

9. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Sernv99, what is the advantage for an individual purchaser to buy immense quantities of shells for the "same price as FFL dealers are charging"? Why wouldn't we buy reasonable quantities from the FFL dealers at the same prices? Our group orders and receives shipment from a distributor who relies on our people to unload his truck, quickly.

10. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

eightbore: the advantage is that I can order what I want and not have to rely on a FFL who MAY or MAY NOT have what I need at the moment I walk into his/her store. Additionally, where I live, not too many shops carry Gamebore, Fiocchi, Kemen, Rio.... I don't mind getting a good day's exercise offloading a pallet of shells.

11. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

A group of our club members will get together and buy pallet quantities of loaded shells a few times each year. The savings are about 20% off what we can get similar quality shells from a discount store like WalMart. These savings come mostly through reduced freight rates and no taxes. It would be pretty hard for a single person to come up with this amount of cash so a group buy is the way to go here.

We buy through a large distributor that also gets targets for the club.

12. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

I've done this several times with a few other shooters. You do not get a better deal as an FFL, though I am sure that many FFL holders would like you to believe that. Flats per pallet depend on the brand. I think their are 96 flats in a pallet of RIOs and 108 in Remingtons.... or it could be the other way around. The advantages are pretty clear. You can get what you want and you can mix and match. There is no shipping charge if you buy about a pallet. They will deliver wherever they can get the truck and includes right to your door. If you are fortunate enough to live close to a distributor in a neighboring State like I am, there's no sales tax. Our last order was about two months ago. RIO's were $48.95 and GCs were $50. This was from CAC in Pennsylvania. There was a $20 fuel sur-charge. That's it.

sernv99... CAC would work for you too, as they deliver in your area. They will wait until they can fill the truck (52' Truck) and then make a run to various small clubs and groups. They alse carry reloading supplies. Magnum shot was $28.

13. dverna

dverna Active Member

AJ Brenner has to be the best deal in my area. I now buy everything from him.

Top guns are $49, RIOS were under $50. STS's under $70. You can buy one flat and get that price at a shoot. Catch him at Mason and the Cardinal Center.

He will even put your order on a golf cart and take it to your vehicle.

Don Verna

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Ok, let me set the record straight on what i meant on the FFL holders better pricing thing. With the FFL you can buy at those discount prices for (1) flat or a (100) flats. You see the difference is, you must get together a bunch of money(and/or people) to buy a butt load to get the good prices. A FFL can do it all day long buying from the wholesalers. Thats why i made the statement i did. My best friend is a FFL and we just bought (6) bags of shot for $27ea. That is given becuse of the quanity over time purchased as opposed to one big order. How many do you have to buy to get that price? Actually i guess both statements are true. It doesn't matter as long as your getting the best prices available. Its all good---Matt

15. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Todays marketing system, is quantity driven, if no license is required and you buy enough they will sell it to you for the same price as an FFL, they really don't care who they sell it to, they want to make the sale

And if you check around there are alot of freight companies that will deliver to residential areas if there is room for them, to manuver a truck around, we have them deliver and pick up parts to our shop all the time, but we have a couple of fork lifts to unload

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
b&p shotgun shells new distributor

buying shotshells by the pallet

can you buy rio shells by the pallet
how many flats in a pallet of shotgun shells

how much does a pallet of shotgun shells weigh

how much is a flat of shotgun shells

pallet of shotgun shells

pallet of shotgun shells for sale